Thank you for the response and insight @atmosphere

atmospheres:
I think that's just convenient smoke and mirrors to muddy up the waters that Deng Wei Studio (I will be referring to this as his team) has been very displeased with how Tencent has treated and promoted (or lack thereof) him, his character, and the official CP since the promo cycle for S1.

atmospheres:
and not only has not treated Deng Wei and his character as the romantic leading male character and part of the official CP but has treated him as though he is a 3rd class citizen or worse

So have I been unfair towards Tencent and the drama team this entire time when I complained that they pushed YaoJing and downplayed YaoLiu :-)? I'd imagined that they had to push 1:1 to get around some of the censorship, but they knew what the core of the story was and maybe once TJC's XL became such a hit they went with it and focused their promo around him. Nevertheless, if they had promised Deng Wei certain things and didn't deliver, it's understandable that he and his team would feel wronged. 

atmospheres:
however IQIYI is trying to develop a 360 model with actors that Tencent and other production houses and online content distributors have not done or if so have not fully leaned into (Daylight for example) which is to not only invest in and distribute shows but invest in, create, and promote actors to make them traffic stars specifically for IQIYI productions.

Sounds like IQIYI is leaning into the studio system of Old Hollywood. There are benefits to being part of this sort of system, but if his fans are pulling he doesn't have much control over his career thing now, I'd imagined that he will be even more restricted if he goes all in with IQIYI. It makes sense that he would want to go with someone who offers him more benefits, however, I don't think it's a wise move to openly burn bridges with Tencent the way that he/his team are doing. The industry is a small one, you never know when you may need these relationships down the track. Not to mention IQIYI isn't a sure thing at the moment and they already have other male stars on their roster that they are attempting to turn into liu liang status.  Chen Zhe Yuan is apparently the Crown Prince of IQIYI. Of course, CZY, Zhang Ling He and Deng Wei all won the same Weibo's award this year. They are all similar in age as well. He'll be competing with these actors for roles and opportunities. 

atmospheres:
As for the Yang Zi issue, Deng Wei Studio has not been happy with Yang Zi and her team since the promo cycle for S1, they feel she has not promoted the official CP the way she should have

atmospheres:
saying XY didn't choose any of the men, TSJ was the only one who chose her, so basically his fandom took it as her saying XY just ended up with him by default.

This track with what I've seen from the Vietnamese DW's fans. They are up in arms because her interpretation of YaoJing's relationship and the novel are different from their own. Have they thought that in crafting the character, she would have consulted the director and the author of the novel? But of course, they are also attacking the author, accusing her of not understanding her own work. I understand that once the story is out there, readers will interpret it differently from the author's original intentions, but for goodness sake, people will have different opinions than you, deal with it like adults instead of throwing tantrums and insisting that your way is the only way. 

atmospheres:
From Diamonds' POV, she has not been professional and fulfilled part of her job which is to promote the official CP and play up the couple vibes with Deng Wei during promotional events instead seemingly choosing to highlight her own individual accomplishments portraying Wen Xiaoliu and XY.

Are there expectations for couple fan-services in CDrama Land like there are in some other entertainment industries? I remembered there was some hoopla when Love and Redemption came out and fans were pissed at Cheng Yi for not giving them couple fan-services with Yan Bing Yuan.  Or when Shawn Dou post birthday messages to his real-life girlfriend during the screening of his drama with Chen Duling. Fans complained that he wasn't being professional because he ruined the fantasy of his fictional romance with Chen Du Ling. It seems that these fans love to use the "professionalism" accusation to legitimize their unreasonable demands/expectations. 

atmospheres:
I think probably this Diamonds vs. Zimis commotion is to create a mess to obscure the industry wranglings going on behind the fandom shenanigans between what Deng Wei contractually owes to Tencent

Doing this so openly and using his fans to do it, is really short-sighted, IMO. Fans will make excuses and bystanders may be fooled, but the industry insiders - the one who really called the shots and can impact his future opportunities and development will see it for what it is. Sometimes, it's better to handle difficult relationships as professionally as you can instead of going scorched earth like this.

HeadInTheClouds:
Channing Tatum gyrating on the big screen :-)

Kokuto:
Sorry. I was distracted by the gyrations.

HeadInTheClouds:
The question is, would they be willing to strip while gyrating?? :-)

Can we please stop saying gyrations, gyrating, and other derivatives?

Or maybe not. Carry on.

nathsketch:

Can we please stop saying gyrations, gyrating, and other derivatives?

Or maybe not. Carry on.

No gyrating or gyrations? How about thrusting, would you prefer that?

Elise will probably have a heart attack if she sees the quality of these gifs, but, beggar can't be chooser :-)

HeadInTheClouds:

No gyrating or gyrations? How about thrusting, would you prefer that?

Elise will probably have a heart if she sees the quality of these gifs, but, beggar can't be chooser :-)

Dang it.

I have just the right video for this.

https://www.facebook.com/reel/1317909732421199

Heh. Hehehehe.

nathsketch:

Dang it.

I have just the right video for this.

https://www.facebook.com/reel/1317909732421199

Heh. Hehehehe.

I don't know what you are talking about. I saw nothing :-)

And speaking of gyrating. Thanks to Elise for this little number...

