➡️ Slip & fall scene in the market Minha: Junho is really good at using his body — not just when he dances, but in his acting too. For example, he pretended to fall so realistically that I actually thought it was real and screamed out of concern. I’m always amazed when I see that.
Junho: The funny thing is, when I pretended to fall, I thought her scream was part of her acting, so I just went along with it. That’s how the moment ended up turning out so naturally fun. https://x.com/itnuyneo/status/1983819812653691197?s=19
Why is this show not that popular? And isn't like any kdrama viewer watching this
🌀The show is very popular in South Korea. The rating is medium high 8-9% (10 Episodes left to air) with competition against popular variety shows and other Sat-Sun dramas. It is not only in Ratings ,but also popular in OTT. It is Netflix Korea No.1 for many days after the first week of airing ⏩https://www.topstarnews.net/news/articleView.html?idxno=15854709#_PA ⏩gooddata_official Instagram https://www.instagram.com/reel/DQTo7lckhZA/?igsh=MXBnNnVmMWI0cGZxcQ== ⏩https://x.com/NuneoLove1/status/1983347893252829549?t=ohivi_z4JvTkzLeiampkaQ&s=19& Here I will like to add a little note cause fans may be curious about that after finding promotions on twitter. Both TF & WYMM claims they were No.1 across all platforms during airing, some international fans at a glance can mistake that both shows can't be 1 . No, they can. Because the Live airing time is different. TF airs first on tvN >> then WYMM airs on SBS. The two dramas are not competing against each other during Live. Ratings are later calculated according to each channel protocol.
🌐 Globally,it got 7 on Non Eng Netflix series. But if you are talking about not getting number 1, honestly I think it has to do with some global viewers can't resonate with South Korea 1997 economic crisis era because I found such tweet in one of TF's hit tweets yesterday. Popular dramas like 'Reply 1997' & '25-21' are also in 1997, but the dramas are about 'Youths' . The theme of youths growing up and fullfilling their dreams that isn't much different from today's dramas.
But in 'Typhoon Family' the protagonists are directly dealing with 1997 IMF (Asian Economic Crisis) which can be a little depressing for global fans to see struggling youths of that time.. Especially young fans who use OTT service.
The drama is quite well-produced , has good acting ,music and directing. The story has well grounded characters. So it is a bit sad to see it is less appreciated by global audience. Yeah, but don't worry too much. This gem has a lot of cult fans,slowly accumulating on twitter . And on mydramalist, you can see the viewers are increasing too due to positive feedback.
Personally, as a Lee Junho fan, I am glad to hear lots of positive feedback on his Acting from fans who newly discover him.
#TyphoonFamily’s rankings in Gooddata FUNdex BuzzWorthiness - 4th Week of October (6 episodes aired)
#1 in TV Drama (🔺1) #1 in TV ALL (Drama & Non-drama) (🔺1) #1 in TV-OTT Drama (🔺2) #2 in TV-OTT ALL (Drama & Non-drama) (🔺1)
Performers in ALL (Drama & Non-drama) #1 - Lee Junho (🔺4) #4 - Kim Minha (🆕 in Top10) Performers in Drama #1 - Lee Junho (🔺4) #4 - Kim Minha (🆕 in Top10) (Non-drama means variety shows, entertainment programs,dating shows.) ✨https://x.com/junholeecious/status/1982966486177329664?s=19
Typhoon Trading bought 500 pairs , the rest are Shoe Park's. Shoe Park owed to Loan Shark. Loan shark took all shoes and wanted to sell them to Pyo trading with a cheap price.
can you explain? Ep 6 rating might looks lower than ep 4. then i checked number of ep. 6 viewers was 2,1 million,…
I don't know how exactly the ratings are calculated but since they are in percentage, it may be calculated based on all airing programs. But like I said, I don't know how they are calculated.
Only I know is SBS, KBS , MBC are free public channels and tvN ,jtbc are cable (paid channels) ,so high ratings on cable channels are usually more hyped by local news.
