H19279:

I don't know if in Chinese the word "delicious" can be used in which context. But in Vietnamese, "delicious" ("ngon") can be used in many cases: food (of course); beautiful, saxy body; (adverb) easily;healthy

In Dutch, there is similar word meaning delicious - lekker. It is used in million cases whenever speakers feel nice, positive or fine about something. 

BTW: in LMLMV, there are a lot of food scenes. And Dr Mo & Sheng Sheng did not perform some further acts although they shared the same bed. It would have been more delicious if he had eaten her. LOL 

Oh in the novel he ate her until she was almost passed out.......and she asked herself where he gets all the energy from

nathsketch:

Are you going there???

Nooooo that's madness, don't do that.

That thread it's so awful lol

The fugly edits make my eyeballs bleed. The grammar too.

They won't reply because they won't be able to. No coherent arguments. Been there, done that :)

Here, look at something pretty:

So pretty ❤️

Kikinaki:

Oh in the novel he ate her until she was almost passed out.......and she asked herself where he gets all the energy from

so, how comes the drama so bland and innocent? I had doubt on mental health of both ML and FL when they spent the whole night walking or just sat sleeping on the flat boat 

nathsketch:

To be honest, this expression is used in the exact same way in Portuguese here in Brazil.

It is what it is.

It is universal human pereption, I think

Kikinaki:

Lol, in the novel the fl did acknowledge that Dr Mo was "eating" her in all ways

.......I almost died 

ROBBED!  Again!

H19279:

so, how comes the drama so bland and innocent? I had doubt on mental health of both ML and FL when they spent the whole night walking or just sat sleeping on the flat boat 

In the novel he did everything to her except the final act.....

...after they got married he didn't spare her, he unleashed all the fire he suppressed on her

The drama is just a disappointment 

Kikinaki:

Lol, in the novel the fl did acknowledge that Dr Mo was "eating" her in all ways

.......I almost died 

How is this not The Silence of the Lambs?

Ahahahahahah

H19279:

The drama has a completely different vibe and the novel could never be faithfully adapted in terms of Chinese entertainment.

They should have sold the rights to the Polish or something heheh

Love Me Love My Voice: 365 Days of Eating

They already got a boat :D

Kikinaki:

Guys

.... genuine question here

....why do most Chinese novels describe sex as "being eaten"?

Almost all the novels I'm reading describes it the same way .....

The last one I read , the lady exclaimed " my boss just ate me and wiped his hands clean"

Lol

I woke up and checked to board just to see you ladies being all tHorny over the word eat!. nathsketh is losing whatever little sanity she has left :-).

I'm not Chinese so I don't know how "being eaten" came about as slang for having sex In China. However, in Vietnamese, we also use "eat each over", "being eaten" and "eat" as slang for sex/having sex. It might just be a shortened way of saying "eat and lie" which denotes eating from the same tray and lying in the same bed - a way to illustrate a close/intimate relationship such as husband and wife. So in Vietnamese, if you say "those two have eat lie together" you are saying that they have had sex. Now they just shortened it further to "eat". There is also a Vietnamese idiom - "eating rice before the gong" which means to have sex before marriage; maybe that also played into the current use of "eat"  to mean having sex.

What I can tell you is that "eat" here is not the same as "eating someone out" in English :-).

Here ends the language lesson.

H19279:

Do I have new year depression? Or Am I so bored?  why do I sometimes like to challange posts on JingYao's discussion section (the one under season 2). @nathsketch, am I seeking trouble myself?

Hahaha, however, I am quite pissed and dissapointed because they didn't give me the reply or response

Maybe it's because the academic thread has slowed down, but you still want to discuss the novel so need to find some people to engage in discussion with. I don't think you'll get it over there though. 

As nathsketch said, I don't think the ladies over there want to engage, particularly if it's about things that are less than flattering about their fav. It's understandable.

Happy New Year everyone??? although I‘m a bit late. Wish you all another great year with TJC and may we survive LYF S2 together.

I still love LMLMV though it‘s magic kind of fizzle out a bit towards the end for me, mostly because the side romances and the disappointment of the romance failed to hit higher notes after those kissing built up that lead to nowhere instead of some ‚eating‘ in bed scenes. I‘küll take watered down ‚eating‘ scene, not expected anything else from Cdrama obviously but to get nothing at all ‚sigh‘ we‘ve been robbed. 

I totally would watch this Love Me Love My Voice: 365 Days of Eating with TJC hopefully partially or fully exposed ‚ehem…a girl can hope…?

Kikinaki:

In the novel he did everything to her except the final act.....

...after they got married he didn't spare her, he unleashed all the fire he suppressed on her

The drama is just a disappointment 

They didn't "eat rice before the gong"? How disappointing. I guess they want to send the "right message" and sex before marriage is still something that is frowned upon in Asian culture. 

And isn't he supposed to be a virgin? Or am I imagining things? Two virgins together don't exactly scream orgasmic sex.

Kokuto:

ROBBED!  Again!

nathsketch:
Love Me Love My Voice: 365 Days of Eating

They already got a boat :D

I wouldn't be falling asleep if we'd gotten some "eating" in the drama.

Although, we'll probably be getting endless meowing noises to accompany those "eating". I don't think nathsketch will survive :-).

Now I'm just imagining that boat scene but in Love My Voice 0_0. I can't, they come across as too sexless - particularly our FL. She would probably jumped overboard.

HeadInTheClouds:
nathsketh is losing whatever little sanity she has left :-).

HeadInTheClouds:
Although, we'll probably be getting endless meowing noises to accompany those "eating". I don't think nathsketch will survive :-).

Why do you keep singling me out, homie? People be thinking I'm nuts. I am but let's not make it too evident lmao

HeadInTheClouds:
She would probably jumped overboard.

The mosquito lotion was too much. Remember that. 

Such a simple thing

HeadInTheClouds:
And isn't he supposed to be a virgin? Or am I imagining things? Two virgins together don't exactly scream orgasmic sex.

Clearly, Dr. Mo likes to educate himself on things he's ignorant of.  If he's going to research what alpacas eat (oh noooo, eating is everywhere!), he's going to research other ...eating.  lol

HeadInTheClouds:

Now I'm just imagining that boat scene but in Love My Voice 0_0. I can't, they come across as too sexless - particularly our FL. She would probably jumped overboard.

LMAO.  This is so wrong.  Now I'm imagining all the cat sounds while 'eating!'   Maybe they'd be more like intense and loud, like MEEEEEOOOOOOOOW!  Or RAAAAOAAAAAAAAR!  Or like .... suddenly remembering all those nature shows.  I'm dying.

Nope.  Have to disagree.  They just can't make Tan sexless in my eyes.