• Last Online: Apr 20, 2019
  • Birthday: January 01
  • Join Date: April 15, 2017
Real
Aug 26, 2017
I could not believe I have watched REAL already, I've been dying to watch it to see for myself, how the movie is really. Why is that KSH mentioned it is a representation of his 20s while many fans are questionsing why he took the role. Also about the bed scenes, non-existing plot, bad directing, too long running time and being a bad move etc. So here's my take of the movie: 1. KSH's showed acting we have never seen from him before. I especially like his portrayal of the masked Jangtae young - the thub scene ; the cry laugh scene with the other JTY and the cry/laugh scene in the car - were my favorites. He reminds me of HIsuka's character in HunterxHunter. He was able to show the softness of the character perfectly. It truly is a work to be proud of. KSH is an actor - given a scary script which he knew he can play - and so he did. What a man can be he must be. He deserves a major award for this. 2. Bed Scenes - I would understand this is not something young korean fans would expect, well anyway the move is rated19. And for an adult film, the scenes were carefully shoot - the characters are extremist and so the bed scenes has to match the characters desires. The scenes were quick and obviously unreal (i mean why would other people even think it was real *** - and to those labeling it as cheap Bed scnes must be sleeping throughout the movie and just woke up and see the few seconds bed scene. ) 3. Non- existing plot - The film is not the typical A love B. C is the villain and D gets all the symapthy and wins in the end. KSH during showcase expected confusion from public and mentioned about watching the movie more than once.I think the film's aim is for viewers to share opinions and interpretation. I would need to rewatch the moview with better subs - there were many sub mistakes when `i compared it with the trailer subbed in english - i'd give the plot another chance then edit my review later. 4. Bad Directing - I must agree the action scenes were out of tune - there are a few impressive moves -nice attempt - but the raid scenes were weak. BUt the rest of the directing was not bad at all. 5. 2 hours running time - I didn not find it lengthy nor dragging, maybe because I don't mind watching kim soo hyun alone for hours and hours ,3 chapters are necessary for the script, I believe. For me it was just fine. 6. Other casts: there is nothing to hate about Suili, she did a good job. Suzy's appearance was ridiculuos it was not even for 2 sec. thinking she had the body tatoo done for 30mins just for that scene, or maybe they cut it bec of some reasons, and IU? I did not see her at all. 7. Overall: REAL is definetly not a bad movie, but I must say it is not everybody's genre. I look forward to watching it with better subs to give a more accurate review. But it is undeniable how great kim soo hyun acting was - watching his characters alone is worth it the plot is just a bonus. hehe. i would definetly watch it on BIg Screen more than once if only it will be shown in the country where i am at. I will still recommend the movie - let me know what you think. I certainly enjoy watching kim soo hyun for 137 minutes.

Reply 1988
Oct 8, 2017
Watched this series just right in time...i love it to bits! so this is how life is like when people have "conversations" instead of "gossips",  when life isn't perfect -just beautiful.. and of course Taek-ee's appearances are gold! i love how he is not all over the place in this drama that made each of his scenes priceless! how amazing it is to be back in time in an even better setting and a handsome bogummy on the side. I just love this so much! This is one of the reasons why I love watching  korean dramas more than anything, the writers/directors do know how to feed my heart, the actors/actresses play the roles so well. It's amazing how we are all the same after all, regardless of race, we'd be surprised how the life in Korea looks exactly the same as the life in my country in terms of hopes, friendships, family, love, challenges, dreams and so on. We may speak different languages but at some point we listen to the same songs. We may have different dishes but we share the same love for food. We may have different stories but we laugh at the same things. We may have different characters but at times we cry for the same reasons. We may have different dreams but there is always one thing we all want - LOVE.

A Man and A Woman
May 16, 2017
That moment when Gong Yoo's daughter hugged him. A father who lived for his daughter, a lonely husband who has been taking good care of his wife. It was just a simple gesture from a daughter but was deeply appreciated by a man who has given so much, enough for him to give up his desire for a woman. (This is what I have seen from Gon Yoo's eyes while acting).
I think this is what you get living in regrets, a man and a woman with regrets in their lives, if they were not married, it is called, second chance and might lead to a happy ending; but in their status, it was an escape, a fantasy which leads to a reality that they can never be together.
I guess it is always easy to fall in love with a new person compare to be in love again with the same person.
But this is just one story, there can still be another story, when you free yourself from regrets, move on, and challenge yourself to discover something new about marriage and love. If it is love, then regardless of how many times you failed and got hurt, there can always be a happy ending without the need to spend for another wedding :))

