Details

  • Last Online: 2 hours ago
  • Location:
  • Contribution Points: 1 LV1
  • Roles:
  • Join Date: July 28, 2025

Friends

Completed
Marry Him in Her Place
4 people found this review helpful
Dec 31, 2025
24 of 24 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 10
Story 10
Acting/Cast 10
Music 10
Rewatch Value 10
This review may contain spoilers

Best Republican Era Drama of 2025!!

Republican Era tropes are always my top favorites as they are angsty but I literally didn't plan to watch this as I wasn't much familiar with the acting of the leads but as soon as I started watching this, I got seriously hooked and binged it all in one go πŸ₯ΆπŸ₯Ά. "Marry him in her place" is such a perfect blend of mystery - romance - action - comedy - suspense πŸ”₯πŸ”₯. It is high time since I last enjoyed a Republican Period Drama as much as this!!
Everything in this drama was perfectly balanced. I didn't even bother to fast forward for a moment staying glued to the screen πŸ₯Ά! Although there are not much romance , Ryan Ren and Liu Nian had a sizzling chemistry with the sexiest height difference πŸ₯΅πŸ₯΅ You could sense the tension between them even when they stand away from each other!!
Every single character in this drama was perfectly written . The female lead was strong, kind and fearless! There are no annoying green teas to disturb the couple. And I was really convinced by the villain arc. It is high time since I have seen a bad guy with serious temper. The actor Wang Ze Xuan was so brilliant in his role that I got scared in his actions! Apart from the leads, the character of Liu Xiu will always have a special place in my heart whom they killed off to add more emotions to the story πŸ₯ΉπŸ’”. I was really convinced by Ryan Ren's heart breaking performance in the scene when he lost his soul mate, it was spectacular. I will definitely watch his other dramas though I still need him with Liu Nian in another drama πŸ₯ΉπŸ₯ΉAs someone who watched RR & LN for the first time, I would say that I didn't had enough of this drama especially the trio of Lin Yun - Liang Yi - Liu Xiu πŸ˜­πŸ’”. Wish it was longer ... πŸ’”πŸ’”
Marry Him in her place was such an intriguing drama. I'M SO HAPPY THAT I WATCHED THIS SOONER!! I still rewatch this drama everyday as I'm obsessed and couldn't get over it. If you like watching contractual marriage drama, when the leads gradually develop feelings with too many angst then you can give it a go. I'm sure you'll not be disappointed 😊

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Dropped 18/24
The Early Spring
17 people found this review helpful
21 days ago
18 of 24 episodes seen
Dropped 5
Overall 3.5
Story 3.0
Acting/Cast 2.5
Music 8.0
Rewatch Value 1.0

Seriously , I just don't get the hype!

Meaning I keep seeing this drama in my TL these days therefore I decided to give a try expecting something new but unfortunately this show has nothing particularly special to offer except for the visuals of the cast. The story isn't anything compelling or unique. While watching shows, the factors that make me keep watching is basically the plot or the acting . But here, there was neither of the two!!
The acting of the male lead whom I have seen for the first time, is pretty cold and I feel like he can't genuinely convey his feelings to the viewers! Like seriously ,, he's got no expression mannn 😢 On top of that, I can't really understand why he's pushing so hard to tryna look cool like that πŸ™„? I m sorry to have said this but he literally has no aura of being a CEO to say the least and he's way more suited to play in idol dramas instead! As for the female lead, I think I have seen her before where her acting was pretty good but here I just found her performance stiff. Several things of this drama has been blown out of proportion including the chemistry between the mc which feels pretty forced and medicore to the core. In a frank way, I didnt find any hotness or tension between them. There are many c-drama couples in chinese tv I know whom despite having no kisses or bold scenes still managed to hold up the tension on - screen. But here the romance totally fails even with tons of kΔ±ssΔ±n . I think if the leads were actors like Sean Xiao or Landy Li , who can easily connect their feelings to viewers, conveying the required emotion then that would have definitely worked and make a memorable combination despite the average plot!
The supporting cast is also very weak here. Usually in C/K dramas even in case I don't love the male lead character , somehow I end up falling for the second lead guy or the morally grey antagonist. But in this show there is none that's worth to mention like what the helllll 😭?! The supporting cast felt like more as if they were just filling up the show for the time being hahaha. But the music of this drama are sort of pleasing ngl and I guess this might be the only thing I enjoyed here so far.
If not for Netflix push, it doesn't seem to me like anyone would want to invest their time in this drama of those same repetitive storyline πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™€οΈ
Anyway, in the end, I said what I said and I am glad that the douban reviews exists that way I could be sure that I'm not the only one who feels that way 🫣.... I just hope this show ends sooner so that I no longer have to keep watching this on my feed all day lol

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?