Details

  • Last Online: 3 hours ago
  • Location: U.S.A.
  • Contribution Points: 0 LV0
  • Roles:
  • Join Date: July 3, 2023
Replying to Eat Watermelon • May 20, 2026
I felt like the drama couldโ€™ve easily become way too scattered and chaotic if it wasnโ€™t for Cha Eunwooโ€™s…
"Grounded" is a good way of describing his character. I totally agree with this; the three newbie superheroes would have driven me crazy without him. ๐Ÿ˜…

I saw their dynamic like a little kid learning how to do something, and then asking dad to help when they get stuck. ๐Ÿ˜… He is actually quite patient with them, haha.
16 0
Replying to YellowFox23 • May 19, 2026
We got all three: human experimentation, crazy cults, and basically human trafficking. Itโ€™s fascinating how…
Cults are rampant over there. Not sure why, but they have SO MANY.
3 0
Replying to FrankieD • May 19, 2026
ร‰pisode 8 - That scene were the grandma wanted to check that wunderkinderโ€™s wound. Watching the grandma acting…
Maybe mark as a spoiler?
2 0
Replying to Eleison • May 19, 2026
Title The WONDERfools Spoiler
This was SO much fun. It does jump around from slapstick, to gut-wrenching, to horrifying, to grotesque, and to…
What the grandma did was awful. I did think she got off a little too easy. But of course the actress plays her so well. She can do all the range needed for this grandma who wears many hats. ๐Ÿ˜…

And the betrayal of Chae Ni felt pretty heartless (I do wish Eun Woo had been able to show a bit more of his torment at giving her up; it still was well-incorporated in the grand scheme of things, though, and consistent with his morally gray character as established from the start; because he's so cute, you want to trust him ๐Ÿ˜…). Again, overall, it worked, but only because Chae Ni didn't get hurt.

Some of my favorite scenes were with the ML: when we find out he saved Chae Ni from the knife and scissors, when he rescues her from the lab and says, "I'm not a huge fan of it, but she's on my side," ๐Ÿฅฐ and that adorable, off-the-cuff kiss with the things blowing up behind them. ๐Ÿ˜… Also, when they try to shoot him in the lab and he turns the bullets back on them? Such a cool scene. He has the coolest powers, for sure, and I also loved the way they showed the way the characters who had their powers since childhood have so much more control over them than the newbs, which were great details. It was also kind of cute having Un Jeong as the one they always fall back on like when they run out of ideas or can't get their powers to cooperate, "Um, we're stuck. Fix it, dad!" ๐Ÿ˜… I also loved the scene when Chae Ni sacrificed herself the first time for Un Jeong and they went to see the northern lights together. The bonding begins. ๐Ÿ˜… (Oh, and that HILARIOUS sequence of Chae Ni trying to bring Un Jeong back from the beach, and she gets too excited so she teleports back every time before he can get to her ๐Ÿ˜…).

I guess they didn't want to explore the fact that Un Jeong, like his fellow wunderkinder, was slowly getting affected by his powers, too. All the others died--how long does he have? Is he in danger? ๐Ÿฅบ

P.S. I would have liked to know what the ML's "trigger" was to activate his powers. So curious!
6 0
On The WONDERfools • May 19, 2026
This was SO much fun. It does jump around from slapstick, to gut-wrenching, to horrifying, to grotesque, and to hilarious constantly, but it was a blast. Wacky and kind of bonkers, and just a wild ride from start to finish. There are so many parts where I howled, hooted and cackled with laughter.

Lots of heart, endearing characters, and some poignant themes without ever getting boring or slow.

It takes time to breathe, whether that's for comedy, character growth, or something serious, and doesn't sacrifice the scenes that build character arcs and world-building for spectacle. (I thought the world-building was really fun in this; it didn't feel ridiculously derivative or like a full-on rehash of something else and had its own flair).

(This is also one instance where an established screenwriter ventured out of her normal writing style, and delivered.)

It has elements that remind me of Star Wars, X-Men, Guardians Of The Galaxy (humor-wise and styling), and Sweet Home (styling, sets, unique tone and the morbid imagery/concepts), with a dash of Korean-specific humor thrown in. It's very stylized and has a retro feel throughout with music to match.

I loved our team of defective misfits. They were adorable, and flawed (except Chae Ni, but it didn't make her one dimensional for not having flaws, she was too stinkin cute to have an issue with ๐Ÿ˜…). Cha Eun Woo was... Cha Eun Woo. ๐Ÿ˜… He definitely doesn't have a ton of range from project to project, but somehow he still always works for me. He has an on screen presence that makes me miss him when he's not in the scene (and not just because he's cute). Choi Dae Hoon (whose character was so freaking annoying and lovable at the same time) and Im Sung Jae (just a sweetheart) acted their hearts out and were GREAT. Loved them.

