No chemistry between the main leads. It would have been better If she just ended up with GSJ
And from the teaser, I was deceived big time cause it gave me Goblin feels and I jumped into the show with the wrong mindset which was wrong of me but still, I am disappointed big time by the show.
Although not a big fan of LMH but still love him(Loved him in TLOTBS, city hunter, and personal taste) but in this show, nothing so far to impress me just a moody King(I don't like the character)Still love him but not a great comeback. I was excited for Lee Mi No's comeback but disappointed by the drama, chemistry, and his character (I find it bland). Although the character is being played well by LMH. It's just that the character is not that interesting. But still, he is charismatic in portraying the king. You can give him that.
Now the only few good things that this show has
Our one and only WDH(His characters and acting is just Daebak)Also the acting of JEC is great. So love them both.
2nd Osts from the show
And last but not least the encounters between LMH and Head Court lady, which are more cute and sweet than the romance between the leads.
Your opinion can be opposite to mine but this is just my opinion
Oh forgot something flashy sportscars for me in the background. (adding it to the list of good things)

Answer to your title: Absolutely not, LOL. Just read the 'vibrant' comment section of this drama page especially on the day of the episode airing.

I was fine up until episodes 9 and 10. If I watch episode 11 and it's similar to those last two, it's an easy drop and thumbs down on Netflix.

im very disappointed

im only watching it right now for woo do hwan and kim kyung nam  and theirs characters 

I do agree that the main leads don't  have that much of chemistry, everything happened pretty fast between them and it is uncomfortable to watch at this point. Captain Jo Young and Jo Eun Sub are the best thing that happened to the drama, Woo Do Hwan does an excellent job by playing those 2 characters who are personality wise pretty different. Of course all of the actors did an excellent job but he's the one who specially marked me the most.Lee Minho is okay, nothing too spectacular, Kim Go Eun is great as always. I believe that if it was more of a slow burn romance between the main leads, it would've been more interesting to watch the drama.

I hope in the up coming episodes there will be more interesting turns, at this point, I don't expect anything from the main leads. I'm just going to watch it for the other characters lmao. 

I guess it's the expectation vs reality thing. You expected too much, then BAM!!!! No one expected that  Maximus was the main lead, I thought it's LMH, lmaoooo. Kidding aside, I think the drama is lacking dynamics  and so many plot holes  that needs explanation, but instead shoving us with nonsensical loveline. 

Haven't watched any of WDH's drama before, but he's doing a really good job portraying 2 different characters here. For KKN, I say his part of the story is the most interesting here (aside from the little boy, who I think is the Cheshire Cat here) but  story's running around in circles instead of actually explaining the whole mystery thing.

I heard that they are releasing (or was it released already?) an "extra" episode to explain all the mess, that says a lot imo. Wait, I heard that this is a pre-produced drama, so they kinda call all the actors again to  shoot that "extra" scene again? hmmm. 

Honestly, I started watching this drama with zero expectations and no - I am not disappointed at all. One of the reasons why I'm not disappointed is that I started watching it when episode 8 was aired and that's how I could follow all events from the beginning which would be impossible if I started watching it from episode 1 (it would be impossible to watch this whole set of episodes week by a week for me). There are flaws with the show indeed, but I am here for the characters mostly. I like Dohwan's characters, I even like KGE and LMH characters which was not the case in their previous drama (e.g Goblin,  I hated KGE's character tbh).  I am afraid that the next set of episodes might be disappointing because of the production issues since kdrama always tends to be screwed up between episode 10 and 16 when such things occur (at least in my experience).

I guess that most people are here for the cheesy romance  between the mains, which is why they tend to be disappointed. I like the way they are now, also it is how their characters are like. I think that once you let your expectation go and simply observe the show without emerging yourself in it - you really get to enjoy it. 

Once I got to see the official OSTs on YT by Hwasa and KJW of NELL, I reluctantly started to watch this drama and here I am. 

very disappointed, the overall script/vibe feels more like from the writer of The Bride of Habaek. I was expecting a fast paced exciting drama because of the parallel worlds/palace setting. The romance is a joke lmao

meanwhile I am more interested in some low budget makjang dramas no one even talks about.

