So they basically gave away who it was ep one by giving enough of their face. My sister and I still joke about it to the point where I snipped some pics and compared to other pics of them in a mask.

What I'm really curious about is where do you guys think it's going. I'm personally underwhelmed by seeing the same old time travel story being told, but am wondering if Lee Rim's introduction scene somehow effects that.

Do you think there is a way for them to make it interesting even with who they've chosen as the savior? Also do you think that person as the savoir even makes sense with previous displayed characteristics?

I have a strong gut feeling that the savior from ep 1 was old Lee Gon. See, in recent eps, they're talking about time travel as seen when Lee Got gave the blue flowers to Tae Eul. But when Tae Eul saw it in his room, the suit he wore with the flowers isn't ready yet. And so who would have Tae Eul's ID but Lee Got as a keepsake? And if you were to pay attention to the savior's physique, it exactly resemble's Lee Got but older. But that's just what I've thought through my observations. It's like they're pulling off an Avenger's Endgame on this one. I think it's gonna be a sad ending because that's the trend nowadays. Unless the main leads can live in the place with no air and wind where the sunset is nice, I don't know of a better situation because KOC needs its king but TE won't stay because she has her own life in ROK. The plot was really promising and I was super hyped on this drama. However, they started introducing too much side stories that leaves for so much loose ends. The chemistry could've been better because to me, it looks more of like a companionship. They need to work on the kissing scenes, too. I kind of understand now why it has low ratings. The actors are great but the story is just ridiculous. C'mon, I only watch it for Lee Min Ho at this point. I get that people want explanations and all the maths and sciences. Why don't they just explain everything in one episode and get it over with the revenge arch?? It's becoming a drag if it weren't for Lee Do Hwan's Yeong and Eun sup. The OST seemed dramatic right off the bat which deviated from other Kdrama OSTs that start off light-hearted; nonetheless, most of the songs are good. I also noticed they don't play a lot of it in the scenes which is weird because music is what makes certain productions. But who am I anyway to judge? I'm just a mere Kdrama fan. Therefore, I leave it to the drama gods to decide the fate of this show. Hoping for the best because it's Kim Go-eun's drama comeback after Goblin, the legendary drama that enchanted the world. Idk about you but I know sis deserves better. ❕❕ 

Yeah, as I said I took snap shots and compared. I wasn't going to say who it was in case it was still a mystery for some people, but honestly I'm still pissed they went the route of having him save himself. As if this time travel plot wasn't already so convoluted.
I didn't catch the bit first episode cause I had been talking to my sis, but when 6th ep rolled around and they showed it again I saw it and was upset cause I was already strongly hoping it was Shin Jae.
Someone pointed out, why else would they demonstrate that Shin Jae has a great aim even when quick firing, or that he can go toe-to-toe with Jo Young (undoubtedly the best hand to hand fighter in the series) in a fight.
Lee Gon has never been showed to be able to use a gun, and he definitely isn't a match for either Jo Young or Shin Jae, the only possible advantage he'd have over nameless henchmen is that he's probably a good 5-10 years younger.

Something people seem to forget is that viewers are really the ones deciding a shows fate. Korea is all about image and the ratings tend to deter producers from doing certain things again.
I hated Goblin with a fiery passion (because of the writing, everything else was great) and had I known this was by the same writer not even Woo Do Hwan could have gotten me to start it.