ML is a fantastic dancer. I love love love love love their promo video!!!!! Even the broken English that ticked…
You are completely new to Lee Junho ? And are you asking Tae poong dancing ? Or Junho's stage performance as an Idol? https://youtu.be/bcp7HxKA8Do?si=WSedr1Jq62Xkxifh You can start here where our male lead teaching his orange tribe members how to dance. You can explore the channel shorts ,there are performance videos of 2025 Midnight Sun Tour.
➡️ Shoe Park Safe Ad
Junho: director was so worried about me but it’d take long if I didn’t do it so I said I’ll do everything myself
minha: IS THIS U
j: yeah all me
m: as expected
J: I said can I spin so I just spun,we saved so much time n filmed quickly
No STUNT DOUBLE
https://x.com/Sshana2/status/1983844421272789100?t=UJoiqgNw3hJqqn9CivmvjQ&s=19
➡️four parodies in #TyphoonFamilyEp6
https://x.com/itnuyneo/status/1983830649644691729?t=EVvRJo5knDb-RbywntftHQ&s=19
➡️ Slip & fall scene in the market
Minha: Junho is really good at using his body — not just when he dances, but in his acting too. For example, he pretended to fall so realistically that I actually thought it was real and screamed out of concern. I’m always amazed when I see that.
Junho: The funny thing is, when I pretended to fall, I thought her scream was part of her acting, so I just went along with it. That’s how the moment ended up turning out so naturally fun.
https://x.com/itnuyneo/status/1983819812653691197?s=19
https://x.com/zainabbbb__/status/1983538558431567896?t=c8ttpA9Qg1LmHxnk8Ulb1Q&s=19
The rating is medium high 8-9% (10 Episodes left to air) with competition against popular variety shows and other Sat-Sun dramas. It is not only in Ratings ,but also popular in OTT. It is Netflix Korea No.1 for many days after the first week of airing
⏩https://www.topstarnews.net/news/articleView.html?idxno=15854709#_PA
⏩gooddata_official Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/reel/DQTo7lckhZA/?igsh=MXBnNnVmMWI0cGZxcQ==
⏩https://x.com/NuneoLove1/status/1983347893252829549?t=ohivi_z4JvTkzLeiampkaQ&s=19&
Here I will like to add a little note cause fans may be curious about that after finding promotions on twitter. Both TF & WYMM claims they were No.1 across all platforms during airing, some international fans at a glance can mistake that both shows can't be 1 . No, they can. Because the Live airing time is different. TF airs first on tvN >> then WYMM airs on SBS. The two dramas are not competing against each other during Live. Ratings are later calculated according to each channel protocol.
🌐 Globally,it got 7 on Non Eng Netflix series. But if you are talking about not getting number 1, honestly I think it has to do with some global viewers can't resonate with South Korea 1997 economic crisis era because I found such tweet in one of TF's hit tweets yesterday.
Popular dramas like 'Reply 1997' & '25-21' are also in 1997, but the dramas are about 'Youths' . The theme of youths growing up and fullfilling their dreams that isn't much different from today's dramas.
But in 'Typhoon Family' the protagonists are directly dealing with 1997 IMF (Asian Economic Crisis) which can be a little depressing for global fans to see struggling youths of that time.. Especially young fans who use OTT service.
The drama is quite well-produced , has good acting ,music and directing. The story has well grounded characters. So it is a bit sad to see it is less appreciated by global audience.
Yeah, but don't worry too much. This gem has a lot of cult fans,slowly accumulating on twitter . And on mydramalist, you can see the viewers are increasing too due to positive feedback.
Personally, as a Lee Junho fan, I am glad to hear lots of positive feedback on his Acting from fans who newly discover him.
💕https://x.com/CJnDrama/status/1983315342228386153?t=09Oi1fH0MIgwTjeHd318HA&s=19
💕https://x.com/junholeecious/status/1983320331009044957?t=HlQiuO5ZhPd1d5vk0hwWkw&s=193 (Fan translation Eng Sub)
The next arc -Helmet sales in Thailand.
And no sign of Pyo father & son duo in the trailer of Thailand arc .
#1 in TV Drama (🔺1)
#1 in TV ALL (Drama & Non-drama) (🔺1)
#1 in TV-OTT Drama (🔺2)
#2 in TV-OTT ALL (Drama & Non-drama) (🔺1)
Performers in ALL (Drama & Non-drama)
#1 - Lee Junho (🔺4)
#4 - Kim Minha (🆕 in Top10)
Performers in Drama
#1 - Lee Junho (🔺4)
#4 - Kim Minha (🆕 in Top10)
(Non-drama means variety shows, entertainment programs,dating shows.)
