Details

  • Last Online: 1 day ago
  • Location: Caribbean
  • Contribution Points: 75 LV2
  • Roles:
  • Join Date: July 29, 2022
Replying to anthony9242 • Apr 6, 2023
instead of all these short length dramas, why not just make it a movie or 2
Not just costs, but also instant revenue if published online ...
2 0
Replying to Kai Xu Min • Apr 6, 2023
I watched this because Richard Li's in it. Not really fond of short mini series. This one is just not so Richard…
This was literally made to be viewed on phones / tablets and was likely published on Chinese Tiktok or a similar platform named Kuaishou. By definition low-budget and designed to quickly communicate the story.
Li Fei's done quite a few better produced short forms since this was uploaded to Youtube.
6 1
Replying to Louz • Apr 4, 2023
Review Road Home Spoiler
I love this. This is a truthfully accurate review. I actually lol'd at the "drinking game" suggestion..!!!What…
This particular scene was baffling to me. There was literally nothing she could do to help the situation; why was she there? I didn't understand the purpose of this scene at all, and it was the one genuinely illogical plot point in the entire drama. I can't imagine any public airline allowing her to get on that plane in the first place.
3 0
Shiro • Apr 4, 2023
Review Road Home
Another good review, Shiro. The part with the kids is the reason why I couldn't rate it higher than I did.
I really loved the Qining captain's boy's character and the actor who portrayed him was super. But the overall treatment of him [and to a certain extent all the minor characters in the drama] made me feel ... uneasy. I just thought the overall treatment was too ... casual??? offhand??? And as much as I love the CP, I can't help but feel that their intense love for each other will never quite expand to encompass their children.
I do also admit to 2x watching the "police" scenes ... lol ...
2 1
ChineseDramaFan • Apr 4, 2023
Review Road Home
This is a great review that captures very clearly the positive qualities of this drama. I'd add to your thoughts the very high quality of the cinematographic storytelling here. The camera work was superior, making highly effective use of closeups on hands and feet to communicate intimacy and unity of feeling. Some of the intimate scenes push against the boundaries of the review process, but a lot of the romantic impact of the drama is created by the quiet scenes where they are simply holding each other, and good camerawork helps to communicate their intense emotions powerfully.
3 1
On Fan Zhi Xin • Apr 3, 2023
Person Fan Zhi Xin
I find it hard to believe this kid is only 23 right now ... he's such a mature actor for his age!!!
17 1
Replying to Lavinia Hollis • Mar 27, 2023
What a captivating story! But the female lead's face ruins my watching enjoyment. Where do I begin? I understand…
Wouldn't having a FL who is not fitting the traditional standards of beauty actually enrich the story? The ML is obviously rich, handsome, and powerful. It would then be all the more enraging from his perspective that this nondescript woman is not only fascinatingly attractive to him but also unwilling to be with him.
I haven't see her acting yet, but dismissing her based on her looks seems a bit ... facile...
2 0
Replying to megan • Mar 27, 2023
At the end, he's only being held accountable for the embezzling issue, and not the rape, physical abuse, or attempted…
The impression I have [spoiler - I haven't seen the entire drama yet] is that ML is a character who is desperately in need of the love the FL can give her, but he is so emotionally flawed that he can't express his need in ways other than through possessiveness and threats. FL wants to love him, but he has made fear such a part of their relationship that she can't prevent herself from her "knee-jerk" reaction to him.

I'm definitely going to watch as much of this as possible [Hawick Lau is a hottie!] but I know it's going to be a difficult watch.

And while I agree there shouldn't be automatic "happy endings" for the assaulter, I would like to hope the ending shows some growth in the characters as part of the resolution. Sadly, most people who have abusive habits don't rehabilitate, but it's definitely possible.
1 0
On My Decoy Bride • Mar 25, 2023
NOTE: first four episodes have already aired ... looking now to see if Eng subs have been added [though I doubt it].
1 0
Replying to wenkexing • Mar 25, 2023
it's going to air 3/25 (though you probably have to wait for subs as wetv/tencent have been slow with releasing…
Thanks ... I just noticed the currently airing notification for this .... hopefully it will be subbed by next weekend and I can binge it....
Been lowkey looking forward to this.
1 1
On We All Lie • Mar 25, 2023
Title We All Lie
Adding this for the ML [Li Zi Feng] but looks like it might be a fun revenge plot ... lol ...
2 1
Replying to gasrr • Mar 25, 2023
Just ignore the review give score 3.0 in above, enjoy the drama cause more than 3000 account give high score for…
I don't know why people read the novel and then diss the drama because it diverges from the novel. The drama is not the novel, nor is it meant to be. I can respect score 3.0 if given because of faults in the drama itself, but not if it's because of your view that the drama and the novel should be the same.
It seems people who didn't read the novel first liked the drama a lot.
0 1
On Belated First Love • Mar 19, 2023
This was meh. If you want something to watch while you're sleeping or driving someone else around, it works. As mentioned elsewhere, severe plot trope disease, mediocre acting at best, and humor seems overdone and forced. Add some weird PP editing and ... Yeah.
0 0
On Echo • Mar 18, 2023
Title Echo
Wang Yang seems to be a hot property at the moment.
Still watching Under the Microscope, but will definitely pick this up after I'm done with that. Hopefully there will be eng subs by that point.
5 1
Replying to siavee • Mar 11, 2023
Title My Fake Wife
the plot is good ! hope they invest in a remake !!
I am convinced there's a script making the rounds of the micro-drama makers... but the acting in the alternative versions I've seen has been abysmal ... I'd also be interested to see a proper treatment of this story outline.
1 0
On Nine Kilometers of Love • Mar 10, 2023
My interest in this drama is focused on the second couple, Jiang Yi Ming and Meng Ran. I've seen a few clips that make me want to see how their relationship turns out .... but so far not enough to invest in actually watching the entire drama.
What I'd love is a clip playlist on YT that just shows their parts of the drama ...
0 0