We are performing scheduled database maintenance, which may cause temporary downtime. We appreciate your patience and apologize for any inconvenience.
 nathsketch:
I suppose I could be considered an ex-Jinger, sort of, because I started watching LYF because of Deng Wei. I liked his character in Miss the Dragon

I thought his character was likeable and had good chemistry with the 2nd FL from the few clips I saw of that drama.

For Jing, I didn't think he had chemistry with XY but I thought their relationship was still kind of cute. After episode 30, it was like my mind snapped ? and all the affection I had for him before just disappeared. I started loathing almost everything about him and his relationship with XY lol.

nathsketch:
So… is this what they call love at first sight? ?

Yes, it is : )

Kokuto:

@Elise 

If you are delusional about that first kiss, so am I, and the director (who wanted the shot to look beautiful) and Deng Wei / Jing (who wanted to know how much he would have to pay TenCent to remove that scene in a post on Weibo.)

Wait a minute ... XL is totally the first choice, not the last.  ;pppp

Deng Wei wanted the kiss scene removed from a weibo post? LOL ?

Elise:

Indeed!  As soon as he lazily said the line about dirtying up his clothes, I was intrigued.  I'm a clothes slob, but I appreciate a well dressed man.

Elise:

I thought his character was likeable and had good chemistry with the 2nd FL from the few clips I saw of that drama.

For Jing, I didn't think he had chemistry with XY but I thought their relationship was still kind of cute. After episode 30, it was like my mind snapped ? and all the affection I had for him before just disappeared. I started loathing almost everything about him and his relationship with XY lol.

Dang, this is the type of son-in-law my parents dream of.

It has nothing to do with me. It's just what they told me they want ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Kokuto:

LMAO.  That Austin Powers gif is SO me when I look at XL.  LOL!

Best energy is the Involuntary Bottle Squeeze Energy.

We gotta squeeze something. Anything.

nathsketch:

We gotta squeeze something. Anything.

My dogs are starting to look nervous when they hear someone's theme songs.

Kokuto:

My dogs are starting to look nervous when they hear someone's theme songs.

NOT XIANG LIU AGAIN, HUMAN!

BTW I'm curious, is anyone else here an ex-Jinger too? I abandoned ship ever since episode 30, the episode when XL took XY away and spent years under the sea to revive her. Idk ever since that episode and the events happening with Jing after that, I couldn't support him anymore.

I liked Jing when he was just Shiqi. I became increasingly uncomfortable with his behaviour over time because kept intentionally acting pitiful to tie down XY and saying stuff like "please keep your heart for me" (who says something like that???!?). Also because he kept going to CX in order to force XY to see him whenever XY was ignoring him due to his inability to keep his promises. 

I think the turning point for me was episode 27. There's that scene after his puppet was assassinated, where he's been waiting for XY for 2 days because she's refusing to see him. XY tells him she feels bad about their situation and he just acts like the most stereotypical married guy having an affair making excuses to his mistress. And then he even has the audacity to tell XY "Grandma says I can marry who I like, but I have to marry Yiying first". It just feels really... emotionally manipulative, like he's trying to push her boundaries by acting pitiful. Idk, that scene made me deeply uncomfortable lol.

After that, I just couldn't support Jing anymore. I feel like I probably won't like season 2 because XL seems to ship XY and Jing haha </3

kitty_momo:
I think the turning point for me was episode 27.

Hi Kitty!

Oh no, I stopped watching it at episode 26. Guess I'll never be finishing this thing lol

kitty_momo:
I liked Jing when he was just Shiqi.

Same. But even back then, the perpetual sad puppy face started to become increasingly annoying.

kitty_momo:
please keep your heart for me" (who says something like that???!?)

To be honest, if it was Xiang Liu saying this, the whole thing would feel completely different. 

But he wouldn't. He's better than that. He's the one giving away his heart and asking nothing in return. *sobs*

kitty_momo:
"Grandma says I can marry who I like, but I have to marry Yiying first".

kitty_momo:
I feel like I probably won't like season 2 because XL seems to ship XY and Jing haha

I love him, but I hate this.

nathsketch:
Oh no, I stopped watching it at episode 26. Guess I'll never be finishing this thing lol

Oh no, you haven't seen the rest? Are you waiting until part 2 comes out? Did you read the book?

nathsketch:
To be honest, if it was Xiang Liu saying this, the whole thing would feel completely different.

But he wouldn't. He's better than that. He's the one giving away his heart and asking nothing in return. *sobs*

Exactly, XL would never say something like that. He cares only about XY being happy. Though I wish he would give her an option to choose what makes her happy by giving her all the facts, instead of deciding for her.

nathsketch:
I love him, but I hate this.