Night Light
Oct 12, 2018
I didn’t have much expectations on watching this drama bec im not into politics - corporatation issues -but I watched it bec I trust Yo Won as an actress - true enough her charcter got my attention - but still I can’t trust the plot of the story - I saved my self time and fast forward many scences - I could not drop watching it because It is intruiging and has potential of being an intelligent drama but at the same time can lead to a huge dissapintment- true enough- if i had watched 20episodes closely I would have regret it

Pros
Intruiging characters
Cons
Nothing special with the characters in the end (toinks)

Pros
Ceo’s character is consistent but
Cons
Only until ep 19

Pros
Se Jin’s character is intruging like her motives - psychological effects of things she suddenly got into - like an experiment of putting someone in another planet with the chance to be a new being - and watch how she would react to it -
Cons
It turned out FLAT - nobody’s experimenting - thus all the character became questionable rather than intruiging

Pros
Outfits are nice but
Cons
The never showed inner clothings! I’ve been wondering how the outfits look like only if they take off the coats at times

Pros
The casts are lovely and entertaining to watch like precious vessels
Cons
They were not filled with substance

Pros
The drama is an art (entertaining to look at)
Cons
Which did not turn out to be a master piece (not something you’d buy for price)

Something in the Rain
Aug 12, 2018
Stand by your man.. and show the world you love him... for the first few episodes this drama reminded me of how my husband and I were when we were still dating (ooohh so this is how we looked like then - (wait until you get married!! Lols) anyway it inspires me to love my husband more considering how I know for a fact that no matter how drastic he changed and will change - his heart always belonged to me- (the rest is all upto me)

I loved the male lead and his chemistry with his noona-got fluttered in the first few episodes and i cried watching the final episode. But why 7.5 ? There are a lot of repetetive scenes- too slow directing and too much cheesiness! Glad I saved myself from wasting some hours by skipping several scenes and ended up appreciating the drama still. I didnt want to blame it all on the flaws and chose to just watch the scenes that interests me withiut compromising my understaning of the story. Maybe because the actors are too adorable that I wanted to enjoy this piece of work they worked hard for

The wrtiter had some strong points and showed several real life scenarios - it is simple and natural - but there could have been hundreds of other scenes/scripts that are natural but flavorfull. Should have digged even deeper - and should have come up with a more interesting twist.

.*spoiler
I appreciate those hide and seek parts which reminded me of dating secretly - the break up and the pain of letting go - and thrill of reconciliation .

On top of that found my new oppa to watch for- Jung Hae In! Overall a good watch !

You Who Came from the Stars
May 21, 2017
I'm 2yrs late for this drama. Yay! (Cuz i normally wont watch a too famous drama while it is being aired int my country (PH) IDKY,

This is one of the few dramas which I would not wish to be written otherwise. It brings you to a new place where you just gotta trust it; sit back and relax. It did not disappoint me in any way. The main leads (KSH my love) Ji hyun and the supporting casts are all perfect for their roles.

KSH acting of a poker face alien will never bore you, his voice is just perfect to sound old while in a young body.

Ji hyun's acting was just right, she did not overdo it which is amazing, The 2nd male lead's character was not pathetic which is good, the main villain actor also is very suitable for the role, Ji hyun's brother is so cool and cute, and the mother actresses are both gorgeous. And same goes to everyone else.

The location shoots; cinematography, especially the OST are all superb. This kissing scenes were surreal.

I actually liked this even better when I rewatched it. I even like it better than Goblin maybe because I fell in love with KSH deeper than I did with GongYoo, hihi.

BLOOPERS: I only knew there were extra scenes after each episodes on my second time watching this drama. lols. I hate spoilers so I would go to the next episodes right away that;s why. hehe huhu

Descendants of the Sun
Apr 15, 2017
I have always admired kdramas but have stopped watching new kdrama for a long time. DOTS awaken the interest in me to see new Kdramas again. I find it hard watching a new kdrama esp if I have not seen the actors before, I gave DOTS a try because of Song Hye Kyo, but it was bec of Song Joong Ki that made me love this drama so bad, well their chemistry has a lot to do with it as well. This is a well thought drama, the scenes, lines, characters all make sense. I got hooked after watching the first 10 minutes of the 1st episode and I cant get enough of the ending scene. People in their late 20s or early 30s would appreciate this kind of love story more. It takes a lot of focus, talent,discipline, maturity ,courage and true love, to enter and maintain a Doctor-Soldier Relationship. The main leads were honest, vocal and open to each other, it feels good to see these character being shown in a drama played by beautiful actors. Just awesome! I watched this 3 times and I can watch it again still :))

