Hi everybody! I'm trying to find movies to watch when I'm really tired and can't really manage to get into a complicated and super fast-paced story. Any ideas? I really loved little forest (the remake) so I'd like to watch something similar, not necessarily with the same plot but with the same vibes.

I'm open to movies from any country but I'd particularly enjoy korean ones.

Please help me out!

thanks in advance :3 

Tokyo Story (and the rest of Ozu Yasujiro's movies)

Our Times

Our Little Sister

For "commercial" movies, Japan does quiet and relaxing better, IMHO. Koreans sometimes can't help adding an extra dose of melodrama in the third act; their quieter movies tend to be independent productions, art-housy types.

✔ Evergreen Love 

kura2ninja:

thank you for the recommandations! I already watched Canola and I loved it 

Haeju:

Tokyo Story (and the rest of Ozu Yasujiro's movies)

Our Times

Our Little Sister

thanks to u too! Out Times is one of my favorite films ever so I'll definitely add the others to my watch list 

Stevie70:

✔ Evergreen Love 

this one sounds great, thanks 

You can also try:

Adrift in Tokyo (two guys walking through Tokyo)

Departures (the synopsis suggests a heavy topic, but it's a very peaceful story)

After the Storm (another good movie from Koreeda)

all Japanese

Ebisuno92:

You can also try:

Adrift in Tokyo (two guys walking through Tokyo)

Departures (the synopsis suggests a heavy topic, but it's a very peaceful story)

After the Storm (another good movie from Koreeda)

all Japanese

I've just watched Wood Job (Japanese movie). Definitely a relaxing vibe

Finding Mr. Destiny. Has Gong Yoo. Enough said,

For relaxed and peaceful vibes I would definitely recommend the following; 

Postman To Heaven (2009) 

One of the best Romance movies made in a very long time, pacing of the film is perfect and the atmosphere gives you a very relaxed feeling. 

Summer Time Machine Blues (2005)

Similar vibe to Little Forest, you will definitely enjoy its peaceful narration and humor.

Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter... and Spring (2003)

This is a film where you just have to sit back and enjoy every minute of it, the directing combined with the cinematography will blow you away. The symbolism gives you a greater insight into the meaning of life, if that might be a theme that would interest you. 

My Love, My Bride (2014) 

Simple, lovely, sometimes funny it's just the right combination to make a Chill movie. 

Architecture 101 (2012)

The same as above, very chill romance vibes. 

Sunny (2011)

Definitely worth checking out, one of my favorites. 

I hope these will be to your liking, enjoy! :)

I love Wonderful Nightmare. It's funny and It has a beautiful message throughout the movie.

(It's a korean movie)