✨https://x.com/junholeecious/status/1982966486177329664?s=19
📰https://www.topstarnews.net/news/articleView.html?idxno=15854709#_PA
https://x.com/itnuyneo/status/1982277129145610280?t=p746gn_07SxvOqoJCVc8xg&s=19
Typhoon Trading bought 500 pairs , the rest are Shoe Park's.
Shoe Park owed to Loan Shark. Loan shark took all shoes and wanted to sell them to Pyo trading with a cheap price.
#😲TyphoonFamily Viewership Ratings Promise (ft. Taepoong caused trouble again LOL 🤣)
https://x.com/junholeecious/status/1982812727157702716?t=OqAY4cKoiNFB2vJtD-gE3Q&s=19
💕Junho recorded OST different from his acting voice
https://x.com/junholeecious/status/1982805931659567529?t=iSmK2eLgH_vVjPj4RD5Wmw&s=19
https://x.com/gongjicheoIs/status/1982806709195198765?t=mM6Fr8ZqQDr1kL5F45nbEg&s=19
💕Minha singing her OST livestream
https://x.com/gongjicheoIs/status/1982813529603190929?t=QrHlkxCY-9aKP7jRifZ1NA&s=19
💕Pong-Seon relationship
https://x.com/gongjicheoIs/status/1982810131810202108?t=JpoDG70xkZT0M7OKzFOnIw&s=19
💕Junho said there will be something particularly fun on this week's episode
https://x.com/gongjicheoIs/status/1982807813651861802?t=xQuOAk9Ere4hWyNFPHUsDw&s=19
Only I know is SBS, KBS , MBC are free public channels and tvN ,jtbc are cable (paid channels) ,so high ratings on cable channels are usually more hyped by local news.
(In another world ,if we meet)
➡️https://www.instagram.com/p/DQTq_Omk87t/?img_index=1&igsh=MXB1NzRrN2VpeXB4eQ==
National / Seoul Metropolitan
Ep 1: 5.874% / 5.730%
Ep 2: 6.826% / 6.321%
Ep 3: 7.399% / 7.040%
Ep 4: 9.012% / 8.498%
Ep 5: 7.068% / 6.614%
Ep 6: 8.877% / 8.496%
https://x.com/junholeecious/status/1982583731480355282?t=8A0C72fpKPutz6B6tt-PTw&s=19
The Top 10 Dramas that generated the most buzz this week are as follows :
1🎉.#TyphoonFamily 20.87%
2.#WouldYouMarryMe 13.82%
3.#GenieMakeAWish 12.54%
4.#MsIncognito
5.#TheDreamLifeofMrKim
6.#ToTheMoon
7.#ShinsProject
8.#TheMurkyStream
9.#WalkingOnThinIce
10.#YouAndEverythingElse
'✨gooddata_official Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/reel/DQTo7lckhZA/?igsh=MXBnNnVmMWI0cGZxcQ==
https://x.com/itideology/status/1982748967491485824?t=kZPupO2PMHjIkXFk6bJbig&s=19
Around 2.39 mark 💛https://youtu.be/coBcUu0_10s?si=ZgIaDYQJ0o7gkiKI
Junho always does these kind of scenes by himself. No body double.
Or Junho's stage performance as an Idol?
https://youtu.be/bcp7HxKA8Do?si=WSedr1Jq62Xkxifh
You can start here where our male lead teaching his orange tribe members how to dance.
You can explore the channel shorts ,there are performance videos of 2025 Midnight Sun Tour.
If you want more, these are his fan channels which regularly updates fancams
▶️Nuneogun
https://youtube.com/@nuneogun0125?si=bnFzK0Wjb-LyixOb
▶️LetMeDoIt
https://youtube.com/@letmedo_it?si=8x0hsWJKrYcfSgRa
▶️Bestveta
https://youtube.com/@bestveta002?si=ly2ouaIFqbp9x9HR
https://youtube.com/@bestveta002