Saiunkoku Monogatari fanfiction - the anime fandom is really big that there are hundreds of fanfictions about it. If you're interested here is the link: https://archiveofourown.org/tags/Saiunkoku%20Monogatari/works

Wow, thank you! The novel was published in 2003 and completed in 2012. A whole 9 years. That's really impressive :0

Lia:

Wow, thank you! The novel was published in 2003 and completed in 2012. A whole 9 years. That's really impressive :0

You're welcome! The novel/anime/manga was quite famous in the Shoujo lovers community way back then. I hope the series will follow the central plot of the original story to attract more people to the community and vice versa.

Krystal:

Thanks for sharing.  

FYI...here's another site to watch the anime.

The Story of Saiunkoku Episode 1 English Dubbed | Watch cartoons online, Watch anime online, English dub anime (wcostream.org) 

Thanks for adding that here!

Lia:

Just wow.

Thank you for the link pips.

OK, given the Chinese live-action drama's imminent release.  I hope the anime get re-license in the US since Funimation let it expire in 2011 (despite I can watch it on Retrocrush and Amazon Prime Video, makes me wonder who has the license now).   I wonder if Netflix (or which streaming site can get the US license) to stream the live-action Chinese dramas for people who are watching (or have watched) the anime.

Also speaking of animation, and given that Chinese animation has done OK.  I wouldn't mind if The Story of Saiunkoku would get a Chinese animation remake alongside the live-action adaptation.  I mean after watching the Chinese animation, Heaven Official's Blessing (which itself is also being adapted into live-action too) and The Daily Life of the Immortal King, I thought why not give The Story of Saiunkoku a Chinese animation remake/adaptation.  The Japanese anime was interesting, but the light novel was finished in 2012 when the 2nd season of the anime was done in March 2008 meaning a lot of material was never adapted into the anime.  I wouldn't mind if the Chinese animation can start over fresh and finished what the 2-season Japanese anime couldn't.