Details

  • Last Online: 21 hours ago
  • Gender: Female
  • Location:
  • Contribution Points: 0 LV0
  • Roles:
  • Join Date: June 25, 2014
Completed
In a Good Way
20 people found this review helpful
Jul 23, 2014
26 of 26 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 9.5
Story 10
Acting/Cast 9.5
Music 10
Rewatch Value 9.0
This was such a refreshing drama with well rounded characters. It tells a beautiful story about people just like us, who are trying to find their own voice and identity.

Things I liked: There were no evil characters, just beautiful and flawed ones. I became invested in all of their stories and I felt that I was a part of their group. The slow cooked romance was beautifully done, even though sometimes the pacing might become frustrating for some. The acting was pretty good generally, especially Lego Li, who seemed so genuine in his reactions. The friendships were the heart of the show and I really like how they supported each other. The writers did a terrific job in linking very small details and events; there were a great deal of symbols spread throughout the show and I thought the characters had very deep and meaningful conversations most of the times. There was also a great deal of humour and I laughed out loud many times while I only cried about two times.
The music was also very good and it helped build up the 90's vibe.
Most of the time this drama was very realistic and I felt like it was a delicious slice of life.

Things I didn't like: Well, I really loved this drama, so there aren't many things I can complain about except...the ending. The ending wasn't bad, it was acceptable, but it left me wanting more. I read there will be a movie so hopefully we will get te answers we were looking for.

I recommed this drama to those of you who want to take a break from the usual crazy plots and who want to be pleasently surprised.

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Rain or Shine
8 people found this review helpful
Jan 31, 2018
16 of 16 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 10
Story 10
Acting/Cast 10
Music 10
Rewatch Value 10
What a beautifully made drama! I am glad I gave it a shot despite its melodramatic premises. What I liked about it: chemistry between the leads is great, which is always something that is a decisive factor when deciding to continue with a kdrama; the pain and struggles were depicted realistically; there were no evil characters, just flawed ones and I lappreciated how they gathered a bunch of characters which had time to show both their good and bad sides; the music was at times heart-wrenching and perfectly matched the emotions shown on screen; not too much office drama/ business talk, even if a lot of the plot revolves around a professional setting. What I LOVED about it: it made me reflect upon my own life and choices, and it made me become even more grateful for what I have. Just Between Lovers has not only an  entertaining value, but it also tells a beautiful story in which  pain is not erased, rather embraced and celebrated as a core human emotion.

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
What Did You Eat Yesterday?
6 people found this review helpful
Mar 14, 2020
12 of 12 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 10
Story 10
Acting/Cast 10
Music 10
Rewatch Value 10
This show is so cute! It was both funny and heartwarming. I was LOL-ing and crying equally. The leads were so perfect for each other and they really complemented each other, while growing together. The food and recipes were not a gimmick, but more like a vehicle for showing gratitude, for making up, for saying "I'm sorry", for saying "Thank you" and for expressing love. It was so cozy to watch this drama, and I especially loved the grocery shopping scenes while realizing I spend too much money on fancy tomatoes! The show explored sensitive topics for the Japanese society, but did it in a very balanced and informative way and I cannot see why someone would take offence in how gay couples were portrayed. Watch it, you will get all the fuzzy feelings, but be prepared to salivate!

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
The Early Spring
23 people found this review helpful
19 days ago
24 of 24 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 10
Story 10
Acting/Cast 10
Music 10
Rewatch Value 10

Engaging, steamy and emotional

Wow! What a ride! I just finished the last episode and I can confidently say I will remember this drama for a long time.

What I loved:
- I followed the discussions on this series across several social media and it had so many people engaging with the story and the characters. The arguments were so contradictory and I found myself straying from my own real life principles when judging the characters. I think the writers did an exceptional job in creating two very flawed individuals who were so loveable at the same time: "You don't need to be perfect to be worthy of love" - the show's tagline summarized what the story was about.
- Jing Bo Ran - my goodness! What an actor! Microexpressions, high fashion, puppy eyes! I can't choose what I loved most about Luke. He was my favorite character and I kept finding myself rooting for him, even though we were supposed to hate him.
- Sun Qian - she was so efortlessly beautiful, frustrating and sweet at the same time. I didn't always understand Flora's motivations and inner world, but I was so proud of her grit and growth.
- The pairing - they chemistry was off the charts for me, those small touches and gestures they exchanged were so well done, kudos to the intimacy coordinator for giving us enough spice and keeping it classy at the same time.

What could have been better:
- the episode cut from 32 to 24 episodes. We needed those extra 8 episodes.

Overall: LOVED IT! I will need some days to recover from it, I will miss it. Please watch it, if you like realistic character/couple driven series.



Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Autumn's Concerto
4 people found this review helpful
Jul 12, 2014
34 of 21 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 9.5
Story 9.0
Acting/Cast 9.0
Music 10
Rewatch Value 10
This review may contain spoilers
Let me start by saying that I really love this drama. I didn't know what to expect when I first started it, as I have watched only one tdrama before. The story isn't something that will blow your mind, but the execution was wonderful.

Things I loved: The chemistry between the leads is great and the love story is very sweet.The child actor is just so precious and he is basically the wisest character of the show. The second leads are amazing characters, they are kind, good hearted and they genuinelly wish the best for the ones they are in love with. It is almost impossbile not to like the second lead lady (if you will watch the show, you will know what I mean). The pacing of the story is almost perfect, I didn't feel the story dragged on, even if there are 34 episodes. This drama has a lot of cliche elements, but they are done so well that it made me remember why I love Asian dramas so much.

Things I didn't love so much: the editing of the episodes was a bit annoying because between important moments of the show there are some flash back or flash forward scenes that are kind of spoilers. Maybe some people will like that, but I found myself irritated by it.

I am recommending this tdrama to all the romantic souls out there and I am surely going to watch it again.

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Ongoing 13/13
My Secret Romance
1 people found this review helpful
Aug 10, 2019
13 of 13 episodes seen
Ongoing 0
Overall 8.5
Story 8.5
Acting/Cast 8.5
Music 8.0
Rewatch Value 10
I am so glad I watched this drama, despite the many negative comments. I'd wish people would not rate a drama based on their expectations and subsequent disappointment when the drama does not meet those expectations. Rate a drama for what it is!
I enjoyed it a lot! Cute leads, great skin ship and everything I needed on a rainy weekend. Rom-com with all the classic ingredients. No, the story isn't the most innovative and you kind of know where the plot is going, but I am always happy to take that ride if there is chemistry between the leads. And there was!
I recommend it for when you want something cozy and non problematic.

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Will Love in Spring
0 people found this review helpful
3 days ago
21 of 21 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 8.5
Story 10
Acting/Cast 10
Music 8.0
Rewatch Value 8.0

Like a heartwarming bowl of soup

I loved som many things about this drama!

I thought the first part of the series did a great job combining humor and grief. Some scenes really made me cackle. The second half was a bit more somber but still managed to convey hope and light.
I understood our female lead and I was rooting for her. She was very charming despite carrying so much pain. All the women in the show were stellar. The mom, the grandmas and especially the little sister - fantastic talent. The goose - oh my heart🪿 ❤️
One of the overarching themes was about girlhood, empowerment and generational healing and the writers managed to build characters with depth, relatable and loveable.
I also appreciated our couple's realistic depiction of love. Passionate, romantic, messy and realistic. This drama felt like a warm hug and made me reflect on my own mortality and the mortality of the people I cherish the most. I have become grateful for the dullest moments as well. Thank you to the writers and the cast, it was a lovely treat!

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?