Tiago Santos:

On the episode 4, when Ji An confronts Jung Chae-Ryung about having an affair with co-workers, she say that Chae-Ryung was in the conference room with Manager Park Dong Hoon? So, Manager Park betrayed his wife too?

I'm asking that cuz I don't know if it's an issue from my subs or it's for real   .-.

The subtitle saying "Manager Park Dong Hoon" was just a mistake. In that scene, after Jung Chae-Ryung comes out of the conference room, a man comes out--it is NOT Park Dong Hoon.

Just a wrong subtitle.

My favorite subtitle mistake: they meant to call someone a Country Bumpkin; what the subtitle said was Country Pumpkin!

On Episode 5, after Ji An kicks Dong Hoon's foot so that he wouldn't miss the stop, in the elevater Dong Hoon says “You kicked me awake like a master kicks his slave awake, right?”  where everyone else could hear his claim (unexpected from him). I really like this scene it makes me laugh, but still  I am not sure how he felt about it.

Maybe, he kind of liked it, what do you think?

I felt Park dong-Hoon loved lee ji-an more than she loved him .Anyone felt the same way?

There is no single word or physical intimacy from park dong-hoons side to Lee ji an.

When she tries to kiss him he was angry.When she shouts that he likes her ,he slaped her.
When she request for a hug he rejects her.

But i can see each time his eyes are searching for her office cabin to get a glimpse of her.
he intentionally goes to coffee place to pick a cool drink near her place to talk few words to her.
He was always acted protective towards her throghout the drama.Also i felt he showed little jealous and anger when his team mates talking about her in a romantic way for fun.

He wasnt even showed his emotions to his mother throughout the drama.Pak dong hoons mother also mentions that many times.But he got angry when he finds the person who beats Lee ji-an and looses his cool.I felt he just spent some time in super market to get a glimpse of Lee ji-an when she missed her train station.

he was always watched her leave with sad eyes.Surly he loved her.

Anyone can argue he was always nice to all the people around him including her.
But i wasnt sure why did he cried in last episode after she went far away .Is he missed her?
He rejected her when she asked for a hug once.But In climax he requested her for a handshake. what is the meaning of that?
This open ending is killing me. ANYONE FELT THE SAME?

Rose22, I'm an old guy (•https://mydramalist.com/profile/lesle), here's how I see it: 

The love Park Dong-hoon develops for Lee Ji-an is pure Human Love. Not physical, not sexual, not romantic, but simply the caring love of one human for another. Why? Basically, because that's just the kind of guy he is. 

Lee Ji-an has her shields up full, in the drama the only person she previously let into her life was Lee Kwang Il (Loan Shark), whose father she killed. That's a deeply convoluted, complex relationship, but at the same time one she holds onto as part of her shield from life.

Toward the end of the drama Ji-an, because of Dong-hoon it seems to me, begins ever-so-slightly to emerge from behind her shield.

Open Ending: Well, anything is possible. As other comments have pointed out, Dong-hoon's marriage is over, he and Ji-an are back in the same city, they know where each other are. 

Recall that toward the end of the last episode, in the cafe, amid the hubbub she hears his voice from afar and just turns and walks toward the voice.

And in the conversation they have Dong-hoon says to her about his new workplace, "come by sometime." And a bit later on Ji-an says, "I'll buy you a meal...I want to buy you something delicious, Mister." And then Ji-an says, "I'll call you."

They walk away from each other and have this inner monologue: He "Ji-an. Were you able to find some comfort for yourself? She "Yes." "Yes."

The Handshake: No deep symbolic meaning. Just two people glad to see each other, physically connecting, touching, holding on to each other, in an acceptable manner for the circumstances.

It's the words they say to each other that count!

It's an open ending fraught with possibilities and it's up to us to decide what we would like to happen. Myself, in a few years when Ji-an's a little older, yes I would like to see them get together. But that's a story for another day. You, others, may feel differently.

I very much recommend watching this kdrama more than once.

Rose22, welcome to MDL & stay safe out there!

lesle:
welcome

Thanks a lot for sharing ur views Iesle. Sure i will watch it again. When he called her each time as Kid, even i felt that he is just considering her as young kid who he cared due to her poor situation. I agree he is nice to every people around him. But i can see the difference between his care for others and ji an in many scenes.

he may not felt a romantic connection towards Ji an. But I feel she is more special to him than anyone else (Including his family ,Office mates and wife). 

He was angry when his junior talks bad about him and asked him to to tell sorry many times. But he forgive Ji an instantly even after he find out she betrayed him.

He always refused to drink with other people except his family. But he sit with Ji an an. He missed her and asked about her to bartender even when he goes to bar for the second time .

His highest fear in life is expose his sufferings and secrets to his family and society. But he decide to expose the truth about his wife to everyone just to protect Ji an.

