because it's so annoying. even when you put a Thai title, written in Thai script into the search bar and that drama isn't on here yet and the search results should be 0 - or similar Thai titles, instead you get a list of Korean dramas and Korean actors. it's ridiculous. I'm so annoyed by the MDL bias for Korean stuff at this point that I stopped watching anything Korean. just give me a filter, please! I need some time to reset. after all this is not South Korea's fault. 

0votes

Advance filters allow you to search by country so you don't have to see anything outside of your targeted country.

Aoi Community Manager

You can utilize the advanced search feature to filter out the country. The majority of MyDramaList's user base is particularly interested in Korean content, which is reflected in higher ratings. Could you provide an example of the keyword you are using?

the search thing was just an example for the level of ridiculousness, I'm aware of the filters for searches. I just found it especially ridiculous to get Korean results when I was searching for a Thai title written in Thai script

I'm talking about the entirety of MDL, I want a button that just filters Korean content from the whole entirety of MDL. and I know that's not going to happen, even if it was possible. and even if it was possible and very very simple. I just posted this on the off chance that I might not be the only one who feels this way and to vent. sorry for the confusion. I get that most people asking for things here haven't made the simple effort to have a look around first, I should've mentioned that I am not one of those.

edit: oh, I was searching for the drama: อาหารมื้อสุดท้ายก่อนโลกกลายเป็นทางด่วนอวกาศ
1st result: the Korean movie Break the Silence: The Movie ?‍♀️ <- that's a facepalm (why don't they work on here?)

Aoi Community Manager

I don't think the search handles the Thai language well when it's too long; it tends to prioritize returning the best-rated content instead. We don't have that ability yet, but it would be great to add it.

yeah, I thought so as well. the drama isn't on MDL yet either, I also tried the English title. I had some luck with Thai titles in the past so I thought it was worth a try, since the English titles can vary sometimes. and I get that there are limits, but how hard can it possibly be to detect a language and then give results from that country? it's so dumb, at least show me Thai dramas I might also be interested in. ugh... sorry, I'm still annoyed. and I'm most annoyed at the fact that I'm starting to hate Korean stuff now, even though it hasn't done anything worth hating to me. it's just that you cannot take a single step on this site without being bombarded by it.

Aoi Community Manager

Understandable; that's why we have a suggestions place. The search is not that smart, and MDL is not trying to bombard you with Korean content; it's just that the contents are more popular, when nothing is found.

I think there might be a little truth in both ;)

wasn't there a time where people had to actively fight for other countries to be included in the "Top Airing Shows" on the front page? or am I remembering that wrong... people have been asking for Vietnam to be added to the database for nearly 6 years now. nothing is happening, because nobody cares. but, either way, intentional or not, it's annoying. and that's the point.