atmospheres:

It was from Arena Homme + China January 2023 issue (he was on the cover as well, not sure when the actual shoot took place, probably a month or two after LYF filming wrapped). One of my favorite magazine shoots he's done, the chiaroscuro in some of the shots was really pretty.

This might be one of my favorite pics of him ever (MDL resizing it doesn't do the pic justice):

Thanks for the pictures. Arena's photoshoots are typically very high quality. Loved the dark and light contrasts in these photos. 

atmospheres:
unfortunately he's not an ectomorph nor very tall so every little bit of weight gain shows immediately on him, especially on his face and neck, and he's the type that gains weight easily and must watch what he eats very carefully.

Totally relatable. All I have to do is look at food and everything starts to expand :-).

Kokuto:
I have to admit, when he said luosifen didn't have a smell, but a fragrance,

This is something that you would say about a dish that you loved that has a pungent smell. To you, it's a fragrance, to others it stinks :-). There are a few Vietnamese dishes that I adored that would fall into this category. Several restaurants near me have luosifen on their menu. I've been meaning to try it. We do have a noodle soup in Vietnam that also has snails in it, so I'm gonna see how they compare. 

nathsketch:
Why are they making him become so thin? He better not get sick with all these ridiculous demands :(

Kokuto:
If he had time, and the inclination, he could go back to working out a little and then eat more. He just is looking a little too thin right now, IMO.

He's looking quite gaunt; reaching the point where all you see when you look at him are teeth. I don't understand it either, he and pretty much everyone look better with some meat on them. 

I came across this performance recently, don't know when it was, but he looked amazing. Hopefully, he'll go back to this look. 

Badgal1995:

I read yesterday that CZY is having billing dispute issues again with Reba this time. Is this true? Are we going to see WIK one day? Will his agency going to do this to everyone for each work? Lmfao I thought about WIK hope it won't impact.

If he's going up against Diliraba then he and his team are super bold. She has a stronger fandom and is a top liu liang compared to Ju Jingyi. The chance of Winner is King getting a release is very slim. I did read somewhere recently that the producers of these BLs are thinking about potentially turning them into short-form drama to get around the ban. I don't know how true this rumour is though. The other option is to re-edit and remove all aspects of BLs relationship - aka completely butchering the story. 

Will CZY try to pull the same billing stuff with TJC? I don't know what the contract was when they signed on, but given what he and his team tried to do with JJY, I won't be surprised if they tried to "renegotiate" so it's more in his favour.

@HeadInTheClouds

I don’t know well stats about her popularity but I think Reba is really popular in China. I feel she has an big international fandom too. It's clearly not the same level as JJY anyway. Maybe she’s going to let it go but seems her fans don’t want after some changes in the script to favor male lead role. If the rumors are really true, I hope she won't give up after the ruin of TLOA, especially since she has decided to take another direction in her career to focus only on genres that win awards to be recognized. Anyway, his agency is wronging him it is so hard to be humble as a rising actor.  She’s literally her senior in experience too. We already have a slim chance of seeing WIK. This poor drama only survives despite bl banned but CZY need to stop his scandals. I think the release chances get lesser.

I read here:

https://koalasplayground.com/2024/02/17/c-ent-insiders-say-the-billing-push-from-chen-zhe-yuans-camp-is-real-and-coming-from-iqiyi-investing-in-the-drama-love-on-the-turquoise-land/amp/

Let’s hope if one day we manage to see WIK. They’re not going to pull this billing shit to our Tan. Someone know about billing in WIK? I would love to know to be prepared. 

I don’t want to say we don’t care about butchering eve but I only need to see this out forgodsake :((‘

I found it!!!  The nickname for Tan Jianci that shows up when he reveals his muscles.

童颜巨肌    

Tóng yán jù jī

Childlike face and huge muscles

https://x.com/Toastmybuns1/status/1706260238960337088?s=20

My losing streak continues this year ... I tripped and fell yesterday and jammed up my wrist and landed on my face.  sigh.  I'm really not usually this clumsy ... cause I usually don't do much physical activities. lol

Anyway, I iced up as soon as I got home, and my face didn't bruise up or swell up.  But I think I sprained my left wrist so I'm not typing as fast or much.

