We are performing scheduled database maintenance, which may cause temporary downtime. We appreciate your patience and apologize for any inconvenience.
 nathsketch:

Merry Christmas Elise! Hope you’re having a great day! Don’t let that mean drama bring you down  :D ❤️

Thanks!! It's day 2 of my post-drama depression and it's not getting any better. A Journey to Love, more like A Journey to the Afterlife! T_T

Hopefully, Love Has Fireworks comes out soon and we'll all enjoy it and have a good laugh :)

HeadInTheClouds:

Well, I am on break at the moment so I can work with that time difference. Once I'm back to work, it will be more difficult to get the time line up.

Heh! A+ for self-awareness :-)

How long will your break last?

By the way, I just added you on WhatsApp!

Elise:

Thanks!! It's day 2 of my post-drama depression and it's not getting any better. A Journey to Love, more like A Journey to the Afterlife! T_T

Hopefully, Love Has Fireworks comes out soon and we'll all enjoy it and have a good laugh :)

Goooorl, stop with that nonsense. We need to find something more balanced to watch.

Badgal1995:
For the ending, from what I understand

Oh damn, so they're all dead. I think Chu Yue died as well and is seeing Ruyi and Ning Yuangzhou's son in the afterlife :'( He's guiding her to meet up with the rest of the characters that died. One good thing about it is she'll finally reunite with Yu Shisan.

Yu Shisan is my favorite character too. I cried when he got blinded in the end and put on the blindfold. The one funny character that always made me laugh just gone.

I didn't even realize this existed.  But apparently there's a Community page on YouTube that WeTv actually uses.  There's a vote going on for their "Your Pick 2023 Channel Star" both male and female.  You can vote very day once through 12/31.  Both Tan Jian Ci and Yang Zi are on the list.

https://www.youtube.com/post/Ugk/xDydJuuRSLLH-H81CSnK8mLlVrV3-x0GE

HeadInTheClouds:

I haven't seen anything on Facebook, and his fans are usually super quick with those sorts of things. 

I would think all the fandoms would be quick with reposting those Season 2 trailers, too, but I haven't seen a thing.

Kokuto:

I didn't even realize this existed.  But apparently there's a Community page on YouTube that WeTv actually uses.  There's a vote going on for their "Your Pick 2023 Channel Star" both male and female.  You can vote very day once through 12/31.  Both Tan Jian Ci and Yang Zi are on the list.

Voted! 

But Xu Kai, tho? :/

nathsketch:

Voted! 

He's much more known than Tan Jian Ci, I think.  Plus, he just had Wonderland of Love out, as well as un upcoming modern drama with Yang Zi.

I can't believe that gap between Yang Zi and Zhao Lusi though. O_O

atmospheres:
In the past two years, his studio has put out two very comprehensive notices outlining in detail his expectations for how fans should behave in public spaces and what is acceptable and unacceptable. Since 2017, he has never once had to do this, but in the past two years he has had to put out two notices like that. The fandom needs to step back and do some reflection, their actions have put their own safety and his at risk, and their obsessive affection has sometimes become so toxic that they are damaging themselves and him. They are not at the level of some other extremely toxic monolithic fandoms like 紫米 or xfx, but they are really only about 2 years into a path of potentially becoming a major fandom so they really need to, as the saying goes, check themselves before they wreck themselves because ultimately it's their idol who pays the heaviest price and I do not want to see that happen to him especially when it's not something he actively chased after in the first place.

HeadInTheClouds:
recognize that xfx stands for Xiao Zhan's fandom, but who's the first one? I genuinely don't understand stanning and find the obsessive behaviour and unconditional/unthinking support baffling. Asian fandoms take things to the extreme, IMO. I just love some good celebrity gossip. It's unfortunate that because of the language barrier, I can't access much of the Chinese celebs' and fandom shenanigans because there is some crazy behaviour there:-)

What did his fans do that lead him to released those guidelines? I do enjoy TJC acting a lot and hope that his fandom will keep things sane for his sake.

nathsketch:

Are these Xiao Zhan's fandoms? Sorry, I know nothing of any of this stuff :s

紫米 or xfx

are Purple Rice (Yang Zi) and xfx (Xiao Zhan).

