Ahead:

I see why are people disappointed. It is not because the story isn't interesting at all. It is because they are only focus on main casts. They are looking individual cast and not as whole. So, get disappointed by not getting what you expect from each cast.

Therefore, I hope you all look casts and story as whole. Then, you might start to like unless it isn't your taste. That's my opinions because there are stories that I can't understand why others like although I understand the story well. From that point on, I see that people can have totally difference taste from you. It is obvious but people sometime forget about that or can't see it.

e.g. These are low rating for me:

parasite, Kill me Heal me, Architecture 101

Count me in on Parasite. Overall loved the movie but didn't get what all the hype was about?

When my friends who don't even know that kdramaworld exist was being like" hey did you see this. It's a great movie."

I was like Duh but still I wanted to slap them for over-exaggerating it.

Hanzi:
I was like Duh but still I wanted to slap them for over-exaggerating it.

@Hanzi

Exactly! HAHAHAHA

Ahead:

I see why are people disappointed. It is not because the story isn't interesting at all. It is because they are only focus on main casts. They are looking individual cast and not as whole. So, get disappointed by not getting what you expect from each cast.

Therefore, I hope you all look casts and story as whole. Then, you might start to like unless it isn't your taste. That's my opinions because there are stories that I can't understand why others like although I understand the story well. From that point on, I see that people can have totally difference taste from you. It is obvious but people sometime forget about that or can't see it.

e.g. These are low rating for me:

parasite, Kill me Heal me, Architecture 101

I’m pretty sure people aren’t disappointed, because the story is focusing on the main cast.

People are disappointed, because it’s a great plot, but the EXECUTION of it is horrible. The pacing is slow, and the writer spends more time making the characters get fried chicken and beer, and get into pointless fights with gangsters than the interesting parts of the story (like the murders and the doppelgängers).

The romance between Lee Gon and Tae Eul is also flat. There’s nothing exciting about it. I’m not sure if the actors don’t have chemistry or if the writing was just bad, but it’s so disappointing. The fact that Lee Gon was ready to make her his queen after 3 or 4 episodes despite not knowing anything about her was jarring. Their first kiss in his room was also underwhelming, and when Tae Eul suddenly told Lee Gon she loved him in later episodes, I was shocked. How??? Their relationship seems very forced. There’s nothing natural or compelling about. 

(This isn’t meant to be any sort of attack, I’m just a straight forward person.)

se0ulmate:
I’m pretty sure people aren’t disappointed, because the story is focusing on the main cast.

People are disappointed, because it’s a great plot, but the EXECUTION of it is horrible. The pacing is slow, and the writer spends more time making the characters get fried chicken and beer, and get into pointless fights with gangsters than the interesting parts of the story (like the murders and the doppelgängers).

The romance between Lee Gon and Tae Eul is also flat. There’s nothing exciting about it. I’m not sure if the actors don’t have chemistry or if the writing was just bad, but it’s so disappointing. The fact that Lee Gon was ready to make her his queen after 3 or 4 episodes despite not knowing anything about her was jarring. Their first kiss in his room was also underwhelming, and when Tae Eul suddenly told Lee Gon she loved him in later episodes, I was shocked. How??? Their relationship seems very forced. There’s nothing natural or compelling about.

(This isn’t meant to be any sort of attack, I’m just a straight forward person.)

"I never said that people are disappointed because story focus on main casts. What I said/mean is that people are focusing on individuals casts and not as a whole. Relationship development and characters side story are done on the chicken and beer, crime events and gangsters. "

Police officer/detective and King romance is totally gonna differences from normal history drama. The events can cause damage to two worlds. Get in a King position and think about it. Do you think he needs to do steps by steps like ordinary kdrama couple to hit on JTE? Lovey dovey, looking each other eyes from far, hiding from each other, bicker, helping with her work/dream. He could do everything in one word because he is a king. He is a very powerful king in modern world. .... Get in JTE position and think too. .....(I am not gonna explain. Everyone can think as they like.)

I am not gonna argue with romance stuffs. Everyone has difference taste and see differently when it comes to love or romance. That's a never ending debate so I won't bother about that anymore.

Try scanning again each episodes quickly. You will find that there are only few unnecessary parts.

Join this to understand story as a whole better. Well, if you understand and don't like it, then, this show isn't for you. You shouldn't argue just because others people don't like what you like. Don't forget that all people are difference and they could have difference taste then yours. 

"Sometime it is better to lose than winning"

(This isn’t meant to be any sort of attack, I’m just a straight forward person.) <<me too.

https://mydramalist.com/discussions/the-king-the-eternal-monarch/48691-the-king-eternal-monarch-confusing-things-discussion

Half the stuff in that thread you linked is speculation... I don't have a problem speculating on things but there are 4 episodes left and nothing concrete has been given to the viewer. That is a failure. The show has failed. The writers have failed. The directors have failed. There's no getting around this.

I appreciate that people like to speculate on things but I have no faith in their ability to explain anything given how things have gone so far.

At least the romance is amusing to watch. The end of ep 11 had me laughing like with the foggy catwalk scenes in Goblin ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Knavery:

Half the stuff in that thread you linked is speculation... I don't have a problem speculating on things but there are 4 episodes left and nothing concrete has been given to the viewer. That is a failure. The show has failed. The writers have failed. The directors have failed. There's no getting around this.

I appreciate that people like to speculate on things but I have no faith in their ability to explain anything given how things have gone so far.

Agreed.

"I see why are people disappointed. It is not because the story isn't interesting at all. It is because they are only focus on main casts. They are looking individual cast and not as whole. So, get disappointed by not getting what you expect from each cast."

I'm not sure if this is because of a language barrier, but anyone reading your comment would think that you said people are disappointed because the story is focusing on the main cast.

That's exactly what you wrote.

Did you mean to say CASE??

Ahead:
Police officer/detective and King romance is totally gonna differences from normal history drama. The events can cause damage to two worlds.

Exactly...so don't you think the viewer should be seeing MORE of the case then? There were so many episodes where only a little bit of time was spent on the case, and then the rest was spent on side stuff like the fried chicken and beer, and fighting the gangsters. 

This drama presented itself as an action fantasy, but aside from the first episode there was very little action up until recently, and we're almost at the end of the drama.

Ahead:
Do you think he needs to do steps by steps like ordinary kdrama couple to hit on JTE?

Even if they don't do things step by step, as the viewer the writer should still show me the NATURAL PROGRESSION of the relationship. That's standard story-telling that basic writers know how to do. But there was no natural progression. The King was pretty much already in love with her since episode 2 or 3.

Ahead:
You shouldn't argue just because others people don't like what you like. Don't forget that all people are difference and they could have difference taste then yours. 

Lastly, I'm not arguing with you. Just because someone disagrees with you it doesn't mean it's an argument. This is a discussion thread.

i agree at this point im watching for dohwan

Jade_2122:

i agree at this point im watching for dohwan 

Agree hes carrying the show imo