Details

  • Last Online: 4 minutes ago
  • Location: U.S.A.
  • Contribution Points: 0 LV0
  • Roles:
  • Join Date: July 3, 2023
Replying to Eleison • Apr 21, 2026
Some people still seem to not get the idea behind Kdrama rom-coms. That doesn't mean they can't be bad, but some…
Preach! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
1 0
Replying to Elmond_u • Apr 21, 2026
if you find the age Gap uncomfortable, that's totally fine. however, why is it that no one ever mentions the age…
And they show that he's not into her in any way when she's young/growing up; it's not until he truly gets to know her and learns to enjoy and respect her company that he starts to fall for her. In fact, he blows her off repeatedly before starting to soften as they grow closer. I think that also made it feel not creepy to me. She was the one pursuing him and wanting to be around him and, as you say, he never uses his power/age to manipulate or control her.
1 0
Replying to Elmond_u • Apr 21, 2026
the ending left me feeling a bit unsatisfied. I felt like it could've been much better with just a few changes.…
Her dying at the end was just completely unnecessary. I have no idea what purpose it served! Ticked me off to no end! But the music is fabulous. ☺️
0 1
Replying to Sinasina • Apr 21, 2026
It has been like this already in 2018, not sure when exactly it happened.
Yeah, we think of ghouls that live in mountains and who hate the sun when we hear "goblin" (for English speakers). πŸ˜…
0 0
PeachBlossomGoddess • Apr 21, 2026
If I were to watch this, which episodes could I safely skip so as to enjoy what's worth watching of this? If I just stop it halfway and just skip to the end will that be satisfying enough? πŸ˜…
1 3
Replying to Lal27 • Apr 20, 2026
Started watching this today. As a Brit I am used to constitutional monarchy and a class system. So I can go with…
Viki is very good compared to Netflix and Prime and all the others. I haven't used Disney for dramas but with Viki I feel like I get the biggest bang for my buck. Don't have iQIYI--have to draw the line at subscriptions somewhere! πŸ˜…
4 0
Replying to kat • Apr 20, 2026
‏It is the winning script from the MBC competition, but compared to the previous winners, this is definitely…
What were the other dramas that won?
1 0
Replying to KerllyMorales • Apr 20, 2026
Here I see some slightly silly comments ☺️ so let me say this:If you’re watching Perfect Crown like it’s…
Some people still seem to not get the idea behind Kdrama rom-coms. That doesn't mean they can't be bad, but some elements that people gripe about are literally here to stay, and as far as the genre is concerned, are going NOWHERE. πŸ˜…
6 4
Replying to Jiejie • Apr 20, 2026
modern royalty is throwing me. but I'm enjoying it. it's different
I'm a sucker for them, too; biding my time with this one until it's completely released so I can binge it with a free Hulu trial (if it doesn't take a nosedive in the 2nd half, which Kdramas tend to do, especially recently), but I love several of the other dramas like this (The King 2 Hearts and Goong)!
2 0
Replying to Eleison • Apr 20, 2026
One of my favorite lines/parts in this drama is when Yuanqi is about to storm Chaoyang Hall and the Dowager Empress…
Oh good! πŸ₯° I absolutely love it even though some parts are heartbreaking to watch!!
2 0
Replying to David33 • Apr 19, 2026
LOL you just jinxed this one with two poorly written dramas. πŸ˜‚
I can agree with that. :) I just finished Cdrama My Unicorn Girl and it was the same thing. It knew it was cringey and embraced the cringe fully and ran with it. πŸ˜…
0 0
Replying to sophya96 • Apr 19, 2026
Cheesy to the point of being unbearable. All that expensive casting for such a dumb and unoriginal storyline.
It's a monarchy set in modern day Korea. There's no getting around the cheese on this one. πŸ˜‰
10 0
Replying to David33 • Apr 19, 2026
LOL you just jinxed this one with two poorly written dramas. πŸ˜‚
I see your comments here and there on MDL, and while I sometimes see what you're saying I usually don't resonate with the intensity of critique you assign to things, so I usually don't respond, but for some reason this time I did. πŸ˜…

That said, I like SWDBS, too, and also think the leads carried it. :) They were SO cute. It's got the weirdest tonal shifts from serial kidnapper moments to goofy, adorable cringe. So much whiplash. πŸ˜…
0 2
Replying to Eleison • Apr 19, 2026
Thankfully his arc does not last the entire drama. πŸ˜‰
Yeah, he's pretty awful.
1 0
Replying to Yamuri • Apr 19, 2026
Title Be Reborn Spoiler
Su Ying was indeed a quite annoying character. I felt as if she was only introduced to mess up the growing trust…
Kind of a bummer; I'm afraid his lack of vulnerability with the Captain will frustrate me.
0 1
Replying to chismg10 • Apr 19, 2026
Title Eternal Love
The genre of this drama should be Xanxia, and not Wuxia. I've noticed that other dramas also have the wrong genre…
I think they only put xianxia in the list of secondary tags.
1 0
On Eternal Love • Apr 19, 2026
Title Eternal Love
Is this a drama with torment and suffering with an open/sad ending?

It has a xianxia tag so that's why I'm asking. πŸ˜…
1 4
Replying to 16126692 • Apr 19, 2026
Person Liu Hao Ran
He has an upcoming drama this year,Take a Nap
Hope it's good! Loved him in NIF.
1 0
Replying to JS- • Apr 19, 2026
In fact, I think the rating system on MDL is quite good and tight and is very good as a basis for starting to…
I agree, many say the ratings are wrong/unhelpful, but I find them very helpful, especially paired with comments, reviews and the number of people who've rated it. I just have to take really high ratings from recent dramas into account as they tend to be over-inflated for while. I usually can see why people liked it, even if it's not to my taste. A rating I don't always agree with usually has a reason for being well-liked or disliked even if I felt differently. I don't think rating systems are really as fickle and inaccurate as people like to think. πŸ˜‰
0 0
Replying to y. • Apr 19, 2026
What's with the rating? UJ is portraying female-centric drama beautifully, it deserves 8.5 ⭐️. Then again,…
I got turned off by the heaviness that just started weighing down the plot and characters. I'm not used to detective/mystery plots being quite so somber. I suppose it's a kind of mystery/detective storytelling, but not one I think I'm into.
1 2