We are performing scheduled database maintenance, which may cause temporary downtime. We appreciate your patience and apologize for any inconvenience.
 Johanna Linnea Karlsson:
I don't know if this fic has been recommended before, but it's very in character and captures XL and XY perfectly.
It's called A Flag of Surrender.

No, I don't think there have been many individual stories on AO3 recommended, so thank you!  I just posted a tag for LYF stories.  Will add it to the first pages.

It sounds like an interesting AU ... though I have a hard time imagining CX, of all people, being cool with marrying off XY.  Grandfather Daddy must have dragged him to the treaty table kicking and screaming.  lol

Kokuto:

No, I don't think there have been many individual stories on AO3 recommended, so thank you!  I just posted a tag for LYF stories.  Will add it to the first pages.

It sounds like an interesting AU ... though I have a hard time imagining CX, of all people, being cool with marrying off XY.  Grandfather Daddy must have dragged him to the treaty table kicking and screaming.  lol

It's so good, 2 chapters so far, about 1 chapter per week and I'm vibrating for more.
Read at own risk.
It's so terribly logical too, such an obvious route to have taken, which is why I guess the author didn't take it in the novel.
Once everyone knows who's daughter she is, she's the OBVIOUS bridge, as is Xiang Liu.
CX trapped himself by releasing her parental lineage.

Johanna Linnea Karlsson:

It's so good, 2 chapters so far, about 1 chapter per week and I'm vibrating for more.
Read at own risk.
It's so terribly logical too, such an obvious route to have taken, which is why I guess the author didn't take it in the novel.
Once everyone knows who's daughter she is, she's the OBVIOUS bridge, as is Xiang Liu.
CX trapped himself by releasing her parental lineage.

Oh wait ... I know this writer.  She did several  ... racy LYF stories last year. ;p

Well, I may have issues with the set up.  But I see they aren't talking about Chenrong.  Interesting.  Glancing at the first page, I see I was right.  CX is having hissy fit.  lol