Kokuto:

My losing streak continues this year ... I tripped and fell yesterday and jammed up my wrist and landed on my face.  sigh.  I'm really not usually this clumsy ... cause I usually don't do much physical activities. lol

Anyway, I iced up as soon as I got home, and my face didn't bruise up or swell up.  But I think I sprained my left wrist so I'm not typing as fast or much. 

I am truly sorry to hear about your fall. Really hope you recover quickly and completely. I had a fall last week too and ended up twisting my left foot badly, and my right one to a lesser degree. Thankfully no tears and it has recovered for the most part so I am mobile again. Please take care and hope you get well soon.

Kokuto:

That's rough Kokuto. Are you trying to get all of your bad luck out of the way at the start of the year? First house maintenance issues, then food poisoning, followed by Champloo stealing all of your cookies. Now this. 

liddi:

I am truly sorry to hear about your fall. Really hope you recover quickly and completely. I had a fall last week too and ended up twisting my left foot badly, and my right one to a lesser degree. Thankfully no tears and it has recovered for the most part so I am mobile again. Please take care and hope you get well soon.

I had a few falls - happened while I'm doing my morning jog. Probably a sign from the universe that I need to stop :-). Twisted my ankle on one, and scrapped my arm , hands and knees in the other. And smashed up my phone real good. I'm getting too old to hit the ground so hard :-).

I hope both of you will recover soon ?

Kokuto:

I found it!!!  The nickname for Tan Jianci that shows up when he reveals his muscles.

童颜巨肌    

Tóng yán jù jī

Childlike face and huge muscles

https://x.com/Toastmybuns1/status/1706260238960337088?s=20

Ahhh hahahahah that's it!!

Damn, son.

Kokuto:
I tripped and fell yesterday and jammed up my wrist and landed on my face.

liddi:
I had a fall last week too and ended up twisting my left foot badly, and my right one to a lesser degree.

HeadInTheClouds:
I had a few falls - happened while I'm doing my morning jog.

Do we need to start a new thread? 

Xiang Liu, I've Fallen For You

I hope you are all okay, tho. Thankfully nothing serious happened to any of you ❤️

nathsketch:

Ahhh hahahahah that's it!!

Damn, son.

Yes!  It even sounds kind of the same.  Tan Jian Ci and Tóng yán jù jī

Kokuto:

omy. take care. if the fall is really bad, might need to on it. 

What a treat to be waking up, checking this thread again and finding a parade of TJC cuteness + hotness =) 

@HeadInTheClouds : I love that stage performance  too,  the song and how in so short time TJC and that girl (forget her name) can produce such intense chemistry you see the air crackling between them. The poor other singer was left as the third wheel. I heard there were some bts dramas in this performance/variety show as well at that time.

@Kokuto and @Liddi: wish you both a speedy recovery! 

@Nathsketch: congratz for you XL doll. He is so adorable. 

And lastly ladies the theme song of TJC movie I Miss You, sung by Karen Mok. How sweet it is that they casted together in his first movie and now she sings his new movie theme song and gives him her support. Finger cross they’ll do duett of this song to promote the film. The movie is not my cup of tea, but for TJC I’ll watch everything ;-)

https://youtu.be/zD3wi9cz7lk?si=nlQxHKn-e6hbsNUM

@atmosphere

Have you been following this fandom war between YZ and DW? Do you have any insight that you could share? I've been reading a few things on the Vietnamese Facebook groups and it's a mess and a half. However, it seems to be a calculated mess instigated by his team and designed to achieve a particular goal/goals. 

If this is not an appropriate place to discuss, let me know and we'll take it to messages. I asked in the spirit of curiosity to learn more about the how these fan wars work.

HeadInTheClouds:

@atmosphere

Have you been following this fandom war between YZ and DW? Do you have any insight that you could share? I've been reading a few things on the Vietnamese Facebook groups and it's a mess and a half. However, it seems to be a calculated mess instigated by his team and designed to achieve a particular goal/goals. 

If this is not an appropriate place to discuss, let me know and we'll take it to messages. I asked in the spirit of curiosity to learn more about the how these fan wars work. 

I love me bit of gossip too. Can you pls tell more about what happened ?