K-Drama
A Lot of Potential, But What the F Am I Watching?
Okay… I finally finished watching Wuju Bakery, and honestly, I’m still trying to figure out what the hell I just watched. 😂Considering all the fiascos and delays that happened before this series was finally released, I really wanted to give it a fair chance. And to be fair, Barcode and Jeff Satur are good actors. They’ve proven that they can carry emotional scenes and deliver when given the right material.
But here’s the problem: they somehow feel like anchors holding the rest of the cast together.
The biggest issue for me is the story and the overall execution. The series feels like it wants to be too many things at once, and the result is a narrative that is all over the place. Even the language use—Korean, Thai, English—sometimes feels less like a natural part of the world and more like something thrown in because it sounded interesting.
And come on… if the goal is to attract an international audience, invest in the story and the world-building. That should be the priority.
I don't think the production needed some insane, Hollywood-level CGI to make this work. The fantasy elements could have been effective with a stronger script, better settings, more consistent world-building, and a story that actually knows where it wants to go.
Instead, it feels like the production invested heavily in Barcode and Jeff, expecting their presence to carry the whole thing. And while they absolutely did their best, even talented actors can only do so much when the material around them isn't strong enough.
There were moments where I could see the potential. The premise could have been genuinely interesting. The actors had moments where they showed they were capable of much more. But the series needed a tighter story, better pacing, stronger supporting characters, and a more convincing setting.
So, overall: Barcode and Jeff? Good. The potential? Definitely there. The execution? A mess.
I don't hate the series, but I can't pretend it delivered what it could have. After everything that happened before its release, I honestly expected something more polished and cohesive.
Please, production teams: stop thinking that putting two popular and talented actors in a project is enough. Give them a damn story worth acting in.
I’m still rooting for Tai. ?❤️
I finally finished Love of Silom, and overall, I’d say it was okay and enjoyable to watch.One thing that really stood out to me was the bar production and performances. The dancers were really good, and the performances felt like a full production rather than just something happening in the background. Honestly, those scenes were some of the highlights of the series for me. 👏✨
And of course, I was always rooting for Tai! 😭 I honestly thought he was going to get a side couple storyline, but he ended up being more of a supporter of the main actor. Still, I enjoyed seeing him on screen and was hoping for a little more from his character.
I also think the overall story reflects the reality of people who have experienced similar struggles — family problems, financial difficulties, and the pressure to earn more money. Sometimes, when people are struggling, they’ll try almost anything to survive or improve their situation, and I think the series captured that aspect quite well.
The actors did a good job with their performances, although I felt they could have been given stronger material. For me, the story could have used more plot twists and unexpected turns to make it more exciting and keep the momentum going.
Overall, Love of Silom was an okay watch. Not perfect, but there were definitely things I enjoyed. And if there’s one thing I’ll remember most, it’s definitely the bar performances and those talented dancers. They really stood out! 💃🔥
And yes… I’m still rooting for Tai. 😂❤️
I honestly don't know why it's called Love Alert—there wasn't much of an "alert" for me.
Unfortunately, this series felt like another formulaic BL that followed many familiar tropes without offering anything particularly fresh or memorable. While the cast is undeniably good-looking and has on-screen appeal, I felt the performances lacked the emotional depth needed to make the story truly engaging. With more acting experience and training, I believe they have the potential to deliver much stronger performances in future projects.The biggest issue wasn't just the acting, though. The story itself relied heavily on clichés, making it predictable and difficult to stay invested. It never quite found its own identity or gave viewers a reason to remember it once it ended.
I hope the production team takes this as a learning experience. There's definitely potential here—with a stronger script, better character development, and continued growth from the cast, future projects could be much more impactful.
Overall, Love Alert isn't a terrible watch, but it's also not a series I'd find myself recommending unless you're simply looking for a light, straightforward BL with familiar tropes.
Was this review helpful to you?
I’m the Most Beautiful Count was overall alright for me
I’m the Most Beautiful Count was overall alright for me. The setting, location, and execution were decent, and it turned out to be a fun and entertaining watch.It’s a light, funny series, and I did find myself enjoying it quite a bit. The cast is also very attractive, which honestly became a distraction at times 😅
There’s a clear sense of yearning at the beginning, though the story also implies that it was already established, so I was fine with that direction.
