wrote: Im currently watching Skip Beat. I loved the anime, loved the manga, and the Thai drama follows it like almost perfectly.

wrote: lol That's not a Thai drama, that's a Taiwan drama.

And here I was trying to look for that lakorn. :)

That reminded me when I was in highschool some of my classmates thought Taiwan and Thailand were the same country.
They thought Taiwan was the english word and Thailand the French word for the country. It made me laugh at that time.
I've never seen a lakorn, but someone recommended that I should watch Duang Jai Akkanee, does anyone know where I can watch it besides youtube? It's on youtube, but there's a problem with some parts of the first episode being taken down, and I've tried to find where I can watch it, but I'm not having any luck.

It's very hard to find them streaming. I've only found them on YouTube and Vikki. I don't know about that drama, haven't seen it. :)

You might be able to find a download for it.
Sleepninja wrote:
It's very hard to find them streaming. I've only found them on YouTube and Vikki. I don't know about that drama, haven't seen it. :)

You might be able to find a download for it.

Yes, it trust its really hard to find them with eng sub, lakorn are not as famous as dramas. -_-
i have seen "game rai game ruk" (evil game love game), "tawan deard" (the boiling sun), "duang jai akkanee", "Sarm Noom Nuer Tong', "roy marn". i liked it all.
there are also some playlist of lakorn with eng sub on youtube.
Thai dramas- do they exist? lol, that was a funny question. But oh wells, it's always like this for first starters. For those who dont know, thai dramas are called lakorns over there. As a person growing up watching thai lakorns, even though I'm not thai myself, the lakorns tend to be a bit more violent and exaggerate of expressions. Like nangrai's(mean girls) screaming, following the popular praek(main guy) around, and doing things over the extent to get his attention. Or rather that the praek is using violence on nangek(main girl) or as a genre, a slap/kiss lakorn, which is knowingly very popular among people who watch thai lakorns. Me myself, enjoy watching dramatic dramas and lakorns, so I don't mind much. But I am glad that somewhat thai lakorns are spreading slowly to other people. :D Some lakorns that I watched and enjoy: Sawan Biang Jam Loey Rak Duang Jai Akkanee/ or pretty much the 4 huajai haeng koon kao series Hua Jai Sila I have watched too many to remember, but these are the highly popular lakorns that people always talk about. More information on thai lakorns? : Koo kwan? Koo kwans are co-star couples that are really popular among the fans. Examples such as Ken-Ann couples are KA, & Aum and aff, rome and rita, yaya and nadech (YADECH), MM tean(Mark and Mint), and the BARGIE Couple (Boy and Margie).
YAY! Another fan of Jam Loey Rak and Sawan Biang. :D

She didn't mean the question seriously. She was just making a joke. XD She knew they existed and wanted some information on them.
When I find the time I need to start another lakorn.....haha. I'm thinking Jam Loey Rak :p
Crazy4You wrote: When I find the time I need to start another lakorn.....haha. I'm thinking Jam Loey Rak :p

That was my first lakorn. :D Lot's of drama, you will go through the whole spectrum of emotions. Aum and Aff have some crazy chemistry. Especially considering the events in that drama.

I would also recommend Sao Chai Hi-Tech.
Sleepninja wrote: That was my first lakorn. :D Lot's of drama, you will go through the whole spectrum of emotions. Aum and Aff have some crazy chemistry. Especially considering the events in that drama.

I would also recommend Sao Chai Hi-Tech.

I like dramas like that though haha. They drive me crazy but the deeper the story the more involved I get :p And chemistry is always an excellent thing to have!

And that's the one you're watching right now right?
Crazy4You wrote: I like dramas like that though haha. They drive me crazy but the deeper the story the more involved I get :p And chemistry is always an excellent thing to have!

And that's the one you're watching right now right?

Right now I'm watching Sao Chai Hi-Tech.

I dramathoned JLR and finished it in 2 days (including the time I spent away at work) Which is quite a feat considering how long lakorn episodes can be. lol There was not much sleeping going on...
Sleepninja wrote: Right now I'm watching Sao Chai Hi-Tech.

I dramathoned JLR and finished it in 2 days (including the time I spent away at work) Which is quite a feat considering how long lakorn episodes can be. lol There was not much sleeping going on...

Haha wow yeah that is quite a feat. I'm thinking already I'm going to get really into it so I definitely think I'll start it soon (:
Crazy4You wrote: Haha wow yeah that is quite a feat. I'm thinking already I'm going to get really into it so I definitely think I'll start it soon (:

I hope you enjoy it. A few others have watched it and didn't like it, but they also mentioned to me that lakorn weren't their cup of tea in general.
Sleepninja wrote: I hope you enjoy it. A few others have watched it and didn't like it, but they also mentioned to me that lakorn weren't their cup of tea in general.

I think in general we both have similar tastes so if you really liked it I'm sure I'll probably like it. And I like lakorn. Haha. So now it makes me want to check it out and start it right now. But I have 5 episodes left of FTLY yet
Crazy4You wrote: I think in general we both have similar tastes so if you really liked it I'm sure I'll probably like it. And I like lakorn. Haha. So now it makes me want to check it out and start it right now. But I have 5 episodes left of FTLY yet

We do tend to like the same dramas. :)