Just curious if anybody here has a justification or if they found a meaning at that particular ending? I was super disappointed so i wanted someone who can see that ending in an optimistic way. 

Keen to know your thoughts. 

I still can’t figure it out either... I’m thinking the writers couldn’t decide how Feng Wu’s fate would be so they left it up to the audience’s interpretation? I hate these kinds of endings though- we watched her whole journey so that she could find the reason to why she came to this world in that body yet this wasn’t answered.

I'm pretty unsatisfied with how it ended too. I love the show so much but honestly there are many things that weren't explained very well. But what can we do. I can still rate it highly for how much I enjoyed it.

I'm curious about the ending of the novel, but it still wouldn't explain why everything ended so abruptly.

Now I have to find a way to read the novel ... the ending was so frustrating... maybe a second season ?? I hope for it...

well, the novel has 4257 chapters... so.... good luck reading it all! XD

https://www.novelupdates.com/series/godly-empress-doctor/

Being the over thinker that I am, the ending was just something that ran through my thoughts throughout my day (and the next day and the next...). How could someone who was used to cruelty throughout his life (Yu Ming Ye <3) would be able to express his love as deeply as he did in contrast to Feng Wu who sacrificed so much for the love of her family, friends, and special someone leave just like that? She knew her groom in on his way to her. What about her master who had unrequited love, how could he allow someone to suffer the same thing he did? It does not make sense to me. Is this inherent in Chinese dramas?