The recommendations are interesting 

I highly recommend The Phantom of The Opera the Musical 2011 

Love in Sadness seems to fit the description, except it may seem the female is submissive but it's just that her circumstances don't allow her to do what she wants with her freedom

The CDRAMA Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms....Evil Make lead definitely falls hard for the female lead 

Goodbye My Princess  would fit the description, the ML does some really messed of stuff to the FL but regardless he loves her. Its up to the viewer to decide whether hes an actual "bad guy." 

Just finished The Last Empress, sounds like the perfect example. The best part is the growth of the female character: she goes from meek and naive to fierce opponent. They both give as good as they get!

The Smile Has Left Your Eyes- ML is a bad guy and murder suspect who falls for kindhearted FL

Scholar Who Walks the Night- Gwi- evil vampire is obsessed with SFL 

The Great Seducer- bad boy falls for the girl he planned to seduce and then dump  

This mainly brings to mind "The Last Empress" (Korean drama). The emperor pretends to fall in love with and marries the female lead, Sunny, to protect his secret relationship with one of the female antagonists. Sunny has been a fan of the emperor's for years, but it doesn't take long for her to become aware of how immoral he and his family are. He eventually falls deeply in love with her, and while he's mostly sinister in the beginning, the emperor has a lot of cute, humorous scenes later in the series. Even so, he's still pretty unhinged, so he is indeed creepily obsessive/possessive. He's got an evil streak, but his biggest fault is being easily manipulated by the women in his life. He does die in the end (since you asked for spoilers); the ending is bittersweet but more positive/happy than not.

"The King's Woman" (Chinese drama) also fits the criteria. The emperor falls in love with the female lead, Sun Li, and she agrees to marry him in exchange for an antidote to save her lover's life. Sun Li is a competent fighter and she's headstrong, but she soon falls in love with the emperor as well. They have a good relationship for a while; because she's in love with him, she has something of a blind spot when it comes to some of his actions, but eventually she realizes just how vicious and cruel he can be. The ending is admittedly pretty hard to stomach, or at least it was for me. All of the protagonists die violently and the final scene is of the emperor grieving, remembering a childhood memory he and the two other main characters (Sun Li and her lover) had together. The emperor is extremely possessive of Sun Li, and he can be pretty heartless.

"Ashes of Love" (Chinese drama) - the female lead, Jin Mi, and the second son of the Heavenly Emperor fall in love... however, the male lead's soft-spoken, mild-mannered older brother, Run Yu, also falls in love with her. At the beginning of the drama, Run Yu is kind and unambitious, but as a result of numerous injustices and painful events, he becomes bitter and vindictive. His obsession with Jin Mi gradually becomes more intense over time and does everything he can to keep her with him. Although he eventually has to face the consequences of his actions, there's nothing to dread about this ending. He seems less inherently evil than the other two characters; rather, it seems he becomes temporarily blinded by his rage, resentment, and infatuation.

Siyah Beyaz Ask (Black and White Love) -  This is a Turkish drama and it has one of the best romances  I have ever seen! Highly recommended. The male lead is a sort of hitman who works for his uncle. He captures a doctor (female lead) and forces her to operate on someone. She overhears something she shouldn't have so the uncle orders the male lead to kill the doctor. He refuses to do so and marries her instead to protect her and to use her to protect his family from her brother who is a policeman. 

Very late but

Turkish drama:

Kara sevda: The villain falls in love with the female lead even before the series started. He frames her brother for murder and makes her marry him. Even to the end, he still is obsessed with her even after the divorce and even though his girlfriend is pregnant.

Korean drama:

Empress Ki: The emperor is weak as hell  but he falls HARD for the female lead and actually gets to keep her despite her having fallen in love with another man before. The only thing strong about the emperor is his throne and his love for the female lead who's honestly the most badass character

Big Man: The villain can't let go of his girl friend who's the female lead even after she falls in love with the male lead

A Man's Story: The villain is obsessed with his sister(incest vibes here) the only time he realy loses control is when his sister is involved and he completely breaks when she dies. Even when he runs off, he grabs his sister to escape with him and not his wife

Thai Drama:

Morrasoom Sawad: mafia falls hard for this innocent girl but misunderstanding abound and they separate. Included because he isn't a typical male lead and has mistresses and what not.

