CEMS2001:

Me too  Chingu but I learned my lesson with his last drama with Zhou Ye. I still remember how we were excited about it and how we would say that we were waiting anxiously for it, but it was a total disappointment for me. I managed to watched 14 episodes 🤣🤣

I can't believe it, Ericka!  You too?  Ah well, at least this is a movie, so it's not a big time investment.

Badgal1995:

Omgg the same energy I have nooo don’t wake me up before I see it!! In Tan we will trust, I will be like an idealistic Jing fan don’t stop me haha

I'll join in optimism.  Especially since it is a movie.

Kokuto:
Well, at least you know you'll have something to talk about when you meet Tan Jian Ci.

I don't know, Ko. That's far too optimistic given my language ability. I think the talking will be limited to gesturing to a bottle of perfume and giving the thumb up or thumb down :-). Maybe with a few "smell this" thrown in :-).

atmospheres:
Travel atomisers are the way to go. By the way, I just got D.S. & Durga's I Don't Know What and I'm obsessed.

Do you have any particular travel atomisers that you would recommend? 

I just looked up I Don't Know What and I'm intrigued. I wonder if it works as a fragrance extender the same way that Juliette Has A Gun's Not Another Perfume does. My skin eats fragrances. I've noticed that you like the Iso E Super molecules, it's in I Don't Know What, Molecules 1 and Another 13. I did have a smell of Another 13 and I can see why you would like it. It's a lovely clean skin scent - totally the Clean Girl aesthetic. Not Another Perfume is my current Clean Girl's go-to, but I'm tempted to add another one. Between Another 13 and I Don't Know What, which one lasts longer and which would you recommend?

My most recent perfume acquisition - which I totally do need :-) - is Amouge's Epic. This is my first Amouge and I'm impressed with the quality. It's so well-blended and smells expensive. The price tag though 0_0, even with discount and sale. 

I've been meaning to suggest this to you. If you still need to find out what brand that Salt perfume is from; take a picture of the bottle then use Google Lens to do an image search - it will return similar images to the picture. That might lead you to the brand. 

atmospheres:
I think TJC has been a Prada brand ambassador for maybe around a year now.

I wasn't aware of that. Is he repping their fashion or more their accessories side of things?

atmospheres:
And that has resulted in him having what is better than any niche crazy idol fandom -- critical acclaim in the form of being nominated and winning prestigious acting awards, popularity and recognition with the general public, and box office success. He's not an idol, he's a bona fide highly bankable movie star with mass recognition and appeal.

I knew that he had been doing some solid work, but didn't realize the extent of his success. Good for him. He's a lovely, nuanced actor who conveyed a lot with very little. This path is probably better suited to him anyway - from the little that I know of him, he's an introvert introvert, rather than a sociable introvert like TJC. I hope that eventually, TJC will follow a similar path. The liuliang's world just seems so exhausting with so much bullshit and drama. 

atmospheres:
Me too, I really liked him in that...although he's been coasting on my goodwill from that show and just me personally being into his looks for quite some time, which is why I can't really say I'm his fan because he's just not good enough for me to consistently try and watch everything he does

This is me as well. I did try to watch the modern series that he did after that but gave up after a handful of episodes since he didn't have the same appeal there as in Maiden Holmes. His spate of recent series hasn't been good either and he hasn't stood out. 

atmospheres:
That's the problem with a lot of these idol actors -- they coast on one big hit or famous/very well-liked or well-regarded role but they're often not able to replicate it again which makes them a one hit wonder and makes me question if it wasn't just dumb luck to begin with.

Yup. Gong Jun is coasting on Word of Honor. Yang Yang coasted on Love O2O. Some are dumb luck, but once they became hot, backers poured in to prop them up and you can't underestimate the impact of a crazy fandom. For some, it's a deliberate campaign by backers, such as Deng Wei and Zhang Linghe. I'm intrigued by how long these people get to coast before opportunities dry up. It seems like as long as their fans continue to spend, they can coast forever until they age out of the idol roles, which for men can be well into their 30s.

HeadInTheClouds:
It would be a nice get for Zhu Yilong. He broke out with The Guardians, but has been so low-key, just focusing on doing good work rather than engaging in any liuliang-style activities. Although, I probably shouldn't say that since I actually don't know what his fandom is like :-).