The Heirs
Dec 3, 2018
Was surprised to see many bad reviews bout this drama here mdl while secret garden (same writer) gets good ones (find it really funny seems like i really have different taste from majority. Withot knowing both were wrtiiten by same person- while watching I though (oh this is what secret garden’s supposed to make me feel - this is the right way to do it- reasons?

1. The leads chemistry
2.The events which led rich kids fall for ordinary girl and her being attractive which gives the feelings of the guy some justice

What else to like?
3. Girls are all pretty with interesting characters and guys were all handsome with cool personalities too
4. Setting and vibe

Cons
5.having several characters in the same love story concept

Overall serves what it supposed to. Inetersting and entertaining.

Secret Garden
Oct 31, 2018
I’ve been planning to watch thos drama bec of good reviews but I guess this is just another Boys Over Flower for me (not that i didnt like this type of drama - i loved meteor garden-original version a lot) which seems to be inevitably good to a lot of viewers but it just doesn’t interest me - well atleast I got to finish this drama (skipping many scenes though)

Why?
Maybe - i find it really hard to be interested with the female actress (i also did not find her charming in king 2 hearts but i managed to like the drama bec of Lee seung Gi ) - She seems to not create good chemistry with the actors - and so maybe this prevented me in even giving her character a chance - or maybe the character itself is not attractive for me at all.

More so - most of the story does not interest me - the fact that a rich man - fell inlove so quickly with a poor - strong woman - out of no where - (i can believe love at first sight but still there has to be a conversation and instant connection for this to happen) in this case - i didnt see any of that.

There are several scenes which are untrealistic - fantasy is supposed to be magical, yes , but should not think that viewers are dumb.

This drama sure included all things common viewers would want to see - but in a predictable manner - overdoing things (which I can’t stand the most)

Then why did i finish the drama?

I wanted to give Hyun Bin a chance into my liking - but i guess not in this drama- will watch and see from his other dramas instead.

I got curious since I’ve started watching it already (i skipped a lot of scenes though and just got to the point)

Do I hate this drama?

No. It’s just that - i did not happen to like it. Maybe if i watche dit when I was in highschool - i might have a better take on this - just maybe. But until then - i suggest you watch other dramas if you dibt have much time to burn.

King2Hearts
Aug 25, 2018
Seung gi is on my top three most favorite actors- but I did not have high expectations oh his dramas. Even if Brilliant Legacy stole my heart - still I wasnt expecting much from watching King2Hearts - maybe bec of the title or the poster that i was thinking it is just one of those seen this heard that dramas. But I was completely wrong- the drama is so unpredictable - I rarely get tensed on watching suspense dramas- but this one really got me. And I must say - Seung Gi’s acting improved a lot in this drama which I think deserved an acting award. I focused on his character and he did not fail the writers and directors on what they wanted to show.

I am not into politics so my viewing point maybe different - (dirt in politics - human greed and selfishness is not new to me)

I focused on the main lead individualism- specifically the making of a worthy king. Started of being a humble boy - acknowledging the position of his older brother - and enjoying what the advantage of being the second son- rather than envious and greed to take his brother’s place. Him being honest and bold - not a genious but seeks wisdom. Him not wanting to be a King from a young age - because he was somome who gave up on trusting people apart from his family - but right after his bro died - he knew what he had to do. Someone who gets stronger during tough times - which I can relate so much. I agree that in the darkest time - the fools think they are of advantage - not knowing that it will actually make the rightious shine more brightly.
I can go on and on and on- There are just so many lessons to learn from Lee Jae Ha’s character alone. And seungi naturally shown the process. Bonuses are that of all the royale family memebers- and ofcourse kim hang ah.

I already love seungi prior watching this but still this made me love him even more. Such a talended man. I respect him as a singer - actor - and as a person.

Random comparisson:
(I watched this right after finishing”Healer” - ironically - even though I also like Ji Chang Wook plus he has better features than Lee Seung Gi - and even though i liked Healer which is - technically better - but both Seungi Gi and King2hearts - won in my heart - at the end of the day it is how the drama and the actors make you feel while and after watching.)