Asian:

• Doctor Prisoner | Not a central part of the story, but the antagonist is a bit obsessed with the FL. Though mostly because he's trying to use her for an ulterior motive. Antagonist 9/10 | FL 8/10 (she's not very central to the story, unfortunately, but she's strong nonetheless).
  • Possessed | evil guy doesn't love the FL, but he fears her. Therefore he becomes obsessed with destroying her. Full disclosure: this one goes really dark towards the second half of the show. The antagonist is a 10/10 in the scale of evil. Both leads die at the end getting rid of the antagonist. So a good, but bitter ending for sure.
  • Big Issue | The antagonist isn't in love with the FL, but he needs her and is obsessed with keeping her with him. FL is a badass 10/10, Antagonist 7/10 (since he's a white-collar antagonist).
  • Love in Sadness | The antagonist is OBSESSED with the FL and truly believes he loves her and cannot live without her. He's an abusive husband, though, who believes love is about control. FL has PTSD so that means she's sometimes paralyzed by fear (which though it's realistic, can get frustrating for some). FL 6/10 | Antagonist 10/10 (he steals the show, tbh).
  • Come and Hug Me | Antagonist doesn't love the FL, but he's obsessed with getting rid of her in order to "make his son strong". The son, of course, is the ML. FL 8/10, Antagonist 10/10.
  • Children of Nobody | The antagonist is interested in the FL (no love, though) because he believes she would understand him best. FL 8/10, Antagonist 10/10.
  • The Last Empress | Antagonist falls in love and becomes obsessed with the FL. The antagonist so happens to be the 2ML (or even ML, depending on how you look at it). FL starts weak but grows into her power and becomes a badass. FL 10/10, Antagonist 8/10. Both the ML and 2ML die at the end.
  • Let Me Introduce Her | The antagonist (FL's husband) is obsessed with her but abusive. FL 9/10, Antagonist 8/10.

Non-Asian:

• +1 to Jessica Jones season 1
  • You | You can find it on Netflix and it's really, really good. The premise: The first season follows the story of Joe Goldberg, a bookstore manager in New York, who upon meeting Guinevere Beck, an aspiring writer, becomes immediately infatuated with her. To feed his toxic obsession, he uses social media and other technology to track her presence and remove obstacles to their romance.

The Last Empress (ML is a really horrible, evil guy in the empire, he uses the FL as an alibi for his murder, stuff happens and he falls head over heels in love with her lol)

A recent rec that fits this thread to the T is a Pakistani drama on Netflix called Khaani:

Only the villain is actually the male lead, so he's the hero as well. But I saw him as the villain because he's pretty much the main antagonist of the series and never gets the h's love.

Basically, the premise is the h's twin brother gets into a altercation with the villain (rich spoiled son of a politician) and ends up dead. It's disturbing how the villain feels no remorse after killing a person over a petty argument. This is because he grew up in a family that never taught him right from wrong and gave him whatever his heart desired. Anyways, the h's family is devastated and initially pressed charges, resulting in the villain's arrest. But his family is powerful and they, alongside the villain, managed to coerce the h's family into signing "apology papers," indicating that they had forgiven the villain's deeds, thus dropping all charges.

Only during this whole process, the h was the only one with a backbone and refused to cower before the villain/his family's power. Initially sticking to her guns and refusing to sign the apology papers, she stood up to the villain a few times before he went over to their house to force them into signing. Their unpleasant encounters (the villain at one point even held a gun up to her forehead and she still wouldn't relent) eventually caused the villain to become curious/intrigued with the h, esp. after she told him that he may be free from the charges, but will be forever cursed by her, sister of the person he murdered. Her words really rang true as she herself became both the source of the villain's torment as well as his salvation.

I was only interested in the first 21 episodes (31 in total) as that was all about how he came to be obsessed (wasn't right away and it was awesome watching the "falling" process) and stalked/chased after the h like an unyielding, bulldozing tank. Seriously, once the villain realizes his feelings, he's batsh*t crazy obsessed and nothing can deter him from trying to make the h his. He does many crazy things: Stalks her everyday, whacking himself with a glass bottle so he'd have a legit reason to be near her at the hospital where she works, threatened to kill himself when he found out his disapproving parents tried to kill the h (would have gone through with it if the h died for real), and forcing her to get engaged with him.

Seriously, the villain's one of the most obsessed I've ever seen and it doesn't hurt that he's absolutely gorgeous and shares explosive chemistry with the h. All their scenes together are gold and I just couldn't get enough of the way he looks at her like he wants to devour her. The villain's actor is very skilled and I loved all of his facial expressions (his eyes really exude emotion), esp. when he's around the h. He seriously can't bear to be away from the h once he falls for her. It's been a long time since I've felt this way about a pairing.

Sadly, this drama is a tragedy and the villain ends up serving a life sentence due to him murdering the h's brother. The h also married someone else (didn't bother me because she never loved the villain and it'll be impossible for her to be with her brother's killer). I also didn't watch the last 10 episodes or so, because they strayed away from the romance and focused on the villain's redemption/seeking forgiveness for his past indiscretions. But the first 21 episodes is a must watch for anyone in the mood for a highly compelling "villain obsessively in love" storyline with hot hot chemistry btw the leads.
The drama's also got an amazing soundtrack.

Here are two mvs: One featuring the twisted romance and the other is the official ost mv:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kk2xXIJvlQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1Erx5Vbh5U

Now I want something else similar to the plot in the first 21 episodes as I'm suffering from withdrawal symptoms...

Jess4163:
Khaani:

ML got best actor award for this

Jess4163:
I was only interested in the first 21 episodes

i'm also