The comedic take on historical government reform was surprisingly amusing and well-executed in its own way.
Overall, it’s worth watching if you want something fun and easy to enjoy.
Goddess Bless You from Death was overall okay for me
Goddess Bless You from Death was overall okay for me. The production quality was good, and the acting was decent.It feels like the series aimed to reach the same level of horror intensity as Khemjira, and while it got close at times, there were moments that took away from the tension.
I’m not sure if I was just too distracted by the main leads (they’re a bit too attractive for their own good 😅), but it sometimes pulled me out of the experience.
Still, it’s a good watch overall — I’d rate it around 7.5/10.
—tight, cinematic, and clearly crafted with care
I’m currently on episode 4 of WU, and I already think it’s one of the strongest series I’ve watched this year. It easily competes with shows like Khemjira in terms of quality and impact, even this early in the run.The performances from Sky and Nani are superb—both bring a lot of depth and nuance to their characters, making every scene feel grounded and emotionally charged. Even though this isn’t a BL series, there’s definitely a subtle “BL scent” in their bromance that adds an extra layer of tension and chemistry without taking away from the main narrative.
What really stands out is how well-prepared and intentional the storytelling feels. Even as an ongoing series, the execution is already impressive—tight, cinematic, and clearly crafted with care. The emotional tone hits hard, giving it that high-budget, premium production feel.
So far, it’s gripping, well-acted, and genuinely addictive. I’m definitely locked in for the rest of the episodes.
FINISHED THE EDGE OF HORIZON — EPISODES 1–11 ??
Wow. I genuinely don’t know how to put into words how much this series got to me.When I first started The Edge of Horizon, I honestly thought I was just going to watch a historical BL. I did NOT expect to become this emotionally invested in these characters, their story, and the entire world they built around them.
Every episode had its own redeeming quality, and I really have to commend the entire cast. Every actor managed to steal their scenes. No one felt like they was just there to fill space. Every character had a purpose, every emotion landed, and when the tears came… THEY CAME. 😭 The crying scenes, especially, were delivered so beautifully that sometimes I found myself tearing up before I even realized it.
And the acting? SO GOOD.
The expressions, the little pauses, the way they look at each other… there were so many moments where the characters didn't even need to say anything because their eyes were already telling the entire story. The emotions felt raw, intimate, and convincing. Inn and Ongsa especially made me feel like I was experiencing their emotions right alongside them. Their chemistry is honestly something else. 🥹
I also have to mention the script. There were moments that really stayed with me, and I loved how the story allowed the characters' emotions to breathe. Even with all the heartbreak, conflict, and suffering, there was something so beautiful about watching these characters continue to choose, understand, and fight for each other.
I know some people might find the color grading a little too bright and modern for a story set in 1932, and I did notice it too. But surprisingly, it never pulled me out of the story. The performances and the emotional weight of the narrative were strong enough that I quickly stopped thinking about it.
If I have one major wish, though, it's that I wish they had been given a bigger budget for the war scenes. 😭 I would have loved to see the scale and intensity of those moments fully realized because the story deserved it.
But honestly?
This is still one of the BEST BL period dramas I've watched.
I came in expecting a historical BL and left emotionally attached to two men, their love story, their friends, their struggles, their entire world… and probably my sanity. 😭🥹
And now that I've finished all 11 episodes, I can confidently say: every episode gave me something to remember.
To the entire cast and crew — thank you for giving us this story. You can really feel the effort, heart, and emotion behind it.
And to the ontc investors:
HELLO??? 👋 PLEASE LOOK THIS WAY.
Give these people MORE BUDGET.
Give them MORE PROJECTS.
Give us MORE HISTORICAL BLs.
Give us MORE InnOngsa. 😭
I genuinely hope we get to see Inn and Ongsa together in more projects because their chemistry deserves to be explored again and again.
Calling all the investors, producers, and decision-makers: WE ARE READY FOR THE NEXT ONE. 😭💸
The Edge of Horizon may be over, but I'm definitely not emotionally over it. 🥹🌅🤍
When Oranges Fall — My Thoughts ?