I'm not sure what prompted the first one ... there was an article that said he put out the policy after the government put out something about the toxic fandoms, but it could also have been prompted by something that he encountered, as I believe it came out after Under the Skin.

The recent notice, sometime when he was shooting Go East, IIRC,  was after his van was blocked and a few fans running up to the window.  I think some folks got excited when he rolled down the window and was  waving at the fans, though you'd think they'd understand that was just an acknowledgement of his fans and not an invitation.  I think alot of his fans, especially the long time fans, were aghast at that behavior.

I'm guilty of obsessive behavior and stanning, but it's of the armchair sort and nothing compared to the dedication of Chinese fans.  Plus, Tan is keeping me busy enough, I don't need to go looking for trouble with other fandoms.  Though, like you, I do enjoy some juicy celebrity gossip with my popcorn. ;p  Like that mess with Dylan and Dilraba fans.  LOL!

LMAO Kokuto be like let me see all hell break loose from the comfort of my Kokingdom  ahahahahahahahahaha

Honestly, the moment he rolled down the window, there was only one correct move, notice or no notice:

nathsketch:
LMAO Kokuto be like let me see all hell break loose from the comfort of my Kokingdom ahahahahahahahahaha

Honestly, the moment he rolled down the window, there was only one correct move, notice or no notice:

That's so crazy!  I guess that's what some fans were thinking ... or not thinking.  Seriously gals.  He's not Mo Qingcheng and you are not Gu Sheng.  Mauling him is not going to make him fall for you. ;p

LOL!  Yes, indeed.  The view is much better from my Kokingdom.

Kokuto:

He's much more known than Tan Jian Ci, I think.  Plus, he just had Wonderland of Love out, as well as un upcoming modern drama with Yang Zi.

I can't believe that gap between Yang Zi and Zhao Lusi though. O_O

nathsketch:

Voted! 

In term of domestic Chinese fanbase, I don't know who had more fans Xu Kai or TJC? TJC had gained a lot of domestic fan since LYF. His many prizes this year and data on ML of LMLMV implied that he draws a lot of attention in China. And TJC works in both acting and music industry, a multi-talented artist. However, Xu Kai and Zhao Lusi won the most popular actor and actress for oversea audience in Tencent award lately. And they are global ambassadors for WeTV. It means that they both had quite large support from international audience. I don't like Miss Zhao but I like Xu Kai, LOL. If you like flighting costume drama, I would recommend to watch Wonderland of Love. It has a whole episode of happy ending (not like many dramas with 5 minute happy plot by the end). His acting was good in this one (the best since Ancient Love Poetry which is prequel of The last Immortals with Zhao Lusi). In my opinion, ALP is way better than The Last Immortals in many aspects (plot, CGI, performance, acting. Although Zhou Dong Wu's beauty can't compar with Zhao Lusi, her acting was excellent)

@Kokudo: I only see the list for actor in your link but I don't see the vote for actress And do you know how the prize for “the most expected coming drama prize in Tencent awards was determined. How comes that “best choice ever with Yang zi and xukai surpassed LYF season 2? LYF S2 probably has a lot of reservation

Elise:

Oh damn, so they're all dead. I think Chu Yue died as well and is seeing Ruyi and Ning Yuangzhou's son in the afterlife :'( He's guiding her to meet up with the rest of the characters that died. One good thing about it is she'll finally reunite with Yu Shisan.

Yu Shisan is my favorite character too. I cried when he got blinded in the end and put on the blindfold. The one funny character that always made me laugh just gone.

I know right :((

Kokuto:

Damnn you don’t know how hard this vote was for me like Tan Jian Ci and Xu Kai, two favourite to the death of me literally. Not only I love Xu Kai in Wonderland of Love this year and he’s just one my favorite Chinese actor’s because even with some bad scripts my boo always manages to level up with his acting every drama I saw from him. Anyway I still vote for TJC because Xiang Liu was so memorable this year of course no one can take his place. That’s what help me decide which one of them my vote go to such an hassle haha  _’