I vote TJC be cast as part of Chinese Entertainment Magic Mike Movie. I'm sure he can gyrate and thrust Channing right off the screen :-)

HeadInTheClouds:

I vote TJC be cast as part of Chinese Entertainment Magic Mike Movie. I'm sure he can gyrate and thrust Channing right off the screen :-)

*faints in Spanish*

HeadInTheClouds:

lawd! help me. hahahahahhahhahahahah

OMG!! Amazing! I forgot how to breathe. Such a Gorgeously talented man.❤️

https://images.app.goo.gl/XiG8Sg8PMNcCg6xF9

Just a few short clips from TJC's new movie, I Miss You

https://www.facebook.com/groups/317571010661247/permalink/403629388722075/?mibextid=oMANbw

https://fb.watch/qqktu1vndV/

https://fb.watch/qqklkgRfgl/

Meeting mother-in-law and the threaded, "what do you do. How much money do you make?" question. Poor from one incarnation to the next :-).

https://www.facebook.com/reel/728649686081083

Bonus cute puppy video

https://www.facebook.com/forduoduo/videos/1812748362537172/

Kokuto:
Unless you live in a big city, it will probably be hard to see the movie in the theater, but we'll find a way to see on our home screens, I'm sure. ;)

Will we be sourcing a bootlegged copy of this movie? We may have to do it old school and get someone to record it on their phone in the cinema :-).  The good old days of bootlegged videos where you can see people walking past the screen :-)

Kokuto:
Hmmm. He's a fictional character. He was created to evoke a certain response ... or in Tong Hua's case, multiple responses. ;p

Well, this would be the sane, reasonable response. Unfortunately, certain people have personalized things to such an extent that their behaviour is no longer reasonable. You see this sort of personalization in fandom based on pop culture. It goes back to that identity thing that we talked about way back. 

Kokuto:
Well, I certainly wouldn't post it in the cray cray zone. LOL!

I'm always reminded that fan is an abbreviation of fanatic. ;p

Definitely won't be posting it in the cray cray zone :-). I have no desire to bring aggravation upon myself or hash anyone else's buzz. It will just be the poor ladies in the YaoLiu threads who will be exposed to my ramblings :-). It's longer than I thought 0_0

And yes, FANATIC is the absolute correct term for what we've observed in the past few months.

HeadInTheClouds:
Meeting mother-in-law and the threaded, "what do you do. How much money do you make?" question. Poor from one incarnation to the next :-).

The ultimate Asian mom question! lmao. I have one daughter only, I going to make sure she is financially stable so I wouldn't ever have to ask such question. lmao.

HeadInTheClouds:
Definitely won't be posting it in the cray cray zone :-). I have no desire to bring aggravation upon myself or hash anyone else's buzz. It will just be the poor ladies in the YaoLiu threads who will be exposed to my ramblings :-). It's longer than I thought 0_0

I got pounded on one time writing a character analysis of YaoJing. Lmao! Why do they need character development? Thier love is pure, it's not codependency! And my favorite: So what, none of that matters, she chose him anyways! Well, we'll have our happy ending...blah blah. 

Okay, this is a character analysis of them, and why they failed to be compelling characters. Who gives if they have a happy ending. Lmao. I guess to their understanding because YaoJing  have a "happy ending" per se, they can't possibly be flawed.

plor20:

The ultimate Asian mom question! lmao. I have one daughter only, I going to make sure she is financially stable so I wouldn't ever have to ask such question. lmao.

My mum is very different from your typical Asian mum. Whenever I dated, she'll be asking, "are you sure? You don't have to get marry, you know?" :-). And we talked about being financially able/independent all the time. Don't have to be rich, but able to make my own money so that I'll never be dependent on my partner/spouse. We've seen examples from her and my generation of women who relied on their husbands only to be left high and dry. And financial abuse is too real a thing for me not to be cautious about it. 

HeadInTheClouds:

My mum is very different from your typical Asian mum. Whenever I dated, she'll be asking, "are you sure? You don't have to get marry, you know?" :-). And we talked about being financially able/independent all the time. Don't have to be rich, but able to make my own money so that I'll never be dependent on my partner/spouse. We've seen examples from her and my generation of women who relied on their husbands only to be left high and dry. And financial abuse is too real a thing for me not to be cautious about it. 

That was my mom too.  She was, like you don't have to get married.  She was more concerned about pushing me to get a good job.  lol

But from some of the stories I heard later, 

I think my mom had my grandparents pulling out her hair. lol!

plor20:

I got pounded on one time writing a character analysis of YaoJing. Lmao! Why do they need character development? Thier love is pure, it's not codependency! And my favorite: So what, none of that matters, she chose him anyways! Well, we'll have our happy ending...blah blah. 

Okay, this is a character analysis of them, and why they failed to be compelling characters. Who gives if they have a happy ending. Lmao. I guess to their understanding because YaoJing  have a "happy ending" per se, they can't possibly be flawed.

This is some weird logic. Can you even used the word logic here? I think they only care about shipping and who ending up with who and totally ignored other aspects of a story such as characters and themes etc. Imagine reading Wuthering Heights and only care about who Catherine ended up with!!! If we applied the same reasoning it will be, "She ended up with Edgar, therefore it's true love". I know that LYF isn't Crimes and Punishment, but any basic story structure is about the journey of characters from A to Z so to say character development is not important is disingenuous. If that's how you like to approach your reading, that's fine, but to dismissed other aspects as unimportant is intellectually dishonest. Is that the right term?

And can I get a link to this comment of yours, please?