Trying to get my mum into asian dramas and she's willing but has requirements and I'm struggling a bit since I don't watch a whole lot of contemp romcom. I mostly watch Cdramas so cdrama reccs would be most appreciated but any are fine. 

Some requirements would be:

• Romcom (preferably contemporary since idk how much she'd like historical just yet)
  • Light and sweet but not airhead/cringe plot, so ig kinda mature in that sense
  • Competent/Strong FLs and/or female characters in general
  • Not a lot of steam ;-;
  • Fairly grounded plot. She's not really all that into sci-fi or fantasy plots

I think something along the lines of The Day of Becoming You or Begin Again might be her scene but I'm not too sure about the wacky premise from the former. 

And some beginner friendly reccs would be most appreciated (yes, I mean mostly less than 40 eps, haha)

Thanks in advance! 

How about...

• Meeting You (cdrama, no fantasy, modern day, FL is strong, there's no breakups or angst, it's sweet and light. The leads are young but mature, imo)
  • My Little Happiness (cdrama, no fantasy, modern day, strong FL, light and sweet, mature leads)
  • Soundtrack #1 (kdrama, modern day, no fantasy, it's only 4 eps so a really easy way to dip your toes into Asian dramas, long time friends to lovers, mature leads)
  • Dali and the Cocky Prince (I got my grandmother into kdramas with this one, haha. Kdrama, modern day, no fantasy, mature and strong FL, fun with a pinch of angst)
  • Horimiya (jdrama, short, modern day, no fantasy, the leads are young but mature for their age due to both having responsibilities, super supportive main couple with no breakups, sweet and light)

My mom really enjoyed The Girl Who Sees Scents , although it does have crime/mystery and fantasy elements, I'd say it's beginner-friendly as it was one of my first dramas as well!

recently i watch Hi Venus and i love it, the drama have healthy relationship between the lead couple

The ones which are coming to mind are more gentle romantic drama than comedy. Might she like something like Do You Like Brahms? It's slow and gentle, no big twists. Just older students who've returned to finish up music degrees, the insecurities of trying to make it in classical music and a supportive friendship which becomes a relationship. 16 episodes, on SBS's youtube.

Astrophile could be quite good for a beginner. Caveat -I'm only 1/3rd of the way through though so my opinion on this might change :) I'll come back to edit if it does.

Worth a mention IMO as it ticks all of your asks except comedy and I won't remember next week when I'm done. "Grounded plot" got my attention because the FL has a seemingly glamourous job but much of the time she's in very ordinary clothes dealing with life. They must have recognised the importance of grounding the character and it's a big reason why the story works IMO. It's gentle, heartfelt and interesting. 18 episodes, on GMMTV's youtube.

Put Your Head On My Shoulder - C romcom. Very  likeable young characters (the FL is about to graduate university), no real villains. This one always has me smiling.  Likely I'm older than your mother.