I recently finished Fight For My Way and Because This is My First Life and I loved the hell out of both of them. I've always been more of a c drama fan and find a lot of k dramas draggy and not to my taste but I really loved these and want to watch more like them. 

I hope to find some k dramas that fit this bill 

• chill/realistic/slice of lifeish setting (no supernatural)
  • Keep the melo to a minimum 
  • natural chemistry (no forced looking kisses or acting like 13 year olds in their first relationship when everyone's a grown adult)
  • slow-burn romance (friends first is a plus but not a necessity)
  • intelligent female lead
  • no birth secrets (that was the one minor negative I had with FFMW)
  • no noona romances
  • no they met as kids but didn't meet again until they're adults (to be clear I LOVE childhood friends tropes, just not when it's some secret that gets revealed later on in the story that's totally unnecessary)

I'm also a sucker for sentimental stuff that involves family, but I definitely still need some romance (like Reply 1988). I hope you guys can help me! 

• Misaeng - realistic slice of life drama, non cliche plot. though no romance. 
  • One spring night - realistic not slice fo life. Mellow tone but with less Melodrama. 

Maybe try Jdrama? 

• Stepmother and Daughter blues
  • Buzzer beat
  • Pretty proofreader
  • We got married as a job - totally feels like where because it's my first life got its inspiration
  • Amateur Lovers never give up 
  • long vacation

Oh, I totally understand what you mean. If you like Because This Is My First Life try:

My ID Is Gangnam Beauty 

Coffee Prince 

She Was Pretty 

Kdramalover203:

Oh, I totally understand what you mean. If you like Because This Is My First Life try:

My ID Is Gangnam Beauty 

Coffee Prince 

She Was Pretty 

Thank you! I had been hearing good things about My ID Is Gangnam Beauty, I'll start that next! :D

Czakhareina:
  • Misaeng - realistic slice of life drama, non cliche plot. though no romance. 
  • One spring night - realistic not slice fo life. Mellow tone but with less Melodrama. 

Maybe try Jdrama? 

• Stepmother and Daughter blues
  • Buzzer beat
  • Pretty proofreader
  • We got married as a job - totally feels like where because it's my first life got its inspiration
  • Amateur Lovers never give up 
  • long vacation

I've actually been wanting to get into J dramas, just didn't know where to start. Thank you for the recommendations!

looktothestars:

Thank you! I had been hearing good things about My ID Is Gangnam Beauty, I'll start that next! :D

You're welcome! My ID Is Gangnam Beauty is one of my favourite kdramas of all time!