I think *When Oranges Fall* is a cute and lovely series. I honestly really like the color palette and, more importantly, the authenticity of its settings. Everything feels natural, raw, and lived-in. It doesn’t have that obvious “studio backdrop” feeling, which makes the whole series very relaxing to watch. The direction is probably one of my favorite things about it.I also like what the story is trying to say. There’s a certain warmth and sincerity to its message, and I think that works well with the overall atmosphere of the series.
That said, I couldn’t shake the feeling that the story itself felt somewhat recycled. There were moments when I thought, *“Haven’t we seen this kind of story before?”* 😂 At first, I wondered if some parts were simply filler, or if the repetition was intentional.
But honestly, knowing that **GMMTV**, in collaboration with **Studio Wabi Sabi** and **The One Enterprise**, are behind this, I don’t think they don’t know what they’re doing. I actually started thinking that maybe this kind of familiar story is intentional. It’s an easy, accessible story that younger audiences can connect with, while also giving them a chance to discover and get attached to the artists.
Because let’s be honest—we’ve seen this type of story before. It’s not necessarily groundbreaking, but perhaps that isn’t the main purpose. Sometimes the goal is simply to create something approachable, comforting, and easy to watch.
And that’s exactly how I would describe my experience with *When Oranges Fall*: **relaxing, authentic, raw, and comforting.** The direction and visual atmosphere really worked for me, even if the story itself wasn’t particularly new.
So, would I recommend it? **Yes.**
It’s not a masterpiece, and I wouldn’t say it brings something revolutionary to the genre. But between a story that is familiar yet pleasant to watch and one that feels more difficult to connect with, I’d definitely choose *When Oranges Fall*.
Personally, I’d rather watch and recommend this over *Melody of Secrets*, *Love You Teacher*, or *Duang With You*. Those series weren’t necessarily terrible—they’re more in the category of **“not very good, but not exactly bad either.”** 😅
*When Oranges Fall* at least gave me something I genuinely enjoyed: **a peaceful and authentic viewing experience.** And sometimes, that’s enough.
Cats for Cash had a lot of potential, but the execution didn’t fully deliver
Cats for Cash had a lot of potential, but the execution didn’t fully deliver. The story could have been stronger — it felt like there were missing pieces that were never properly explored.The actors did a great job and really committed to their roles, but the overall pacing and development made the series feel a bit like filler in the 2025 BL lineup.
The concept itself was interesting, especially the idea of being able to communicate with cats, but it wasn’t fully explained or developed. It leaves you wondering how that ability came to be and why it plays such a big role in the family.
That said, the cats were definitely a highlight — very cute and added some charm to the series.
Overall, it had good ideas, but with better execution and deeper storytelling, it could have been something much more memorable.
I honestly didn’t expect to love Romance Scammer this much
The story itself is really good, but I do feel like it needed more time or a few more episodes to fully flesh everything out. There were moments that deserved deeper development, and you can tell the potential was there for something even bigger.
That said, it’s still one of the best series I’ve seen this year.
I’ll admit, I completely misjudged Junior and Mark — their performances were actually impressive and added so much depth to the story.
And of course, my biases OhmPoon… they really carried the emotional weight and made the whole experience even more enjoyable.
Overall, a solid watch that deserved more recognition.
Burnout Syndrome is incredibly well-balanced and thoughtfully executed
I loved the story — it feels fresh and genuinely unique.The acting was superb. Every actor delivered a powerful performance, and you can really feel the intensity in each scene. It’s sexy, dangerous, and smart all at the same time.
You can tell the production knew exactly where to invest their budget, and it paid off. The direction especially stands out — everything feels intentional and well-crafted.
Standing ovation to the cast, the director, and everyone who made this possible.
So far, this is the best series I’ve seen this year.
I really like the ArnoldTua storyline
Only Friends 2 – The story feels more rigid and contained within a smaller circle compared to the first Only Friends. This time, the narrative is centered around a stage production of Romeo and Romeo, which becomes a key part of how the story unfolds.I really like the ArnoldTua storyline—their chemistry and sweet, swoon-worthy moments are undeniably captivating and easily grab my attention. As for the other pairs, I’m not as invested. It sometimes feels like there’s too much focus on flirting rather than actually developing the plot.