I felt that his brothers also has the understanding that she is special to him. So that only they treated her nicely than any of his colleagues. Last scene Park and his brother was watching TV.

Park was sad and his brother asked about Ji an .That means his brother knows that he is missing her.I feel except this there is no meaning of that particular scene in climax episode.

Take care Iesle.(Please forgive for any grammatical mistakes. I am not that good in english )

You done good in saying what you want to say! Cheers!

Rose 22, as this drama was supposed to have fisical romance before people started to complain about it, I still think that there's a thin layer of romance underneath the clear friendship, care and healing.

What blows my mind is the fact that Dong Hoons wasn't obliged to anything. For exemple, to risk himself and confront the loanshark in order to help Ji An, why not call the police? That is what someone that is "concerned but has his own life" would do in order to not get fully involved. But he was, he was deeply involved into her problems. Of course that can be out of friendship but not only that, you really have to like a person to cross that line.

Also, when he slaps her,  she could have said a million things in order to get him out of his mind (bc she had a purpose - camera man), but she knew what would trigger him and saying "park dong hoon likes lee ji an" was what she chose. This particular scene I felt that was like: you know when a friend tells a secret that you're emberrased to admit in front of another friend and by instinct you cover her mouth to stop her from saying everything? His reation what kinda excatly the same for me. He was afraid of the truth and more afraid that someone would listen to it.

Even his wife noticed. She was jealous of something that she never had with him, she was never able to fully enter into his world and Ji An seemed to do it so easily. If it was friendship, she wouldn't be this jealous. I don't remeber her feeling jealous of PDH and Jung Hee, they adored each other as friends, but Lee Ji An is different.

For me, Jung Hee and Ki Hoon were the spectators of their involvement. Sang Hoon deep down knew but being the Superego, he was always trying to get DH on track saying that he should forgive his wife and forget about the girl, not really caring about DH feelings.

Anyways, I don't think PDH and LJA's relationship is that ordinary or black and white to say is this or that. I don't think that every love story begins with fisical attraction. Sometimes you will meet that person in a most chaotic place. Maybe you need to get your shit together before let the other person in.

And if you see, friendship for them is not enough, family seems out of place, lovers seems awkward. You can't say is a single thing because from my pov they were all of this together. And one good word that would englobe all of it is... soulmate.

And for me, seeing them as soulmates, I feel that they don't need to rush things once they reached a healthy place. They were playing cool, knowing that someday they would see each other and talk to each other as if they were never apart. Because they're kinda meant to be. And the promise of calling to by a meal, to visit his work place, is just a tiny fraction of their story that they're going to write onwards.

obs.: the handshake I also thought that was his first movement towards her, because he never asked for a physical contact before. And knowing that this drama has some hidden hints, I believe so.

And about DH liking JA more, I never thought about it...  for me can be because DH is an introspective guy, so when he goes out of his shell, can mean something 'more' because he never does anything out of ordinary. JA, I see her as an extrovert so she is that type of person that does/says what she wants and doesn't care. So, I always felt that they liked each other equaly but differently.

https://givemeslippers.wordpress.com/ a fansite if you want s2

As I write this, MDL has 1816 comments on My Mister. Many of them show deep insight.
And here's one external comment well worth reading:

https://www.blogpastor.net/2018/05/my-mistermy-ajusshi-a-review-and-reflection/

(As near as I can determine, the pastor is a Catholic priest in a retreat somewhere in Thailand.)

(2020-12-07 >> Or maybe Singapore.)

@ dongon thanks a lot for the well written and deep thoughts. 

"Soulmate" -Such a beautiful word to describe their relationship!

"He was afraid of the truth and more afraid that someone would listen to it"- Exactly my thought.

Thanks for the link.Take care.

@ lesle  

Thanks lesle! :)

I noticed one thing while watching this drama. Its so fascinating to see how Koreans use their mother tongue in everything, including phone messages, office documents  and even in excel software. 

Its not in the case of my country which has more than  19,500 mother tongues.22 main languages.

So we are using English as a connecting language. Its nice to see Koreans using their native language in everything.

lesle:

Here is one more review/essay on My Mister that I found today:

https://www.3quarksdaily.com/3quarksdaily/2020/07/the-beauty-of-sorrow-in-the-tv-masterpiece-my-mister.html

Thanks for the link lesle. I found this drama very late. But ,Really happy to see people still talking/reviewing./appreciating  this drama still in 2020.

Its very fascinating to see and realize  Human nature/feelings /Relationships /culture similarities are same around the world through this masterpiece.

In the last episode, why did you think Ki Hoon mentioned the movie "Nobody Knows" to Dong Hoon? Was he trying to tell him that kids are resilient and that his son will eventually come to terms with the divorce? 

I just started the show but I want to know one thing before I can continue.  Can I look forward to a friendship/relationship between Ji-an and Park Don-Hoon?