To be honest, at this point I'm not even sure if I ship XL and XY... I think I ship XL and Wen Xiaoliu. I feel like the person XL loves is Wen Xiaoliu, not XY.

To me, XY just becomes worse and worse after turning back into a woman, living entirely for her cousin and having no agency whatsoever, just passively drifting around and entirely dependent on men.

I feel like being with Jing also seems to drain her energy/vibe, and I don't like what XY is like when she is with Jing. She doesn't seem like herself at all, she turns into a generic sweet and silly FL.

I would love it if XY got to keep her interesting and distinct Wen Xiaoliu personality, then she could be with XL and it would be fun and interesting to watch. As the character is written now, maybe it's for the best that  XY is with Jing, lol.

I am back, and this is my second contribution of the day. I was blown away the first time I saw TJC as Xiang Liu, and my eyes were glued to him. The character came alive, and he just nailed it. 

kitty_momo:
Oh no, you haven't seen the rest? Are you waiting until part 2 comes out? Did you read the book?

No, I haven't. No, I'm not. No, I didn't. Hahahahaha I just called it quits after I found out how it all ends.

I'm just hanging up here because I like the company and because Xiang Liu is living rent-free in my head.

kitty_momo:
Though I wish he would give her an option to choose what makes her happy by giving her all the facts, instead of deciding for her.

Couldn't agree more. Yes, the selflessness is very sexy. But I wish he would just man up and say what he needs to say to her.

kitty_momo:
To be honest, at this point I'm not even sure if I ship XL and XY... I think I ship XL and Wen Xiaoliu. I feel like the person XL loves is Wen Xiaoliu, not XY.

Exactly. Wen Xiaoliu was the best. Resourceful, fun, daring. Xiao Yao is just a damsel in distress. And a very boring one at that. Ok, there was the bow scene with CX. But with a teacher like the one she had, I'd expect nothing less from her.

kitty_momo:
I feel like being with Jing also seems to drain her energy/vibe, and I don't like what XY is like when she is with Jing. She doesn't seem like herself at all, she turns into a generic sweet and silly FL.

We already have so many of those silly FLs. All that is missing is the annoying voice and bingo. Yes, not only that but Jing also drains the viewer's energy. I can confirm it. I snooze every time he shows up on my screen.

kitty_momo:
I would love it if XY got to keep her interesting and distinct Wen Xiaoliu personality, then she could be with XL and it would be fun and interesting to watch.

And she had a purpose. Being a doctor? A woman? Granted, she was not entirely a woman at the time. But even so, at that time period, that was a victory for all women.

kitty_momo:
As the character is written now, maybe it's for the best that XY is with Jing, lol.

Maybe. To be honest, everything would have been perfect if they just kept Xiang Liu alive somehow. I couldn't care less for any of the other characters. I pretend I do, but I don't even know most of their names LMAO

MissUnderstood50:

I am back, and this is my second contribution of the day. I was blown away the first time I saw TJC as Xiang Liu, and my eyes were glued to him. The character came alive, and he just nailed it. 

It was a cultural reset.

I had never seen anything like it and probably will never see it again.

kitty_momo:
I liked Jing when he was just Shiqi. I became increasingly uncomfortable with his behaviour over time because kept intentionally acting pitiful to tie down XY and saying stuff like "please keep your heart for me" (who says something like that???!?).

Yes, he was so much better as Shiqi, no obligations or family to tie him down. I was starting to get annoyed with him every time he said sorry or reminded XY of her promise to him (wait 15 years).

kitty_momo:
Also because he kept going to CX in order to force XY to see him whenever XY was ignoring him due to his inability to keep his promises.

I also hated that he used CX as an excuse to see XY. In episode 23, I hated that scene when she ditched Fang Feng Bei to hang out with Jing (because she remembered what CX asked her to do). I had the same expression as FFB when she ditched him.

No, Jing you don't. You just wanted to see XY.

Look how happy FFB was.

Actually, you know what. I'll just gif it XD

RAGE!!!

Same FFB. Same.

kitty_momo:
XY tells him she feels bad about their situation and he just acts like the most stereotypical married guy having an affair making excuses to his mistress. And then he even has the audacity to tell XY "Grandma says I can marry who I like, but I have to marry Yiying first". It just feels really... emotionally manipulative, like he's trying to push her boundaries by acting pitiful. Idk, that scene made me deeply uncomfortable lol.

Their relationship did seem like an affair considering he's engaged. Some people say they don't really see him as engaged because he and his fiancee don't like each other.... technically, they are on paper ??‍♀️