I love the ending cuz everyone got a happy ending hye yeong loved jojo almost 4 years without anything..he was selfless always put everyone feeling first..he supported sun oh  from their childhood..i know makers actually gave us more sun oh jojo than hye yeong  x jojo .. that's also goes for yokjo who loved sunoh i love how at ending he tries to make up with her...

The HY×JJ ending isn't the problem here, poor execution of characters and writing a dull plot are the real issues. If you want me to explain it, I will but tonns of explanations have already been provided as to why people disliked the show, explanations that didn't even mention the issue of who should end up with whom. 

Khankhan1234  I totally agree with you. After season 1 , I was excited for season 2 but when I watched it, it made me hate all of the characters, including Kim Jojo. I didn't understand why they did those things ( and why Kim Jojo didn't even apologise). It was the whole new mature vibe which I tried to get used to in comparison to the  more lighthearted season 1. Yes, I am indeed upset about the ending couples but not to the point where I would completely hate on it. There are a myriad of factors more that contribute to me being disappointed after waiting for 2 years. I had high hopes, but i was brutally rebuffed. I totally respect the people who did enjoy it and that loved the ending, unfortunately I am not one of them :)

I hated it cause it felt forced. Clearly in season 1 she loved Sun Oh and did the stupid thing of letting him go even though there wasn't a good reason to. They both really liked each other and even at the end you could tell she did, it doesn't matter if people thought Hye Yeong was a better match for her cause that is not what the story was. Then in season 2 we are meant to believe that she ran from him in the nurses office cause she was scared of liking him and that if you force yourself to be around someone just to hide your true feelings that is was love all along. No, I don't buy it. If the writers really wanted to tell a story about moving on they need to do a better job. 

There would have needed to be a lot more scenes of her actually with Sun Oh and her getting over him genuinely and not running away and hiding. They showcase the misery that Sun Oh's mom is in by forcing herself to stay in a loveless relationship and yet try and pass off that if you just stick around long enough with someone you don't genuinely love maybe you can fake it? So since Sun Oh is going to try to like the other girl it will all work out.

JoJo's cousin also lacked any character development at all. What was the point of her looking for hearts and why did we focus on it when it amounted to nothing. A shallow character can remain shallow and never grow up, that's fine but then don't focus on a story where someone is supposed to learn something and never does.

I feel sorry for the actors, they tried their best with a lacking story.

It's all subjective. For me, I just wasn't convinced in Jojo's reasoning for leaving SunOh and choosing HyeYeong. The explanation she gave didn't add up with her own recollection of how things went down in Season 1.

She tells SunOh in Season 2 that her reason is; "when you first came to our school, all I could think about was HyeYeong." WHATTT? When he first came to their school, she was dating some other dude and didn't know HyeYeong existed until meeting him in the nurses office (At least that's what she says was the first time they met). If she truly liked HyeYeong before all that, coulda fooled me! I mean they even worked together and she didn't bat an eye in his direction.  

I'm all for growing up and maturing in love and making your own choice. But Jojo didn't really do any of that. Well to her credit, she tried to make her own choice by downloading the shield, but I don't believe it was because secretly all this time she was in love with HyeYeong.

Something was missing in this season 2 story telling, that I think made many people feel lost and unable to connect with the characters. I mean we literally had to have DukGo come back to life and explain it all to us in the last episode, because Jojo wasn't understanding it all herself along with the rest of us.

I'm just over here waiting here for Jojo's friend and Leather jacket guy, to show me their journal notes to each other, because I'd watch that instead.

Kdrama247:
She tells SunOh in Season 2 that her reason is; "when you first came to our school, all I could think about was HyeYeong." WHATTT? When he first came to their school, she was dating some other dude and didn't know HyeYeong existed until meeting him in the nurses office (At least that's what she says was the first time they met). If she truly liked HyeYeong before all that, coulda fooled me! I mean they even worked together and she didn't bat an eye in his direction.  

Lol you misunderstood that part!! She says "when you came to school" but she is referring to when he goes to her university and kisses her in the 2nd season. She means that normally she would be running from all the attention she got which is a thing she is scared of since season 1, but that all she could think in that moment was how hurt hyeyoung would be about it (since her classmates took videos of what happened) and that's why she ran to meet HY after that incident... and next time we see her she is waiting for HY at his front door.

