I'm in the mood for a dark gritty crime or law or action oriented drama, something with some mystery or intrigue or police procedural law and order kind of thing. But I'm looking for one that's female centric because I feel like so many of these revolve around lots of male characters. Bonus points for more than one prominent woman in the cast.

Example:

• Hyena
  • The Glory
  • Pyramid Game
  • Juvenile Justice
  • Good Partner (less on the dark and gritty side but it fits)

My Name - she is a pseudo police woman, it has action, kinda darkish? Great "evilish" male lead too.
Nobody Knows - less action, but dark and main lead is a police woman
Burning River - realllyyyyyyy good crime/thriller drama, female lead is police woman and leads the case, it is gritty and dark, though not per say extreme on action but it is a more fast thriller. Very similar to Nordic Noir.
Kesenai "Watashi": Fukushu no Rensa - female centric, darkish drama. It is similar to the Glory. though a bit more extreme in my opinion.

Actually this is one of the few requests where I'd say you will be more lucky with European/Western productions. They seem to focus more on these more action/dark, female focused miniseries. If you are interested I can recommend you Odwilz/The Thaw, Chestnut Man, Deadwind/Karppi, Bron/The Bridge, The Jetty,  or Tehran.
They are all focused on female police/secret agents with a dark, more on the action theme approach. 

Why Her? - She is a lawyer. Lots of mystery, some romance...

Lawless Lawyer - He is a lawyer bent on revenge, she is one that was suspended for striking a judge and the bad guy is not nice at all. This drama is still lead by a male but the women in it are neither stupid nor pushovers.

Nobody Knows (2020) - Smart female cop.

Miss & Mrs. Cops - Neither gritty nor mysterious but very female centric that raises good issues.

Reibai Tantei Jozuka Hisui - main character is female with special powers, who uses them to help police investigate murders.
Invert: Jozuka Hisui Toujoshu - sequel to the one above. Same FL and her female friend and asistent work on additional cases.Not competely female centered, but they are in main roles and both seasons are amazing.
Girl Gun Lady - fcp, action, survival... I didn't see it yet, but it looks interesting.
Borderless - fcp, investigation
Shiori to Shimiko no Kaiki Jikenbo - investigation, horror, comedy with 2 female leads.

Parallel World!