Totally with you on QUE SERA SERA, I mean that was definetley the best drama of all time for me!.. Acting was well put together and everything I have no words hehe.. Its my top drama on my list.
My other one will be I AM SAM AND CITY HALL.. I know City Hall is out there but no one really talks much about this drama.
musete wrote: que sera sera
on air
once upon time in saengchori
crazy for you
These i think are definitely hidden gems

Little Girl K
Evasive Inquiry Agency
Once Upon A Time In Saengchori
White Christmas
What's Up?
Me Too, Flower
Hidden gems: Eyes of Dawn Jejungwon Harvest Villa Someday (It's not a masterpiece but I think it's underrated.) K-Dramas I enjoyed but not my favorites: Bad Family Bicheonmu Before and After: Plastic Surgery Clinic Comrades Crazy for You Dr. Gang Emperor of The Sea Empress Chun Chu Hello, Mr. God H.I.T Mr Goodbye Sandglass Seo Dong Yo Seoul 1945 J-dramas: Sora kara furu ichioku no hoshi Rondo Ame to Yume no Ato ni Kou Kou Kyoushi 2003
So many interesting replies since I last visited this thread LOL! In case people wondered what I meant by Hidden Gem. I meant lesser known Dramas but can be recent; ones that not many people have seen or tend to overlook easily for various reasons.
God's Quiz series (3 seasons so far) hardly anyone has heard of it! I think the plot description puts people off but its SOOO good! One of the best medical crime solving dramas out there!
PrettyBrown_Eyes wrote: God's Quiz series (3 seasons so far) hardly anyone has heard of it! I think the plot description puts people off but its SOOO good! One of the best medical crime solving dramas out there!

Ah yeah I put that off so far as didn't seem that interesting & not my kind of thing. Maybe I should check it out again! :)
I find that since Jdramas get less attention than Kdramas these days, there are way more hidden gems because of it. Their posters/summaries are usually not as good either, but you have to get past that and watch the first episode to see how it really is. I can't count the amount of times I found a Jdrama I've never heard of before that ended up being really amazing and memorable ^^
-Tokki- wrote: I find that since Jdramas get less attention than Kdramas these days, there are way more hidden gems because of it. Their posters/summaries are usually not as good either, but you have to get past that and watch the first episode to see how it really is. I can't count the amount of times I found a Jdrama I've never heard of before that ended up being really amazing and memorable ^^

I definitely think JDramas are getting less attention these days. Usually I'm into mostly JDramas but even I've been bitten by the KDrama bug lately XD! Haven't watched a JDrama in eons!
Totally agree with you!
BurningBoiceM wrote: Mine would be "Stars falling from the sky". Its literally A-W-E-S-O-M-E

Totally agree!
I don't know if Orange Days (Jdrama) count as 'Hidden Gem'. To me it feels like a 'Hidden Gem' and it is a fantastic drama. Not a recent drama so it might get overlooked. This would be my choice for a 'hidden gem'. I LOVED it :)
The most recent Japanese drama I saw was Yankee-kun to Megane-chan. It is a true jem and it was an absolutely flawless drama!
winnie19 wrote: I don't know if Orange Days (Jdrama) count as 'Hidden Gem'. To me it feels like a 'Hidden Gem' and it is a fantastic drama. Not a recent drama so it might get overlooked.

This would be my choice for a 'hidden gem'. I LOVED it :)

Annnd I agree with that ! It is a simple yet complicated, sweet jdrama and if anyone can recommend me another drama like this one I'd be glad !