Details

  • Last Online: 7 hours ago
  • Location: U.S.A.
  • Contribution Points: 0 LV0
  • Roles:
  • Join Date: July 3, 2023
On Extreme Job • May 9, 2026
Title Extreme Job
Fun and cute! Pretty basic plot and reveals, but with great dynamics between the team (Korea DOES do funny so well; it took me a while to get into the humor when I started watching Korean stuff years ago, but now I find it hilarious.). A fun watch, with a lot of actors you'll recognize if you watch a lot of Kdramas.

My friends and I used to joke that the BBC uses all the same actors for their shows, and so we'd all say that they got actors from the "BBC Manor House." Maybe we can say the "Kdrama Hanok House" for Korean actors because once you've seen the "Hanok House" roster, you'll basically recognize anyone in a drama (and maybe movie?). πŸ˜…
1 0
Replying to Eleison • May 9, 2026
Title Bloom Life
The synopsis gives me major "Meet Yourself" vibes, complete with a big tourist brochure to another region…
But it's on iQiyi 😭😭😭
2 0
Replying to Big_Red_1011 • May 9, 2026
It’s showing 8.0 to me now. I don’t rate until the end because so many dramas tend to get bad in the last…
So true! πŸ˜…
0 0
On Bloom Life • May 9, 2026
Title Bloom Life
The synopsis gives me major "Meet Yourself" vibes, complete with a big tourist brochure to another region of China. πŸ˜…

Does it feel "Meet Yourself"-esque for those who have seen it? Cause I loved that drama. πŸ₯°

P.S. Also, an 8 episode Cdrama?! On what planet? πŸ˜… The shortest thing I've seen was 15 episodes, but 8 is concise, haha.
5 4
Replying to AngiBorahae • May 8, 2026
I was already afraid they’d go for the incredibly lame noble idiocy trope… and unfortunately, they proved…
There are so few romance dramas without it (the noble idiocy trope) in some form, though. πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ It's a Kdrama romance staple at this point. πŸ˜…
3 0
Replying to sal09 • May 8, 2026
Title Filing for Love Spoiler
Director talking about the kiss in ep 4!Director: Normally, a kiss happens after both parties have confirmed their…
This does make it feel more "western," as another viewer described this show as.

I kind of dislike the western way first kisses are often done, though, which is fly at each other like wild animals and kiss madly because of some intangible spark/chemistry even though you barely know each other (instinct is definitely another good way of describing this). Most think that makes it "adult" but I usually think that makes it actually feel more superficial (the fact that it's compared to a drunk kiss...). But it also largely depends on how they deal with the aftermath. πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ
1 0
Replying to dai5y • May 7, 2026
The irony is strong here, since the leads are getting into the exact type of scandal they're supposed to be chasing…
This is a very interesting observation. I'm curious, too!
0 0
Replying to Ivy • May 7, 2026
Grain of salt for google translate here but I find the program introduction from tvN really interesting. "In…
Wow, that is considerably more thoughtful than I would have expected something like this to be! πŸ˜…
3 0
Replying to Eleison • May 7, 2026
"I wasn't sure I'd be able to make it through 25 episodes, but I can't seem to look away." Perfect description.…
πŸ˜…
1 0
Replying to _mischievous • May 6, 2026
I was mind blown watching it for the first time as a teenager when it came out.
I loved it, too!
1 0
Replying to Malita • May 6, 2026
I'm finally watching BoF and I'm on ep 9. Some thoughts so far: The first few episodes were truly insane and some…
"I wasn't sure I'd be able to make it through 25 episodes, but I can't seem to look away."

Perfect description. πŸ˜… When I showed it to my sister I prefaced that it had issues but she had to see it. When she finished, she summed it up similar to you: "I liked it a lot, but I feel like I shouldn't have." πŸ˜†
1 2
Replying to _mischievous • May 6, 2026
I was mind blown watching it for the first time as a teenager when it came out.
Have you seen F4 Thailand? They update/improve/innovate on the story in some fun ways.
1 2
Replying to taa_ka_shi • May 6, 2026
rewatching and skipped every scene with Gu Jun Pyo in it ... he is literally a child immature af (no hate to Lee…
Haha, when I rewatch I skip all the scenes of/with Ji Hoo. πŸ˜…
1 1
On Boys over Flowers • May 6, 2026
Iconic, cozy, toxic, messy. Still one of my all-time favorites despite having lots of issues!

P.S. And the OST is still one of the best I've seen for a Kdrama!
12 0
Replying to aevun • May 6, 2026
Title Dr. Romantic Season 2 Spoiler
i have a question. why the doctor community bullied seo woo jin that much? he reported a a doctor for doing illegal…
It seems whistleblowing is a really big "no-no" in toxic work culture in SK (and you always respect your senior coworkers and never throw them under the bus unless you want to get fired), so it was highlighting how much of a risk it is for doctors to expose their hospital's underbelly as it often forces them to sacrifice their career and makes it virtually impossible to be hired because of the negative stigma that follows them for being "a traitor."

Maybe those who take issue with whistleblowing see it like this, "If everyone is doing underhanded stuff, if I/my hospital gets exposed then we're just getting unfairly treated like the problem when all the hospitals do what we're getting in trouble for."

But I think the underbelly and anything that fosters it or allows it cobtinue shows a lack of care for integrity and patient care and feeds into the ladderclimbing and money and ambition, unfortunately. There is a lot of money to be had in medicine. πŸ˜”

I love Woo Jin for sticking to his guns and not letting corruption go unchecked.
3 0
Replying to Classicsmushy • May 6, 2026
Title Dr. Romantic
People who complained about the kiss on Ep 1 probably are just slow so they don’t get it. The β€œI want to sleep…
That episode almost made me stop the drama. I didn't sign up for Grey's Anatomy! πŸ˜…

Thankfully I kept going because by the end I loved it. One of the few dramas that improves as it goes on.
0 0
Replying to Taino • May 6, 2026
Title Dr. Romantic Spoiler
I've heard that the main couple's on part 2 and part 3 never break up. Is that true? and, is that the case on…
Well, this couple doesn't start dating until well into the drama. Both Seasons 1 and 2 are slow burn romance, so that helps sidestep breakup stuff since it takes forever for them to get together and doesn't really leave time or space for a proper breakup. πŸ˜… The couples have spats in both seasons but no official breakups (from what I remember). I haven't seen season 3 yet, so I can't speak to that drama.:)

The couples have great chemistry in both once the romance starts taking off. πŸ˜‰

There's an adorable scene in Season 1 where the ML and FL have a little spat (it's not a real fight) about how they need to do a better job not showing their feelings for each around other staff because they want to keep it a secret at work). They start to tease each other and it gets hilarious when he starts making her cringe. πŸ˜… It's an iconic scene; one of my favorite playful couples banter moments.
1 1
Replying to first-with-love • May 6, 2026
Title Dr. Romantic
I will also add this drama is also has a rare case where each sequel gets better than the last. I watched Doctor…
Yes, I liked Season 2 more because I liked the leads in that drama better from the get-go. Dong Joo took forever to grow on me because he was such a piece of work! πŸ˜…
0 2
Replying to Ivy • May 6, 2026
My current theory is In Ah and Jae Yeol are exes. He married for business and is still in love with her. I wouldn't…
And considering she's all about finding people having affairs who are married who work at Haemu, it doesn't really seem to add up if she's having an affair herself.
3 0
Replying to Eleison • May 4, 2026
I'm not sure if getting super physical quickly in a relationship (and I would define this as quickly because they…
πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜… So true!
1 0