I have a few more comments about the story but I will put them below in a spoiler:
6 1
Replying to batatatamusic • May 19, 2026
Great plot, amazing pacing, chemistry, and humor. The actress playing the heroine is great ! and Eun woo is simply…
The smoking also felt random to me. ๐Ÿ˜…

This is the biggest discrepancy of Kdramas' presentation of Korea/Koreans vs. real life: the smoking. Kdramas (not ones made by Netflix or foreign platforms) very rarely have smoking in them, but I was absolutely shocked by how much smoking there was when I went to Korea. A lot of other things were accurate to Kdrama portrayals, but not this. ๐Ÿ˜…
2 0
Replying to Jenny • May 19, 2026
Chaeni throwing her medicines on heart disease made me cry due to wastage๐Ÿ˜ญ. Two full bags of pills thrown away…
Not supposed to donate or give away prescribed meds, though. They should only be used by the person who was prescribed them. Disposing of them properly would have been nice, but I think that's the least of Haeseong's worries at the moment. ๐Ÿ˜…
10 1
Replying to 03soul • May 19, 2026
Title The WONDERfools Spoiler
Curious if Unjeong is older than Chaeni ๐Ÿคญ
They seem about the same age because Un Jeong looked around 7 or 8 when the fire happened, and we know that Chae Ni was 7 when she got her new heart.
2 0
Replying to asphyxia • May 19, 2026
so confused by episode 19, did she genuinely not recognize him when he wore the mask? by the snow cliff when she…
๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™€๏ธ That's when things started to not make sense, and similar moments continue to happen increasingly moving forward.
0 0
Replying to Getitdone • May 18, 2026
I think you never checked out Korean webtoons, there are 100s of System best Manhwa/Webtoons. Solo Leveling wasn't…
Thank you! I was wondering if it was going to be described as a projection of his grief to cope, but it's just a game fantasy element essentially?
1 1
Replying to Getitdone • May 18, 2026
I think you never checked out Korean webtoons, there are 100s of System best Manhwa/Webtoons. Solo Leveling wasn't…
Thank you!
0 0
Replying to ziwiy • May 18, 2026
Title Filing for Love Spoiler
Kdramas have gotten so advanced lately. Male lead kissing another woman in the first episode๐Ÿฅด but wasnโ€™t…
I agree, but you do a feel a little less worried for him because a man can easily overpower a woman who pushes herself on him. Not as easy if things were reversed, which is why it feels less urgent/serious/scary.

I like that they also didn't just show him having no self control in the face of a sexual experience. He had no interest in her, he put up boundaries, and reminded the ex-girlfriend/fling why they existed.

I think this scene was included for a few reasons: 1) It was comedic, and set the tone for the hanky panky going on at this company; 2) it showed us the ML had a history with women and was not a newb to romance (which is important for his character); and 3) that the ML has values.
0 0
Replying to Getitdone • May 18, 2026
I think you never checked out Korean webtoons, there are 100s of System best Manhwa/Webtoons. Solo Leveling wasn't…
What is a "system webtoon"? ๐Ÿ˜…
0 5
Replying to David33 • May 18, 2026
I mean, does she have brains? She's now married to a guy who doesn't want a job.๐Ÿ˜‚
Haha, picked up on the fact that you're a man, so no clarification needed. ๐Ÿ˜‰ I just cringed over the oversimplification. I haven't seen this drama yet (but the fact that elsewhere you said Lovely Runner was worse made me think I might still enjoy it. ๐Ÿ˜… I actually enjoyed Lovely Runner, and Goong, which was admittedly a toxic hot mess), and I'm not sure I'd agree with you that Yi An didn't have a "job" or "work"--I'd have to watch it and then decide, but all that aside, I still felt the comment needed consierably more clarification to not imply things you didn't mean. Hence, the facepalm. ๐Ÿ˜…

I agree that giving people a pass simply because they're pretty is silly (it drove me nuts on the Pursuit of Jade page, everyone freaking out about a gorgeous villain); on that we can agree!
0 1
Replying to David33 • May 17, 2026
I mean, does she have brains? She's now married to a guy who doesn't want a job.๐Ÿ˜‚
The facepalm was reacting to the reduction of human dignity to usefulness. I feel like it's kind of a male version of this comment, "What's the point of a woman if she never has babies?"

Maintaining humans have value only when they're useful or fill a specific role is treading into dangerous territory, don't you think? And I would make distinctions between a "job" and "work." They are not exactly the same thing. I think all humans need some kind of "work" to find meaning in life, and for practical reasons, that's usually a job. But the implication in your comment was only certain types of job or work makes a man truly a man.

"I've seen you all calling other male characters losers who had a job and didn't have any big issues." I'm not quite clear on what this has to do with my comment, but by all means, if I'm one of the "you all" mentioned, I'd be happy for you to present a comment of mine where I've done this so I can be properly chastised for contradicting myself.

I also made no comment about the show, so I'm not sure why you assumed I was automatically giving a cute male a pass?
0 3
Replying to David33 • May 16, 2026
I mean, does she have brains? She's now married to a guy who doesn't want a job.๐Ÿ˜‚
"What's the point of a man if he doesn't have a job?"๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™€๏ธ
2 5
Replying to kukkakasvi • May 16, 2026
Can't believe it's over ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ Reminded me of the good old days like Goong ๐Ÿฅฒ
Yeah, if people say Goong was better they need to watch it again. ๐Ÿ˜… It's a horribly flawed drama that I love to pieces in all its terrible glory. It has some great things about it, for sure but as a complete package it is a wreck. ๐Ÿ˜…
1 0
Replying to No444 • May 16, 2026
Title The WONDERfools Spoiler
psychos do psycho stuff irl as well. it's not really limited to any religious stuff. don't think too much into…
I thought that drama portrayed Christian elements REALLY well, too. It was a standout, for sure, amongst dramas. But yes, unexpected there!
1 0
On Perfect Crown • May 15, 2026
I get a kick out of how literally everyone here calls Jo Jae Yoon's character "Jinmu"--and it needs virtually no clarification.

Poor dude's been irreversibly typecast. He'll never escape Jinmu. ๐Ÿ˜…
7 5