My thoughts so far - I like the group dynamics and their chemistry. FL-brother duo bickering with each other is so much fun to watch, tho we won't get much of it now, as they are adults. I want to see Lin ZeQiu and Jin BaiHui falling for each other and being all lovey-dovey. I don't get why TingTing and Duan QiYan always bicker. Lastly, I like the leads as friends, but I don't see any romantic chemistry between them. I like her chemistry more with Shen FuXuan. Also, only 8 eps are left, and their romance storyline feels somewhat short to me.
She always has been impulsive. Throughout the show it's shown that she does not play the long game. There was…
Yes, I know that, and that’s the one reason why emperor appointed her. But I didn’t thought that she will be running in the street with a knife to kill a person. Isn’t it common sense that when you try to kill a person in public you will definitely be brought in front of court and she didn’t even have an evidence. She give up everything even her post and her life for that. We can give a benefit of doubt how she badly wanted to revenge, but then she is supposed to be smart, right? Shouldn’t she have planned before taking the action?
I am thinking the same too. She supposed to be so smart but her acts are all so stupid. I never see an official…
Exactly. I’ve seen many dramas where the emperor and the official are friends, but still they speak in a formal sense and greet them properly, unless the emperor tells them to be casual. But here it’s not like that.
She supposed to be intelligent (she’s a top scholar) but sometimes her actions are a bit stupid. Like in ep 15, when she tried to avenge her sister’s death. She didn’t had any evidence and tried to kill him in public. I’m curious can an official kill in public and do this because I don’t think I have seen this in other dramas. It feels like she has no regard for law. Or is it the setting where there are war lords and the emperor doesn’t have much power.
I think the ending is still logically good tho, loving in both lives and both situations.
If we just think from the love perspective, then yes, but from a multidimensional perspective, like not only changing her life, but the lives of people around her and she made friends and experienced so many things. At the end it turned out to be pointless. Like what was all that character development (of all the cast) for?!
I like FL’s chemistry and interaction more with her brother and SML. Maybe she still thinks of ML as a friend but i can’t see any chemistry between them. Or maybe it’s just the ML. I watched his one drama way back and i felt the same. That’s why i don’t watch much of his work. Other than that, i am liking it so far. I like TXW. She’s perfect for this role.
Acting of the entire cast and the chemistry between the leads: 10/10.
Script, direction, music, and those bizarre lighting choices and curtains that genuinely gave me a headache: 0/10.
Both the male and female leads had already suffered enough with their traumatic pasts, but apparently the writer decided that wasn’t nearly enough. And after putting both the characters and the viewers through all that emotional torture, the least the writer could have done was give us a proper happy ending.
Also, with everyone dying one after another, for a moment I thought it was a xianxia drama set in the Republican era.
Binge watched it today, and throughout all the eps all i could think of is ML deserves better. Never have i thought about couple breaking up and letting go off eo. But here i want them to. I can understand why FL is doing that. But her choice of words and actions are quite painful towards ML. He really deserves better.
Overall, I really loved this drama. Up until around episode 34, I was completely hooked. The characters, cinematography, and emotional scenes were so well done. But ngl, the last few episodes felt way too rushed.
The ending itself wasn’t my problem, I actually liked that it was a happy ending. It just felt like they tried to cram way too many plot points into the finale without letting any of them breathe.
For example, the Crown Prince spent almost 10 years trying to find out who poisoned him. When the truth finally came out, we as the audience got the answer, but we never really got to see his reaction. It honestly felt like the reveal was just there to tell the viewers who did it instead of giving the character the closure he’d been waiting a decade for.
Another thing that confused me was the whole coffin situation. The Crown Prince’s body was secretly taken away, but we’re never really shown how that happened. And Shen Xihe, who’s been portrayed as incredibly smart and observant the entire drama, somehow never realized her husband’s body wasn’t even there? That just didn’t sit right with me.
I also wasn’t a fan of what they did with the Fifth Prince. I don’t mind that ambition consumed him—power changes people. But there’s a difference between being corrupted and suddenly making questionable decisions just because the plot needs you to lose. Earlier, he came across as calm, strategic, and genuinely intelligent. By the end, it felt like that version of him disappeared.
Still, I really enjoyed the drama and would definitely recommend it.
As soon as i watched the trailer i knew i would love it, and i absolutely did. It was dark and interesting. Totally binge worthy. Hope we had more eps. The cinematography, chemistry between the leads, fighting scenes were crazy….10/10 for me.
Though I really liked the FL in Blossom, I feel her acting range is somewhat limited, especially in this drama. Compared to the ML, her performance doesn’t feel at par with his, and the difference is noticeable. Nevertheless I still enjoy watching He Yu hehe.
Script, direction, music, and those bizarre lighting choices and curtains that genuinely gave me a headache: 0/10.
Both the male and female leads had already suffered enough with their traumatic pasts, but apparently the writer decided that wasn’t nearly enough. And after putting both the characters and the viewers through all that emotional torture, the least the writer could have done was give us a proper happy ending.
Also, with everyone dying one after another, for a moment I thought it was a xianxia drama set in the Republican era.
The ending itself wasn’t my problem, I actually liked that it was a happy ending. It just felt like they tried to cram way too many plot points into the finale without letting any of them breathe.
For example, the Crown Prince spent almost 10 years trying to find out who poisoned him. When the truth finally came out, we as the audience got the answer, but we never really got to see his reaction. It honestly felt like the reveal was just there to tell the viewers who did it instead of giving the character the closure he’d been waiting a decade for.
Another thing that confused me was the whole coffin situation. The Crown Prince’s body was secretly taken away, but we’re never really shown how that happened. And Shen Xihe, who’s been portrayed as incredibly smart and observant the entire drama, somehow never realized her husband’s body wasn’t even there? That just didn’t sit right with me.
I also wasn’t a fan of what they did with the Fifth Prince. I don’t mind that ambition consumed him—power changes people. But there’s a difference between being corrupted and suddenly making questionable decisions just because the plot needs you to lose. Earlier, he came across as calm, strategic, and genuinely intelligent. By the end, it felt like that version of him disappeared.
Still, I really enjoyed the drama and would definitely recommend it.