Made this discussion in case anyone is still hungover and attached to this drama like I am or is really confused about something. Just a chill place to discuss this masterpiece :)

Thank you so much for making this thread! My question: Why do you think JA never contacts DH to let him know how she's doing, even when she already transferred to Seoul?

Hello! haha loved this thread! I know the question wasn't for me but I will give an opinion about it >.< So, I think that's bc you remember their last scene at the bar and he said why she was going so far away, and she answered:  you said that you were going to live a happier life "without me", so by that you can't give your opinion about what I'm doing or was going to do next. So my guess is that she let it be... like: "if its meant to be then I will find him somehow, someday". 

I'd like to ask something too. 

Why did Dong Hoon broke down in his apartment alone that day? What's in his mind when he cried like that? i'm wondering.

I think DH crying was because he was finally taking the time to mourn the end of his old life. His kid and the kids mom were living separately, he had quit his job, everyone knew about what had happened, and the person he had come to care for had left. I think maybe he felt alone again and was trying to cope, hiding his feeling like he always did and then it just burst out of him. Finally.

As for why Ji An didn't contact DH, I think she would have gone to Jung Hee after sometime but she probably didn't want to contact him directly. 

Did Anyone notice in ep 15 around min 31 one of director asking the receptionist to take Dong Hoon's phone? Why he asked that? I thought he installed something, but then it never been explained until the final.

That scene was close up so i think it might be something important

i’m not sure how i feel about the ending where they changed ji an and made her dress completely differently i understand she wanted to change herself for the better but i don’t think she needed to change her style. just my opinion though 

I think that she didn't care that much about her style back then bc she was running and hiding and not caring about what she was going to wear... and dark clothes are very symbolical like dark clothes dark life... and I really liked her sense of style after haha bc they meant that she was more at peace, she was having friends and a very good job, she was now able to think about style and brighter clothes its a brighter life.

yeah I caught that too. They really closed up on that scene and I thought the director took the phone or did something to it thinking Ji An was still listening

Imvie:

Did Anyone notice in ep 15 around min 31 one of director asking the receptionist to take Dong Hoon's phone? Why he asked that? I thought he installed something, but then it never been explained until the final.

That scene was close up so i think it might be something important

sean:

yeah I caught that too. They really closed up on that scene and I thought the director took the phone or did something to it thinking Ji An was still listening

Maybe they cut the scene, because no time to input another problems and wrap it up in the final episode.. but if they do it, it wont matter to me.. i can stand 2 hours of final episode or they can add one more ep would be better..
I never get enough of my Ahjushi... haha

My questions:

1. Why did Dong Hoon‘s friend become a monk? I mean I can understand if he was frustrated by the world but leaving his beloved behind is... not okay?

2. Is Dong Hoon still married at the end? When he talked to his friend at the cafe I think he referred to her as his wife. 

Gulsan:

My questions:

1. Why did Dong Hoon‘s friend become a monk? I mean I can understand if he was frustrated by the world but leaving his beloved behind is... not okay?

2. Is Dong Hoon still married at the end? When he talked to his friend at the cafe I think he referred to her as his wife. 

1- "Gyeom-duk says that Dong-hoon broke sooner than he expected. He confesses that Dong-hoon is the biggest reason he became a monk, because he knew he’d never be more successful than Dong-hoon and yet he also knew life would cheat his friend." (http://www.dramabeans.com/2018/04/my-ajusshi-episode-11/)

2- He is not married anymore, korean natizens were saying that the english translation was wrong. He did not said "my wife" he said "my kid's mom", "ae-umma" in korean (they say that to refer to and ex-wife in a polite manner). 

Gulsan:

My questions:

1. I think you're looking for more of a story answer than an analogy but I just want to express my thoughts XD.  Dong Hoon's friend became a monk just like you said because of the build up of frustration. Also, all the high expectations and perfection people kept pushing on him gave him the quits, and he wanted his life to be different. In a way, I think he just wanted to run away from his responsibilities. Though of course, becoming a monk isn't quitting, but just restarting a new part of his life. I believe he was also depressed, which drove him as well. His depression exceeded love and family for him, that's how miserable he was, and also why some people commit suicide. Sometimes, even if you have people who love you, and big achievements, and a smooth sailing life, you still feel like shit, you still wish for something different, and it isn't anything physical that affects the decision, but rather purely mental, which is why it would've been hard for the director to film it. (And probably also lack of time)

2. From what I've seen from other's comments, they are more or less divorced, or at least have separated from each other's lives. Which is also why Dong Hoon is crying, because reality hit him hard. At least now he doesn't hold it in and pretend everything is okay, but expressing his emotions. 

@melondrx, @renatanl

Thank you for taking your time to answer my questions!

@melondrx Well, you caught me, I thought that I could have missed his story arc... Everyone of us, at some point question our lives. I suppose it should not be easy to make that kind of decision, but much much better than some other consequences, as you pointed out. Still I can’t help but pity Jung Hee :(

Do you guys think it would be a good idea to make a My Mister 2? 

Personally, I would love to see one, but I think it would be the best to leave it as it is, and let us soak in its original impact. But my heartu wanna see more... :"))