I'm so excite for this drama!! The novel is one of  my all-time favorite C-novel and the male lead (Allen Ren) is a very capable actor too. I have never seen the female lead's drama but she's very beautiful and from what I gather through the comments from other websites, she's good too. I hope the story will follow the novel closely and not turned into some over-angsty drama. The novel is very aesthetic and satisfying to read so let's pray that the drama will do it justice, or maybe bring it to life even better than the novel. Although we all know that this drama will probably air in 2022/2023, I will eagerly wait for this to release.

One thing that I'm not too sure is about the sequel, which is the ancient themed one. In the novel, their ancient life is the prequel and was told intermittently throughout the novel. And let me tell you, their past life definitely does not end well. I'm not gonna be a major spoiler but I just hope that the writer and director know what they are doing by changing the story line and not ruin a perfect piece of art.

One last thing from me, the story male lead's name is not Zhou Sheng Chen, but Zhousheng Chen, with his given name being a one word Chen. His surname is said to be rare in the novel because it consists of two character: Zhousheng. And if you're a reader of the novel, I bet that htis name will stay in your heart and mind for a very long time because everything about this character is perfect, starting for his name down to his thoughts and actions. 

That's all what I have to say for now, I will be back after some other news and confirmation for the production team. Cheers!

Thank you for the info. I was very confused about the novel that inspired the two dramas. I have to read it, now! I have a feeling the second drama might not end well considering how a lot of Chinese dramas have tragic endings. But, I love the acting skills of the leads. So, I look forward to it.