I'm not sure of the technical challenges involved, but would it be possible to improve the efficiency of the "recommendations" algorithm? It currently recommends 8 Dramas I've already marked as dropped, and 2 I've marked as completed. Filtering out such results would be a useful addition to the function, I think.

10votes

We're working a new recommendation engine :)

Great news, thanks!

It's been 18 months since the last post in this thread, and having just checked my "personalised recommendations" I was staggered to see that they have indeed changed. 

They've gotten much, much WORSE. 

Eighteen months of diligently adding Dramas and movies watched, with my ratings and reviews, and now the recs are very much LESS relevant to me than in the 2-3 months after I joined. 

Not only are there fewer that I want to see (none at all on the first 3 pages), there are far more that I actively DON'T want to see. Back when I asked, it was recommending Dramas and movies I had either dropped or wasn't interested in, now it's recommending movies and Dramas from genres I actively dislike, without any suggestions at all that appeal.

To achieve such regression with an extra 18 months of data input is quite a remarkable achievement, but not one I can enthusiastically applaud.

I've saw the list of dramas recommended for me and found nothing I'm interesting in, but maybe that's personal. One thing that is more objective tho is that all the dramas were quite popular. Nothing with few viewers/underground. Maybe this should be based more on tags and genders and less on what other viewers who watched the same dramas as me also watch. (?) Just my 2 cents, I'm not an expert.