Hi everyone is there anyone in this site who enjoys metal music? As a fan of whole genre for 14 years i am open to any sub-genre even though metal scene has been kind of underground since 2015 or later. Actually i was a bit skeptical about nu metal when i was a teenager, but now I'm more open minded. Recently i have been interested in 1980s extreme/thrash death metal bands. How about you guys? Let's share our favorite metal songs and genres in this topic. My favorite sub genres are; Thrash > Death = Black > Doom > Industrial > others

What's your favorite sub-genre of metal and bands? 

Recently I'm obsessed with this song 

https://youtu.be/7PyvU9iSq50

Oh yes! Me! My fav sub-genres are melodic death and death, I also like some prog death and tech death, brutal death is not my type but I like couple of bands
Also a little bit of black (but it's mostly atmospheric black), industrial, gothic, sometimes doom too

Bands: Death, In Flames (mostly before 2000, but late stuff is nice too even if it's diffirent), Wintersun, Anaal Nathrakh, Type O Negative, Tiamat, Paradise Lost, Gojira, Metallica (before 1991), Edge Of Sanity, Aborted, Pantera, Oomph! (also mostly old stuff from 90s), The Dillinger Escape Plan (it's mathcore but still), Vulture Industries, Die Krupps... maybe more
I like some nu metal too (but not slipknot), reminds me of my childhood xD like limp bizkit, snot, deftones, korn...

Hello there - I suppose I could call myself that. I cannot particularly name one sub-genre or a specific band, I kinda collected what I discovered is a way heavier music than compared to most in a YT playlist (will try to link it).

Evil_Deed:

Oh yes! Me! My fav sub-genres are melodic death and death, I also like some prog death and tech death, brutal death is not my type but I like couple of bands
Also a little bit of black (but it's mostly atmospheric black), industrial, gothic, sometimes doom too

Bands: Death, In Flames (mostly before 2000, but late stuff is nice too even if it's diffirent), Wintersun, Anaal Nathrakh, Type O Negative, Tiamat, Paradise Lost, Gojira, Metallica (before 1991), Edge Of Sanity, Aborted, Pantera, Oomph! (also mostly old stuff from 90s), The Dillinger Escape Plan (it's mathcore but still), Vulture Industries, Die Krupps... maybe more
I like some nu metal too (but not slipknot), reminds me of my childhood xD like limp bizkit, snot, deftones, korn...

Hi thanks for your reply <3 nice bands you have got there :) our favorite bands are similar! I think Metallica's Black Album deserves more recognition and why you don't like Slipknot by the way? ^^

AnaTechWr:

Hello there - I suppose I could call myself that. I cannot particularly name one sub-genre or a specific band, I kinda collected what I discovered is a way heavier music than compared to most in a YT playlist (will try to link it).

Hi thanks for the reply <3 feel free to post your favorite metal song in this thread anytime ^^

Trust me, I keep trying to add a link but I keep getting an error: 

"Invalid linking permission. Your account is currently under review. "

...but I mean...it's not...

AnaTechWr:

Trust me, I keep trying to add a link but I keep getting an error: 

"Invalid linking permission. Your account is currently under review. "

...but I mean...it's not...

Have you tried the invisible button that is next to warning button? Or you could just copy paste the link of playlist but thanks i have seen your playlist and you have a great taste <3

What invisible button? if you mean the "insert link" one, I did - even just adding the link as is in the text. 

Oh well, I am sure I will get some more experience as the time passes, I am quite the n00b on mdl.

....and I just realized that the reason why stuff seems to not work on this website could also be my Adblocker.... huh...

AnaTechWr:

What invisible button? if you mean the "insert link" one, I did - even just adding the link as is in the text. 

Oh well, I am sure I will get some more experience as the time passes, I am quite the n00b on mdl.

yeah i was talking about Insert Link and I'm sorry it didn't work, also no worries! It's not your fault if this site doesn't accept YT playlist! And I'm a member of this site for a long time still haven't figure out how ths things work XD

I think I found some type of workaround - if I edit the post or the comment, I can insert links... it doesn't always work, but it's good enough for now.

Vargnatt:
Hi thanks for your reply <3 nice bands you have got there :) our favorite bands are similar! I think Metallica's Black Album deserves more recognition and why you don't like Slipknot by the way? ^^

Thanks for your topic <3 :D I love Black album too but I don't like everything after it (except some songs). Not like it's bad it's just diffirent
Mostly because 99% of their fans I've met were some kind of dumb elitist like slipknot is the heaviest band in the world and they're "not like the others" which pissed me off :'D and their songs for me just... I don't know, regular? Nothing really bad but also nothing I would like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Evil_Deed:

Thanks for your topic <3 :D I love Black album too but I don't like everything after it (except some songs). Not like it's bad it's just diffirent
Mostly because 99% of their fans I've met were some kind of dumb elitist like slipknot is the heaviest band in the world and they're "not like the others" which pissed me off :'D and their songs for me just... I don't know, regular? Nothing really bad but also nothing I would like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I agree Metallica went downhill after Black Album and St Anger album made things worse. I can't even stand songs in Load and Reload albums because they sound nothing like Metallica, it's either because they were getting old or just get bored. Also regarding Slipknot, aside of Corey Taylor being a pretentious elitist ruins their image and their fans are super edgy that makes me cringe xD i like Slipknot because their songs have the same feel with Pantera mixed with 90s Sepultura that they could be a 90s metal band easily. Those were pros and cons for me :] 

And you're welcome <3 I'm glad at least two people in MDL are into metal music because most of users in here like Asian pop or American pop/rap :D

Im a metalhead too, I love Metalcore mostly.

Welcome here, Fairiela! Any sub genre is okay as long as it's metal.

I'm also a metalhead.  Black> Death> Thrash and than the rest