MrHyde:
Lol you misunderstood that part!!

@MrHyde Man if I did misunderstand, then that just makes everything worse for me because, it means I've gotta go back and watch it again and I really don't want to do that. It's confusing because like the same situation happened in Season 1 the viral video and everything. 

I took it as their first encounter, which to me makes sense in this conversation, because he's pretty much asking her for the reason they broke up. He says how if Love alarm didn't exist, they'd still be together and he shouldn't have believed it when it stopped ringing for him. She talks about 'back then' I thought how hurt HyeYeong would have been, which is why I thought it was in reference to Season 1. I think I need to learn Korean now because I'm wondering if there's things lost in translation in this moment. Oh well. 

Thanks for sharing your interpretation. 

All I’m gonna say is, I did not wait two years for this ... lmao 

Kdrama247:
It's confusing because like the same situation happened in Season 1 the viral video and everything. 

Yeah it was confusing indeed. When I watched that scene at first I misunderstood it too but I rewound it to make sure, so I watched that scene a couple times and I'm sure that she meant the university situation because she says "when you came to my school" cause only she goes to that university, mean while they both went to the same high school. Also, she says "when the video went viral" but back in season one it wasn't a video, it was a picture. And also, she said "the old me would have...blah blah.....but now I could only think of Hye Young and how hurt he would be" which she means hurt by watching the video that went viral just now.

Kdrama247:
I think I need to learn Korean now because I'm wondering if there's things lost in translation in this moment. Oh well. 

LOL I know a tiny bit Korean since I lived there for a year, I'm not fluent by any means but sometimes I catch things that don't perfectly match the subtitles and I get annoyed thinking: "Woah... how many things I must have missed or misunderstood in my years of watching dramas..." lol

I think the problem lies in the fact that there is a major disconnect between the first and second season . We are left to fill in too many gaps. We didn't get to see how the relationships evolved to the point that they are. We didn't get to see and feel Jojo out grow her first love and  how Hyeyong become the love she needed. It feels sudden and confusing for Jojo to be that resolute while Sunho is still so hung up on her( esp because it seems he had some sort of feelings for his girlfriend).  Sunho and Hyeongs friendship break down was also just not addressed.  We didn't see the lead up to any of the relationship dynamics.  The show failed at driving and building  the narrative enough.

I think the show was loosely trying to convey the message that we all are in charge of our fates and that who you love is your choice regardless of what the app tells you. You have the agency to change your fate etc. 

Im not mad at Jojo and Hyeoyng getting  together. People change and grow. They seem to have stuff in common and understand each other (we didn't see how they got there).

Sayego 

Totally agree with your point... There were lot of undeveloped in characters ie. Sunoh's parent's, gok du , his brother , sudden good change in park gul mi and her mother's character ,yokjo , sunoh - hye yeong's friendship , sunoh jojo moving on from their first crush , hye yeong's relationship with his family . Every character was lonely inside..?? but every one is blaming Kim Jojo for mess up.. can't she move on with someone who loves her..i know sunoh was spoiled , Rich yet lonely kid as well as other too..but he had someone who truly loved him but he wasn't opened about his feelings toward her n finally he moved on..but that was also 'i am trying' scene .

Saygo :
I think the problem lies in the fact that there is a major disconnect between the first and second season .

Yes. I want to see how they continue from cliff-hanger. I want to know how they became couple. Why did they cut out the most interesting part!

Ahead:

Yes. I want to see how they continue from cliff-hanger. I want to know how they became couple. Why did they cut out the most interesting part!

I think it is because the 1st season didn't have much success (afaik that's why it took so long to renew and confirm a second season) so they got 6 episodes and no motivation (since 1st season didn't succeed why would the 2nd one) ... that's just my theory tho lol

MrHyde:

I think it is because the 1st season didn't have much success (afaik that's why it took so long to renew and confirm a second season) so they got 6 episodes and no motivation (since 1st season didn't succeed why would the 2nd one) ... that's just my theory tho lol

Yeah. True. It was just above average but the concept is what attracted me to watch. How is love alarm app going to affect people lives? The beautiful scenes and love alarm effects are pleasing to my eyes. :)

A very disappointing sequel to a great season 1 . I wouldn’t even watch it with all the negative reviews