Not sure for anyone else but I'm not here looking for cheesy romance but romance that is natural and doesn't feel forced/corny LOL. In fact this is exactly what's this drama is giving us instead: overly cheesy romance that needs to be toned down to make way for the serious theme between Lee Gon-Lee Lim.

Sunset:

very disappointed, the overall script/vibe feels more like from the writer of The Bride of Habaek. I was expecting a fast paced exciting drama because of the parallel worlds/palace setting. The romance is a joke lmao

meanwhile I am more interested in some low budget makjang dramas no one even talks about.

What low budget makjang drama? KBS's Once Again?

I'm not disappointed in the drama overall. There are still upcoming episodes that could possibly turn it around. As someone has mentioned before. The way it's being executed is poor to me. 

I feel like we have seen more of LMH & KGE scenes. I can't really recall anything that contributes to the plot besides the romance.

I still like the drama. I like the characters/cinematography/the parallel universe idea. It has potential. But good does come with bad lol. The drama definitely has other flaws besides the romance. The villain's storyline for example. I wasn't expecting to spend so many eps on nothing (that's how it felt for me). It took 10 eps to find out the villain's somewhat motives.

I think I had high expectations because of LMH return to dramas. I never really watched anything with him besides Personal Taste. So what reeled me in was the cast & plot. I also had a thought. I wondered how this drama is going to be remembered after its done airing; 1 or 2 years later. A drama that fell short?

Baek In Ho:

What low budget makjang drama? KBS's Once Again?

no, I'm watching 2 daily dramas The Promise & Fatal Promise (both dramas starring Park Ha Na) I was hesitant to watch Once Again since it's the writer of Oh My Ghostess (which I found boring) but they also wrote Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo (I liked this one though) Once Again plot doesn't sound interesting for me I get easily bored of slice of life dramas/anime - meanwhile I'm in the middle of watching TWOTM, it's addicting/worth the hype!

Sunset:

no, I'm watching 2 daily dramas The Promise & Fatal Promise (both dramas starring Park Ha Na) I was hesitant to watch Once Again since it's the writer of Oh My Ghostess (which I found boring) but they also wrote Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo (I liked this one though) Once Again plot doesn't sound interesting for me I get easily bored of slice of life dramas/anime - meanwhile I'm in the middle of watching TWOTM, it's addicting/worth the hype!

Can you give me advises about what to watch as daily dramas and makjang please ?

I kind of love when there are a swap of identity/ false identity : Nice Witch, it's my life, Scandal or Ugly alert

I like nice and caring mains characters, I am fond of brother and father relationships. I prefer friendship and family over romance. I don't like when good people have a bad ending. I don't like when vilains are too much. I like when there are characters development.

Is Fatal promise a remake of The promise ? Is it good ?

Duncan:

Can you give me advises about what to watch as daily dramas and makjang please ?

I kind of love when there are a swap of identity/ false identity : Nice Witch, it's my life, Scandal or Ugly alert

I like nice and caring mains characters, I am fond of brother and father relationships. I prefer friendship and family over romance. I don't like when good people have a bad ending. I don't like when vilains are too much. I like when there are characters development.

What about "beautiful love, wonderful life". Personally I loved it considering the length of the drama but it's more of a romantic genre but still, it can be tagged as a family one and it was good. And I loved the bromance. And the relationship between son in law and his father was good. And I was able to hate and love the characters at the same time (this was new for me) I hated the characters for some of their decisions yet sympathized with them for those decisions.

Duncan:

I've only completed 3 daily dramas so I don't know about recommending daily dramas... The Promise has an identity swap (spoiler?) you might like watching that. It's available on Youtube too. I hardly see any makjang k-dramas nowadays the last few I watched last year (excluding dailies) were The Last Empress, SKY Castle & Golden Garden. TLE is also about false identity - when Na Wang Sik became Chun Woo Bin as a palace bodyguard.

Duncan:
I don't like when vilains are too much.

isn't that the point of makjangs though? LOL

Duncan:

no, they are 2 different dramas. Fatal Promise is just average for me... not that great but not that bad either.