Well, if they haven't caused a big enough ruckus or flame war to be memorable, that's a big plus as far as what his fandom is like. :)

HeadInTheClouds:
This isn't exactly a ringing endorsement of his acting ability :-). He has been cast in good guy roles which can be limiting and difficult to make interesting. It will be interesting to see how he'll fare in a more exciting role. Villains and anti-heroes are often meatier than the straight-laced male lead characters.

People keep saying he outshone Dylan in Miss the Dragon, and I believe he played more of an antagonist in that one, I believe.  I haven't had a chance to watch it, as I heard it wasn't exactly a good drama.

HeadInTheClouds:
It seems like quality, not just the quantity of the endorsement is important. Every liuliang or liuliang hopeful is looking to establish themselves on the fashion front, so becoming a spokesperson for Dior is a huge get for DW. I think TJC may struggle a bit on the fashion front since he doesn't have the physique that these high-fashion brands look for.

Sadly, I agree.  Though Tan Jian Ci has nabbed some big names who also have a beauty line, like Valentino.  Plus there is the luxury brands, like DeBeers and Royal Copenhagen.

Kokuto:
People keep saying he outshone Dylan in Miss the Dragon, and I believe he played more of an antagonist in that one, I believe. I haven't had a chance to watch it, as I heard it wasn't exactly a good drama.

Miss the Dragon was the reason I was a Jinger at first. Yikes. I'll never feel comfortable writing this stuff for all to see hahaha

Look guys, they fixed it!

https://weibo.com/2937204110/4989382841598590

Imagine if it were like this!? Though they would still need a better actress for the role lolololololol

nathsketch:

Look guys, they fixed it!

https://weibo.com/2937204110/4989382841598590

Imagine if it were like this!? Though they would still need a better actress for the role lolololololol

O_O

Mo Qingcheng-Frozen Rose Shark Man Case 

This doesn't work for me... no cat meowing. ;p   They should have used that as the killing trigger.

Kokuto:

O_O

Mo Qingcheng-Frozen Rose Shark Man Case 

This doesn't work for me... no cat meowing. ;p   They should have used that as the killing trigger. 

The meowing is part of the reason he became a serial killer. It all started with a cat heheheheheh

nathsketch:

The meowing is part of the reason he became a serial killer. It all started with a cat heheheheheh

lol

I notice the weibo poster of the video has a cat on their avatar. heh

Kokuto:

lol

I notice the weibo poster of the video has a cat on their avatar. heh

Ahhhhhh you see? Hmmmm

Here!  Have some more cats meows that you'll like.  Tan Jian Ci cat emoji!

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=10159446090886786&set=g.807434947498079

Kokuto:

Reminded me of why I am a cat person :3

Deadline extension to JANUARY 26!!!

Get your audio or video greetings in !

nathsketch:

Attention International #小炭火 (#XiaoTanHuo)!

Let's come together to create something truly special for the #LunarNewYear!  Express your warmest greetings and well wishes to #檀健次 (#TanJianci) by participating in our heartwarming video compilation.

How to Participate:

Say "#HappyNewYear" or its equivalent in your native language.
Record a short video or audio clip sharing your Lunar New Year wishes.

Submit today: bit.ly/XTH-Greeting

Submission Period: January 7 - January 13, 2023

Let's showcase the incredible diversity of our 小炭火 family and spread joy worldwide!  Don't miss this chance to be a part of something amazing.

The video will be edited together and shared on the Official Tan Jianci Global Fan Club channels on X, Youtube, and Instagram. 

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=737088023924&set=g.807434947498079

nathsketch:

Meow

@atmosphere

thank you for your really informative insight on c-net. It’s too bad that TJC’s height is still kind of being his stumbling block. I hope that more and more high end fashion brands will see the merit of using average height of local people to promote their clothes. Especially in Asia where the majority of women actually are petite and TJC‘s height actually the average height of the men there. Maybe we‘ll live to see the surge of new fashion models with body types and heights that actually are the representative of real people instead of this idealized tall skinny models walking on the catwalk.  ‚I won‘t hold my breath though‘. 

nathsketch:

Kokuto:

I‘m not a cat person but I‘m ready to be converted looking at those pics. Cuteness overload!