Hello everyone!

Ja Myung Go is one of my all time favourite dramas and I wanted to watch a drama that has a similar love story where the romance is not too cheesy but it's rather sad and passionate. Real. You know what I mean? I'm not a huge fan of those dramas where the main couple get together in the first half of the drama and then it's just the two of them being lovey dovey until the end. I prefer old school dramas where the couple get only at the end or the ending is a sad one. I also really love the movie The Butterfly Lovers that has the same tragic love (Romeo & Juliet style) vibes. Could you recommend me a drama/movie like these two? It doesn't matter if it's old. Even if it's not historical it's okay but what I'm searching for it's a well written love story.

Here is a list of some historical dramas I've watched by the way. Thank you!

The king's woman : The king forces the FL to abandon her lover and come live in the palace. Sad ending.

Que sera sera : A kind hearted poor girl falls in love with a gigolo type guy. Open ending

Cheap love: J-drama. I've not watched it yet but it might correspond to the complicated love you're looking for.