Her acting in a new 2026 action-drama Shiawase Kanako no Koroshiya Seikatsu Season 2 is really good! Both the action fighting scenes and the drama parts.
This dorama is super duper trash. The premise sounded promising. BUT THE REALITY IS IT'S ALL JUST EMPTY TALK.…
It's a typical Netflix Original dramas. Most of them (if not all) fall under the category of "negative dramas" with blatant portrayal in romanticizing crimes (and idolization of crime organizations), justification of violence, revenge for revenge's sake, and other stuff that doesn't contribute to the betterment of our society. But lots of people are somewhat NPCs, so they follow blindly to all these types of mass-hypnosis.
the hot spring water episode should've been the second to last episode lol. Idk why they advertised (and wasted)…
I guess because Takahashi Hikaru is more "well-known" in mainstream TV than Katayama Yuki, so it's just based on marketing point of view. Or, another possibility, she might originally cast to play the YouTuber role but had the scheduling conflict with her shooting for Shiawase Kanako Season 2 (which seemed to be shot around the same time).
Where do you guys keep finding places to watch jdramas? I downloaded the tver app and I watched 3 episodes, but…
For TV-produced J-dramas that aren't available anywhere else, I watch on TVer. TVer only publish first 3 episodes, and the rest are up only per week basis (only until the next episode is aired then that next episode replaced the previous one & so on). So there's no way to binge watch on TVer unless you download each episode when it's there.
Well, I must say I love the ending, Sota got a taste of his own medicine haha because Mariko being in that port…
It seems like there's a role-reversal happening. Mariko would become the one "stalking" Sota, and that might protect him from the dangers of a psycho love-obsessed serial killer police-detective woman. lol... 😂 When I watched this drama, I also watched "Konya mo Serial Killer to Machiawase". There's a psycho serial killer police-detective woman there.
Finished watching! My final verdict: "25 Years of You" is one of the overall best-orchestrated J-dramas in 2026 so far. While it's not a perfect one, (I won't rate this 10/10), but in terms of storyline and general execution, it is exceptional! 9/10
Non just turned 33 on July 13th.🤩 They held her birthday celebration on set during the day of shooting of this…
That would be unfair to the other 2 lead casts. lol. But even already they use too much high contrast & filters here, I guess to make it more "balanced", otherwise Non is the only one looking youthful.
Another Non's big fan here. I'm not into romantic-centric dramas myself, but watching this because of Non, and…
No worries... Mai is (to me) the best female actor that came from the Japanese idol background. Very underrated. She's done a number of movies where she takes the lead roles. But within the TV drama world, for some reason she's not too popular. However, there's one from her that I'd consider as a classic drama, "Nihon Boro Yado Kiko" (with Takahashi Kazuya) that's an absolute must watch.
If you're familiar with torrent, you can go to nyaa.si and search for shiawase kanako there. There's no english sub, but you can translate the separate Japanese .srt subtile file via online subtitle translator.
At this moment there's no other alternative for us non-japanese residents to watch, because DMM is a subscription-based platform limited to Japan. I still hope they will also publish this on Netflix. We want equal access. lol.
although i like sismance a lot not interested by the plot,anyone can tell me if non gets a lot of screentime?…
Another Non's big fan here. I'm not into romantic-centric dramas myself, but watching this because of Non, and also Fukagawa Mai.
All 3 main cast pretty much share their screen-time evenly. Some episodes are more into Risa, others Mai, and others Non. The scenes from Non are interesting to watch because it has some elements of comedy to it, and Non is simply gorgeous. But I have to say the best scenes are the ones from Fukagawa Mai. If you're into Mai, she's really good on taking darker, more depressive roles. Her role here just fits to what she's really good at. Just like Non is a happy & energetic girl at heart, Mai is a melancholic girl. Without them (Non and Mai), this drama would be really boring to watch.
In terms of plot and general story, it's very typical, flat, simple, and not that interesting (it's based upon the Chinese drama), and there are some things that aren't quite relevant to Japanese culture in general. Technically, it's more a C-drama type storyline, not J-drama. But.... Although the plot is flat, there are good conversations about topics such as marriage, companionship, personal boundaries, self-acceptance, etc. So they may help some viewers who currently have some issues in their relationship, job, etc. It's more a thought-provoking urban-life drama than an entertaining one.
