I'm sorry I just have to say this, this was a funny drama, with good acting, but I'm extremely disappointed ... (there might be spoilers bellow)

How can we talk about attempted rape without a mention of psychological aftermath of the victim?

How can we talk about murderers being rehabilated without them showing any remorse regarding the act of murder itself?

How can we talk about criminals without a mention of morality?

What message is this drama trying to convey? That as long as one is successful it's ok to have anger issues? That there is no need for moral rehabilitation?  That it's ok to use violence and attempt to kill anyone who is in your way? That if you, as one person, judge that someone is bad, it's ok to use violence to try and kill them? That it's ok to try and kill someone if they are a threat to your wealth or your fame??

As audience, are we ok with lack of morality? are we ok with just focusing on the good, and forgetting the crimes they've committed? the lives they've destroyed? and the pain they've caused?

How can we talk about attempted rape without a mention of psychological aftermath of the victim?

We are never truly shown the attempted rape part, so we do not know how bad the situation was. Everyone reacts to rape differently than others. For example, not all frontline soldiers in the battlefield receive PTSD after. We cannot judge something that we haven't seen itself.

How can we talk about murderers being rehabilated without them showing any remorse regarding the act of murder itself?

If youre talking about Je Hyuk, it is not like he intended to murder the victim, he was pushing for self-defense and only hit the guy two times, which consequently left him braindead. However, if youre talking about the prisoners, Min Chul would count as evidence for remorse, since he could not see his family again.

This question is a bit confusing in itself. At what context of the show are you trying to convey here?

How can we talk about criminals without a mention of morality?

It's a prison bro, there are criminals who show morals and criminals who show that they have no morals. We have seen both sides of these.

What message is this drama trying to convey?

What the life of prisoners and guards are like inside the prison. What do the prisoners act like? What made them go into prison? Who is this person?

Not to be mean but I think youre just thinking WAYYY too deep into this\Like even deeper than the writers were thinking when they wrote this drama. The idea that they wrote about was how life in prison is like, Thats why we didnt see what happened to the prisoners AFTER they left prison, because this drama is not about that, its about how the criminals spent their time inside of the prison. The victims nor the morals are not there because thats not what this writer was going for. If they wanted the viewers to know about the victims then they can write an entire new drama setting that is based off of morals and the victims.

I agree with Regent. The drama's not about the victims - not the ones harmed by the convicts of wing 2, anyway.

Because, if you watch at the whole thing from a slightly different perspective, some of these convicts are victims themselves. Some have been betrayed, some are there despite being innocent, some are there for trivial crimes - come on, stealing a van with bread? What about the morals of those who are outside prison? 

In this sense, the drama has not forgotten morality - or better ethics - at all. Where's the morality of a large company who puts all the blame of its wrongdoings on a loyal man? Where's the morality of a senator's son who bullies and kills a comrade and then gets someone else be arrested instead? Where's the morality of an employer who underpays his workers and doesn't even insurance them? Who's worse, the con artist behind bars, or the warden who steals their little money abusing his power?

I seem to understand you're especially referring to the main character Je Hyuk when you say he doesn't show any remorse.  He ran after a potential rapist and during the ensuing scuffle hit him too hard. I don't think any brother would have so many regrets after basically defending their younger sister. Perhaps that's because I find rape the vilest crime out there, but I'm not sure I'd have so many remorses myself in a similar situation.

The same no matter what happens people react differently, depending on how strong a person is mentally and how fast they can heal... the after mash/consequences can differ from person to person.

I know at least 2 people that were in difficult situations... one was almost raped and the other was actually raped and they did not have any traumatic aftermath after... I don't say they were not affected, sad, or felt bad but they did not remain traumatized they healed fast. Some people are marked for life and some people find ways to cope... others somehow are not that marked.

In this drama, we don't know exactly what happened.

For the rest of the questions, I think the same thing as the other comments :) Generally, this drama is from the perspective of the inmates and not the victims, so I think they did not want to highlight the suffering of the victims that much, they preferred to show what is behind the bars more... even though it's obviously toned down... I don't think in reality inmates are cheerful and can have as much freedom as in this drama :))

I think this show was a pretty good representation of how prisons are based on my research. While studying architecture, my thesis topic was Juvenile Detention Center. For that, I did research on both, Juvies and Prisons. 

So basically, most crimes are circumstantial, not intentional. That means not all criminals are psychopaths out for everyone's blood. Murder and sexual offenses are the worst types, but murder can be circumstantial, mistake, or self-defense, whereas sexual crimes are always intentional. After that other crimes are of lower degree and may not always mean the person involved is evil or have no moral code.

As for the fun part, prisons get to interact a lot in jails, only difference being, they are in general separated by the severity of the crime to reduce conflicts. Most prisons will form or join a  group to survive in case things go sideways. They get to learn new skills and even get proper education including diplomas, PG, and master's.

What was lacking? 

1. They should have shown counselling sessions. Most prisons have one on one counselling sessions with a professional to improve their mental health, help them cope with life inside, and prepare for the outer world before they are released. 

2. Lack of sensitivity towards drug addiction. When a person goes in for drug possession, if they are addicted, they are moved to rehab first instead of putting them in a normal prison. 

3. Freedom to move out and about whenever they felt like it. While jails are interactive, they still have set time to let prisons out of their cells. Most of the time, they are not allowed to get out of their cells after sunset.

Lastly, I want to say Je Hyuk's control over the prison guards and employees but even I know that celebrities, politicians, and popular people have a lot more sway in prison. So, it was like accepting a bitter truth.