Sektor:

That's true and I noticed that Tharn becomes less aggressive and pushy after that. They do add some subtle details but maybe some people get lost in the main action and don't notice the body language.  

The actors seem to have gotten more comfortable with each other after the first 3-4 episodes and got more " in character " though there's still some parts where it could've been better ( more emotions etc) but that comes with experience I guess! 

I'm always trying to pay attention to the little details! 

I love to pay attention to little details and body language, I do the same with MewGulf, I have to admit XD!!!

I don't know about you, but this is the first BL where I've felt so many emotions, even in just a single episode and with only one couple, and the details!!!! I love when Type went to confront Tar, he was wearing Tharn's t-shirt, or after the first time they had sex, Type also end up wearing Tharn's shirt, or the t-shirt that says "Think outside the box" that Type was wearing when he caught Tar and Tharn together in the room, and I'm only talking about the details in the clothes!!!

For me, putting too many couples in one show ruins the whole narrative of the story. In LBC, at first AePete appeared as main leads...that was fine but then TinCan came along around ep 08 and totally grabbed my attention. I found myself looking forward to them more than AePete. Don't get me wrong I love both couples but when you get engrossed into one couple's love line the other couples feel intrusive. Thats why I was forwarding most of KlaNo and TumTar scenes in LBC. 

This the beauty of TharnType, no other couple to take away the attention and you can immerse yourself entirely into our main couples story. Maybe thats why we noticed so many little things that said so much about their characters and their relationship. 

I don't know why but every time Type wore Tharn's clothes, I felt like Type was feeling insecure. This was all so new and scary to Type.....wearing Tharn's clothes was bringing him comfort and making him feel close to Tharn...I mean he even wore his shorts....

I only watched Until we meet again at the point when I started watching TharnType and I put UWMA on hold for a while. Now I'm also watching LBC I'm at ep 9. 

I agree though, even with my limited knowledge and history with this kind if movies, TharnType was the best in terms of how it captures the viewer.

I wonder if there's any other series similar in those terms? Maybe those of you who have extensive knowledge could recommend something?

Sektor:

I only watched Until we meet again at the point when I started watching TharnType and I put UWMA on hold for a while. Now I'm also watching LBC I'm at ep 9. 

I agree though, even with my limited knowledge and history with this kind if movies, TharnType was the best in terms of how it captures the viewer.

I wonder if there's any other series similar in those terms? Maybe those of you who have extensive knowledge could recommend something? 

UWMA is still on hold for me, I mean, I'm not even excited to start watching it again, first time I'm saying this of a thai BL series, WinTeam was my main reason to watch it, but they got even less screentime than TinCan in LBC.

Hmmmmm, capturing the viewer(besides TharnType)... well, I think maybe Project S: SPIKE! and LBC, maybe The Lover also, I was so in love of Takuya and Joon Jae!!! Considering they don't have much screentime, I was so invested in them!!!

I'll look those up! Thanks!

I liked most of the Project S series....except maybe the fourth one. I loved how they took a sport and build the story and the characters around it. The sport remains equally important as the characters to the plot of story.

Project S Spike is my favorite. Good acting, story, character development and no unnecessary scenes. I also liked Project S Side by Side and the skating one, Skate our Souls. Great acting all around.  Its not proper bl but when you watch them you feel the undertones between all the main guys. And after a while it doesn't matter anymore whether its bl or not coz you get involved in the story and the characters. Also its shot very well. Some scenes are really very beautiful to watch.

Dee100's reading of the timeline and observations of what happens when and who knows whom   (plus analysis of body language etc) strike me as as very accurate and very perceptive. I watched the whole of LBC and loved it. Sure, there were minor inconsistencies, but the characters were engaging, the love stories were moving and romantic and amusing.  I felt very gripped and entertained. And TharnType has added to the earier LBC universe in a helpful way, I feel - it's as though I really have had a glimpse into the background of a couple only lightly touched upon in the earlier series. Of course, this series, TharnType, turned out to be so much more than that - it was outstanding and in so many respects it raises the bar, as others have pointed out. And that includes the tragic, heartbreaking story of the villain Lhong. Anyway, I liked the way they did the "3 years later" scene, showing us a few of our fondly remembered LBC characters on screen, seemingly in conversation with Tharn and Type as we (now) know and love them.

Having seen the entire LBC series now, I can agree with the above. I'm wondering what they will do with LBC2. No idea when that's coming out, but I'll keep an eye out for any announcements. 

It's great to have some new insights from other people who clearly know more about the story than I do! Thank you all for being part of this discussion!

Only half of the LBC  book was used in LBC series. LBC2 will use the rest and finish the story. 

LBC 2 SPOILERS BELOW.......Don't read if you don't want to know.

Most of it is TinCan story line. Can starts missing Tin after they broke up. Can keeps going to find Tin but Tin begins to avoid him. After Can lost his final match and was very upset, Tin went to comfort him. Can begged Tin to make him forget his loss by having sex. They came out to their friends soon after coz Can got jealous when his sister kept pushing Tin and Pete together. Tin's brother tries to create trouble between them but Can goes and beats him up for hurting Tin. Tin's dad gives his approval after he gets scolded by Can.

Pete's dad finds out about Ae and Pete and forces them to break up. AePete are separated for 3 years and after Pete comes back they get back together.

Wow.. that's very intense and dramatic. I didn't expect the story to take such an extreme turn of events. To be honest, I don't mind spoilers, I'm more interested in how the story will be played out in the series, the character interaction etc. There's so much more to a movie than just knowing how it ends. But I get it why some people don't like spoilers!

Thank you for posting this though, I'm definitely looking forward to S2, it sure seems promising!

I love spoilers too. That's how I know so much about TharnType without reading the books.

These are bare bones kind of spoilers. There's also more to what happens with AePete. Typical bl storyline... girls in bl are always bad news. So yes second season is going to be more dramatic and heartbreaking. And yes definitely good character growth for both Tin and Can.

I wish I could read the books! Do you know when they release S2? 

Hopefully it's not a sad ending or at least not too sad...

The girl is TharnType wasnt bad, she pretty much pushed Type to admit his feelings and tell Tharn how he really feels about him. But I don't know how it is in other series..

No doubt, very different from reality hehe

Yes, puifai, the poor girl got unnecessary hate from the viewers. I wish other shows follow this trend. Not all girls are that crazy to go after someone who doesn't want them.

I don't know why bl shows use this formula to bring conflict between the guys. 

It's quite unrealistic but it's an easy way to give the whole plot the dramatic factor.  It would be cool to see some more elaborate plot twists, the TharnType one was good but they gave away too much beforehand with Lhong's reaction etc. I was kind of expecting that he was up to no good but just didn't know to what extent.