To any Non's fans here, I'd recommend watching this along with "Shiawase Kanako Season 2" for balance, especially if you can't watch this one episode in one go. Shiawase Kanako Season 2 is fire!! 🔥🔥🔥
Yamazaki Hirona is an excellent "character actor". She could act very well for different roles of characters with difficult and layered personalities. I'd also recommend watching Shiawase Kanako no Koroshiya Seikatsu Season 2. She's done really good acting there too as a police detective.
Watched the first 2 episodes, and it already feels better than the Season 1. Everything is elevated to the next level especially the action scenes (fighting choreography is top-notch!), and the acting as well (Non's acting is getting way crazier & unhinged here, and so is Yamazaki Hirona). Storyline is more cohesive as well as more dramatic. The arrival of 3 new female assassins have also spiced up the action (Morikawa Aoi is nimble as Ado). I think this is due to the new female screenwriter Matsushima Ruriko. It has that "girl power" element induced to the story.
From the video desc.: A long-form interview with lead actress Nao, discussing *Shadow Work*. She opens up about the shock she felt upon reading the script, her approach to the role of Kaoru, and behind-the-scenes stories from the shoot with co-star Riho Yoshioka, as well as Takumi Kitamura, Jun Miho, and Yoshitaka Hara. She also reflects on how she grappled with the "ultimate decision" depicted in the film.
Looking back on the production, she speaks candidly about the thoughts and emotions she poured into this project.
I'd rate this 9.5/10 from the 3 episodes so far. Highly-likely candidate for one of the best J-dramas in 2026.
TVer only publish first 3 episodes, and the rest are up only per week basis (only until the next episode is aired then that next episode replaced the previous one & so on). So there's no way to binge watch on TVer unless you download each episode when it's there.
When I watched this drama, I also watched "Konya mo Serial Killer to Machiawase". There's a psycho serial killer police-detective woman there.
Here's my review (no spoilers):
https://mydramalist.com/profile/HomeScreenAlchemist/review/602244
But even already they use too much high contrast & filters here, I guess to make it more "balanced", otherwise Non is the only one looking youthful.
Mai is (to me) the best female actor that came from the Japanese idol background. Very underrated. She's done a number of movies where she takes the lead roles. But within the TV drama world, for some reason she's not too popular. However, there's one from her that I'd consider as a classic drama, "Nihon Boro Yado Kiko" (with Takahashi Kazuya) that's an absolute must watch.
There's no english sub, but you can translate the separate Japanese .srt subtile file via online subtitle translator.
At this moment there's no other alternative for us non-japanese residents to watch, because DMM is a subscription-based platform limited to Japan. I still hope they will also publish this on Netflix. We want equal access. lol.
See my hidden comment below.
All 3 main cast pretty much share their screen-time evenly. Some episodes are more into Risa, others Mai, and others Non. The scenes from Non are interesting to watch because it has some elements of comedy to it, and Non is simply gorgeous. But I have to say the best scenes are the ones from Fukagawa Mai. If you're into Mai, she's really good on taking darker, more depressive roles. Her role here just fits to what she's really good at. Just like Non is a happy & energetic girl at heart, Mai is a melancholic girl. Without them (Non and Mai), this drama would be really boring to watch.
In terms of plot and general story, it's very typical, flat, simple, and not that interesting (it's based upon the Chinese drama), and there are some things that aren't quite relevant to Japanese culture in general. Technically, it's more a C-drama type storyline, not J-drama.
But....
Although the plot is flat, there are good conversations about topics such as marriage, companionship, personal boundaries, self-acceptance, etc. So they may help some viewers who currently have some issues in their relationship, job, etc. It's more a thought-provoking urban-life drama than an entertaining one.
To any Non's fans here, I'd recommend watching this along with "Shiawase Kanako Season 2" for balance, especially if you can't watch this one episode in one go. Shiawase Kanako Season 2 is fire!! 🔥🔥🔥
The arrival of 3 new female assassins have also spiced up the action (Morikawa Aoi is nimble as Ado). I think this is due to the new female screenwriter Matsushima Ruriko. It has that "girl power" element induced to the story.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGv-E_Pw2wo
From the video desc.:
A long-form interview with lead actress Nao, discussing *Shadow Work*.
She opens up about the shock she felt upon reading the script, her approach to the role of Kaoru, and behind-the-scenes stories from the shoot with co-star Riho Yoshioka, as well as Takumi Kitamura, Jun Miho, and Yoshitaka Hara. She also reflects on how she grappled with the "ultimate decision" depicted in the film.
Looking back on the production, she speaks candidly about the thoughts and emotions she poured into this project.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7y0-YBLL5Q