Any recommendations on the best, saddest tearjerkers? I'm looking for a full drama (not a movie or one episode special), probably from Korea or Japan, that seriously will make you sob cathartic-ly, not just get misty eyed. (Having a character with a terminal illness gets extra points.) Someone who just has a ton of sad/tough/frustrating life circumstances (like Autumn's Concerto or Shining Inheritance) isn't tearjerker-y enough for me. I have already seen: 1 Liter of Tears Sekai no Chuushin de, Ai wo Sakebu (Crying out love in the center of the world) Kamisama Mou Sukoshi Dake (God, Give Me More Time) Last Friends Scent of a Woman
Maybe you should try 49 Days
Well I don't really watch super sad drama(I don't have the patience) but here are some that really brought me to tears... Nice Guy Koizora
Korea: 49 Days Japan: Mioka and Taiyou no Uta - in both main girl have terminal disease I would also recommend you something from Taiwan - Silence (the main girl is mute and the man has a disease)
Definitely 49 Days, though most of the crying comes in the second half of the drama.
I haven't seen a ton of super sad dramas but Koizora was pretty sad. Also, Silence (Taiwanese drama) had me bawling my eyes out through multiple episodes. I've never cried so much while watching a drama! Ugh, still makes me really sad just thinking about it right now :-(
Can You Hear my Heart - I loved both the young (Kim Sae Ron, Seo Young Joo & Kang Chan Hee) and older actors (Nam Goong Min, Kim Jae Won & Hwang Jung Eum). It is 30 episodes with lots of heartache for multiple people. Cinderella's Sister - I couldn't believe that the female lead was Moon Geun Young since I had just watched her in Marry Me Mary/Mary Stayed Out all Night, two very different roles. I think this was more of tear-jerker as Eun Ju (Moon Geun Young) never seemed to get a break. I liked Autumn Concerto, which I thought was a tear-jerker too.
Well, it is chinese but Bu Bu Jing Xin http://mydramalist.com/chinese-drama/2969/startling-by-each-step
It is beautifully shot drama with complex characters and mighty interesting/addicting plot (from the first episode!) - it was the only reason I continued watching because it was so sad I cried eleven episodes straight, I ended up dehydrated and with one of the worst headaches of my life.
I agree that Bu Bu Jing Xin is a beautiful drama. I cried a lot watching it and even after. I also recommand : I'm Sorry I love you. It's kind of old now but it's definitly one of the saddest drama I've seen. If you are looking for a more recent drama, try watching The Innocent Man.
"missing you". it's was so sad but sometimes also funny :)
You should try Denchi ga Kireru Made it's pretty sad and it's got a few actors from 1 litre of tears in it too. I should also recommend Sorry I Love You and Koizora.
This makes my eyes so swollen : 1 litre of tears Koizora Stairway to heaven Autumn tale
I think 49 Days is really sad.
Definitely Can You Hear My Heart. I get emotional over a lot of shows, but this is one of those rare shows that have actually made me sob at times. Baker King also had a lot of those really sad moments where you felt really sad for the characters.