They’ve already hinted at partner switching and possible infidelity, which could add drama, but right now it feels a bit overemphasized. I think the series would benefit from integrating stronger storytelling alongside the romance to create a better balance and make it more convincing and worth watching.
After finishing the entire series, I have to admit that my excitement ...
The pilot really did feel special. TAY and NEW were phenomenal, and their experience was immediately noticeable. Their chemistry, expressions, delivery, and ability to make even small moments feel natural were probably the strongest parts of the series. The production was also polished, and the first few episodes gave me the impression that we were getting a mature, well-written BL romantic comedy.Unfortunately, somewhere along the way, the story started to lose that momentum.
What initially felt refreshing eventually became predictable, and some of the later episodes felt increasingly forced and, at times, genuinely cringe. The pacing and writing didn't seem to know how to maintain the same level of quality that the series established at the beginning. Instead of building toward something satisfying, the story gradually became more formulaic, and I found myself watching simply because I wanted to finish it rather than because I was still excited about what would happen next.
And that's probably my biggest disappointment: I don't think the problem was TAY and NEW. I think they deserved a stronger script and roles that made better use of what they're capable of as actors.
They clearly have the experience and chemistry to carry a much more complex and compelling story. There were moments when their performances reminded me exactly why I was so excited about this series in the first place—but the writing didn't always give them enough to work with.
I still think A Dog and a Plane had a genuinely good foundation. The beginning was fun, charming, funny, and full of potential. The production was strong, the cast was enjoyable, and TAYNEW were undoubtedly one of the highlights.
But by the time I reached the ending, I couldn't help thinking:
"This could have been so much better."
I don't regret watching it,but I do feel like the series promised more in its opening episodes than it ultimately delivered.
And honestly, after seeing what TAY and NEW can do, I just want to see them given a script that is worthy of them.
This series had the potential to be even better if it leaned into a more tragic direction
Love You Teacher – This series had the potential to be even better if it leaned into a more tragic direction. The current story is cute and light, but it could have reached top-tier status if it explored deeper emotional themes—like the loss of hope in regaining memories or a more heartbreaking character journey.The cast is undeniably strong—Perth, Santa, Kayavine, and Sammy are all talented actors who can deliver powerful performances. That’s why it feels like a missed opportunity to place them in a more childlike or overly light theme when they’re clearly capable of handling heavier, more dramatic material.
At times, it also feels like this was included in the lineup more as a filler project, possibly to support merchandising and promotions, rather than being fully developed as a standout series.
Apart from having a strong cast and a good story concept, I think it’s also the responsibility of the network and producers to elevate the overall viewing experience. They could have taken a more distinct approach—such as an eerie, dark, or tragic tone—especially since they already have many series with similar light, youthful themes.
Overall, the story could have benefited from being more emotionally layered—portraying a conflicted, struggling character and leaning into a more intense, tear-jerking narrative to truly showcase the actors’ full potential.
Currently watching it 2026
Comparing this to many newer BL series, You're My Sky feels genuinely worth watching. The story is easy to follow, with simple yet effective use of backstories and flashbacks that help the characters feel more grounded instead of overly complicated.What I appreciated most is how the series stays engaging without relying on unnecessary twists or heavy drama. Even though it follows the familiar “youth coming-of-age” type of storyline, it still explores the characters’ emotions, ambitions, and personal struggles in a meaningful way.
Now that I’ve finished the series, I can say the overall plot was definitely worth the watch. What made it stand out for me is its strong focus on basketball dreams and competition — something I rarely see explored this deeply in BL series. The passion, pressure, and dedication tied to the sport made the story feel more immersive and refreshing.
The obsession really clicked for me to the point that I finished the series in less than a week. The pacing kept me invested, and the emotional moments landed naturally without feeling forced.
The acting may not be the strongest among recent BL productions, but the chemistry, storytelling, and sincerity of the series make up for it. Overall, it’s a simple but heartfelt series that deserves more attention, especially for viewers looking for a BL with sports-driven storytelling and genuine character growth.