Who Are You: School 2015
Jul 26, 2018
Did not have high expectations watching this drama, but surprisingly it kept me awake til morning which means it is one of those worth watching dramas after all. Nam Joo Hyuk’s owns 80% of the credit -hihi.

It has an interesting plot, especially the romantic aspect of it. Never seen such close fight of male leads (so far). The theme seems to be common and the setting is predictable (school) - but it actually offered different flavors which was entertaining.

It is always fun to watch actors in uniforms.
My Girlfriend is a Gumiho
May 30, 2018
I never thought id write a review about this drama which I attempted watching 7yrs ago but could not even convince myself to finish the first episode. Im guessing the reason was 1. The plot seems like childish 2. Was not attracted with the male lead. But why did I give it a 10? I only learned about Lee Seung Gi after watching A Korean Odyssey - I got attracted with his soothing aura that I now find him handsome (that I think im liking him better than PBG) so right after watching AKO I knew I had to watch MGIAG, I ended up liking it even better than AKO. Yes- the plot is not technically impressive not as accurate as fantasy novels like harry potter- but every movie has its own charm and flavor. And I have to say that Gumiho made my taste buds nomo nomo nomo nomo happy. How come? 1. I must say, impact of movies depend on which time of your life you watch them - by this time I really enjoy the characters innocence - vibe- positivity - that I wont notice any flaws. 2. For some reasons hearing Woonga’s voice seeing how positive his eyes are - reminds me of my youth when I was fearless and careless- It is refreshing to watch. 3. The chemistry of the main leads- none is over powering the other - they blended well. 4. The ending *spoiler*
I like that it’s a happy ending. In this time of my life where I take a lot of pressure being an adult - it’s inspiring to see even from a movie how everything pays off well in the end regardless of all uncertainties- mistakes- waiting. Woonga’s eyes deserved to see what he did not gave up on believing to see - :)

The Legend of the Blue Sea
Jul 16, 2017
This is my first of Lee Min Ho, yes you've read it right. Inspite of loving KoreanDrama since 2009, I've watched lee min ho for the first time(2017). I did not hate lee min ho, but he came out too famous to start with and I was not fond of going with the hype and so i skipped his dramas. hihi. And then decided to watch him out of curiosity. For some reasons,watching him in this drama gives me an impression that he is a good person. His acting is not superb and I am too familiar with his face, but I found him charming because of his height and gestures after watching him. I'm planning on watchign his other dramas next. About the drama, I enjoyed the shallowness, the humor, the atmosphere, the location shoots, the suspense, anger,lonliness,regrets, love that were all not to a deep extent but just enough for me to be entertained, to be fluttered, to laugh to cry. I enjoyed the drama from start to finish!

Dream High
May 22, 2017
OMG, what have I been watching all these years that I just got to watch this now!??
Not fond of musical movies or dramas; so I did not expect to like this drama that much, but to my surprise I enjoyed every bits of it, It is now one of my favorite dramas.
Song Sam Dong, was lovable all throughout! Kim Soo Hyun is now one of my favorite actors.; I even think I like him best. I shed worthy tears many times, and have learned so much from this drama.
I am turning 30 this year, and this movie made me ask myself if I ever had a dream? I want to see how beautiful it is,too. I so love the scene when Sam dong made a solo performance, i think that's the very heart of the drama; kim Soo Hyun really pulled it off. I also love his duet with IU, watched it several times.
I wish there were more sweet Sam Dong -Hye Mi moments; and more of them at the ending.
But still this drama is 10/10! Kim Soo Hyun was just perfect for his role, no other actors would have done it better than him.

Ballad of Seo Dong
May 9, 2017
I have learned so much watching this drama, i think more than I even learn from school (lols).I think I learned enough to write a book out of it. I wished for a different ending ending but because of how good rest of the story I till give it a prefect 10.

It is brilliantly written,
I tells us about: love, greed, loyalty, betrayal, reasons, excuses, purpose, failures, success, discipleship, leadership, camaraderie , friendship, negotiation, submission, wisdom, foolishness, politics, life, death, struggles,rewards, etc etc etc.

I understood everything the writer was trying to show, of course with the help of the brilliant actors,everyone in the drama was consistent in their acting. Seeing Jo Hyun Jae's smile makes it even more worth watching.