Ex lovers/couples. They meet many years later. Now they are both in a relationship/married with another person. These ex-lovers/couple sparks their relationship once again. Or all these years they still love each other. Something similar to sad love song, or missing you, where they were forcely separated in the past.
mmmmmmmmmmmmm..............I know about two Japanese movie!

Bokura ga ita- kouhen http://mydramalist.com/japanese-movie/4338/bokura-ga-ita-kouhen
Bokura ga ita - zenpen http://mydramalist.com/japanese-movie/2023/bokura-ga-ita

hope u get more recs!
I was going to say Love Rain but you already watched it.

I've heard of this one Saikou no Rikon but I didn't watched it yet, but I think the plot matches your description.
I would suggest Winter Sonata - it's on your PTW. It's a classic but will have all the usual drama cliches. It was my first Kdrama and I loved it at the time.
Queen of Reversals (Bong Joon Soo x Baek Yeo Jin) :D

If you watch Taiwanese dramas then Autumn's Concerto should fit your taste, even if is full of cliches it's still enjoyable. There's also Hi! My sweetheart, is a lighter drama than Autumns Concerto, and also full of cliches, but quite nice to watch.

Can You Hear My Heart, is a really cute drama, but I'm not sure if it counts since they weren't exactly lovers but childhood friends (well the boy did have a big crush on her) and they weren't in any relationship per say... ¬¬

Operation Proposal, okay this one doesn't exactly fit the profile, because they are not physically separated, just the timing is reeeeeally bad. But she is marrying someone else even if she still likes him, and he's trying to get her back by changing the past, is a great story. I prefer the korean version, but you can also watch the original Proposal Daisakusen

Winter Sonata This is without a doubt a great fit, they loved each other deeply but because of a lot of set backs they part, and when they finally meet, he is dating her friend and she's about to get married! I'll be frank, I don't really like this drama, it feels like it takes too much turns, and is too slow, but a lot of people seem to like it, so maybe is worth a try
Just done watching these two. I enjoyed the characters. The story was okay. However it sure helped me open to more j-movies/dramas. This is my first japanese movie (if you dont count virgin snow)
shaz22 wrote: mmmmmmmmmmmmm..............I know about two Japanese movie!

Bokura ga ita- kouhen http://mydramalist.com/japanese-movie/4338/bokura-ga-ita-kouhen
Bokura ga ita - zenpen http://mydramalist.com/japanese-movie/2023/bokura-ga-ita

hope u get more recs!

Just done watching these two. I enjoyed the characters. The story was okay. However it sure helped me open to more j-movies/dramas. This is my first japanese movie (if you dont count virgin snow)
I totally forgot Winter Sonata was in my PTW list. The synposis sounds exactly what i am looking for. Thanks for all the recommendations
Kromesta wrote: I totally forgot Winter Sonata was in my PTW list. The synposis sounds exactly what i am looking for.
Thanks for all the recommendations

Give winter sonata a try. It is one of the main classics of Korean drama. It does require patience and will be frustrating at times but I still thought it was very romantic. It was my first Korean drama that had me hooked and back then I had more patience but now probably couldn't watch this type of drama again. It still remains one of my favorites.
Kromesta wrote: Just done watching these two. I enjoyed the characters. The story was okay. However it sure helped me open to more j-movies/dramas. This is my first japanese movie (if you dont count virgin snow)

Glad that u enjoyed them........I had few issues with the story arch too, but I watched them for Toma so............
You should try more Japanese movies and dramas, there are very good stuffs if u just step outside this boundary......:)
Phoenix - it fits exactly what you are looking for & is a good drama too
-winnie- wrote: Give winter sonata a try. It is one of the main classics of Korean drama. It does require patience and will be frustrating at times but I still thought it was very romantic. It was my first Korean drama that had me hooked and back then I had more patience but now probably couldn't watch this type of drama again. It still remains one of my favorites.

I agree we are more generous/forgiving with the first dramas we watch :)

I watched WS later and found it draggy if I had watched it earlier Im sure i would have loved it lol
_Rosie wrote: Phoenix - it fits exactly what you are looking for & is a good drama too

the synopsis is very interesting. i will give this drama a go. Plus i like the actress in lover's concerto
shaz22 wrote: Glad that u enjoyed them........I had few issues with the story arch too, but I watched them for Toma so............
You should try more Japanese movies and dramas, there are very good stuffs if u just step outside this boundary......:)
Sure feel free to name some good j dramas/movies. Doesn't have to be exactly what i am looking for.