Details

  • Last Online: 23 minutes ago
  • Gender: Female
  • Location: Hong Kong
  • Contribution Points: 621 LV5
  • Roles: VIP
  • Join Date: June 5, 2019
  • Awards Received: Finger Heart Award77 Flower Award335 Coin Gift Award10 Golden Tomato Award1 Reply Goblin Award5 Dumpster Fire Award1 Lore Scrolls Award13 Spoiler-Free Captain Award1 Cleansing Tomato Award2 Drama Bestie Award3 Emotional Support Commenter1 Comment of Comfort Award2 Hidden Gem Recommender1 Conspiracy Theorist1 Gaslight, Gatekeep, Girlboss6 Clap Clap Clap Award12 Drama Therapist Award2 Award Hoarder Enabler1 Wholesome Troll2 Emotional Support Viewer1 Sassy Tomato2 Free Range Tomato1 Tomato of Chaos1 Thread Historian3 Boba Brainstormer2 Notification Ninja1 Lore Librarian2 Mic Drop Darling2 Emotional Bandage1 Reply Hugger2 Soulmate Screamer1 Big Brain Award9
Replying to SakuraDream • 16 days ago
How are the next few episodes after?
It’s really good - I just didn’t expect that opening. But if you recall the LYF opening was also…
1 0
Replying to PeachBlossomGoddess • 16 days ago
Yeah bald faced lies. It is obviously Ming dynasty.
Zhu Di was a real historical figure, one of the great emperors in history. He and his father the founding emperor were considered the greatest Ming emperors. While he did do some very controversial things, during his reign including deposing his nephew, this story about the Shen family is fictionalized so it would be distorting history. Disclaimer notwithstanding, most Chinese audiences would immediately recognize from the costumes and the political purge which dynasty and which emperor.
2 3
On Against the Current • 16 days ago
I am so glad Tan Songyun and Liu Xueyi have the good sense not to try to play their younger selves. I wouldn't have minded at all if the young actress had just continued but I guess that would have gotten lots of people's diapers tied up in knots.
18 5
Replying to PeachBlossomGoddess • 16 days ago
Title Against the Current Spoiler
Screenwriter is Tong Hua - original author of Lost You Forever. This is a crying drama.
If you need a happy ending, don't watch it.
3 1
Replying to PeachBlossomGoddess • 16 days ago
Screenwriter is Tong Hua - original author of Lost You Forever. This is a crying drama.
Its a heart wrenching story about love and loss - the title says it all.
3 2
Replying to Swizzleberry • 16 days ago
Whew. That first episode was one of the bleakest I have watched, like, ever. Made me tear up. Sets the tone for…
Screenwriter is Tong Hua - original author of Lost You Forever. This is a crying drama.
11 6
Replying to PeachBlossomGoddess • 16 days ago
Title Against the Current Spoiler
Yeah bald faced lies. It is obviously Ming dynasty.
And the sitting emperor is obviously Zhu Di/Yongle Emperor, the third Ming emperor who was a regional prince who seized the throne from his nephew. Cheng Yi (young) and Feng Shaofeng (old) played him in The Imperial Age.
4 0
Replying to Phoenix23 • 17 days ago
Title Against the Current Spoiler
So true..how did that pass censorship?
killing kids to squeeze some audience tears is just a NO for me.
3 0
Replying to whoissilmoy • 17 days ago
The intro is very pretty. It explicitly states, "the drama does not correspond to any real historical dynasty.…
Yeah bald faced lies. It is obviously Ming dynasty.
5 6
On The Long Watch • 18 days ago
So this is set in Minzhong, which is a fictional place but it should be Fujian. Which is right across from Taiwan.
6 1
Replying to Situda Ayesha • 19 days ago
It's a good and intriguing story....but I am confused about the characters, like who is on China and who is on…
I will be off on vacation soon so I don't know if I will be able to complete this but I have translated the titles/sides of the characters and added it to the cast list. Hopefully MDL will update shortly.
3 0
Replying to ElBee • 19 days ago
The Long Watch? Or was it something else? The others are just Clash or Confrontation on here… wouldn’t it…
Yeah cross swords, clash, confrontation etc all work - nothing at all like The Long Watch. 😅 I just thought it is a cheeky title bc to me that sounds like uhm... boring.... the loooonnnnggg watch....
1 1
Replying to aya • 21 days ago
Review Regeneration
Two years later... But can you spoil the differences between the novel and the drama for me.. (ofcourse only if…
I am afraid I don’t remember anymore but if you scroll through the comment section I think it is discussed.
1 1
Replying to PeachBlossomGoddess • 22 days ago
Yes they filmed all 3 instalments at the same time. But they have only invested in the post production/CGI one…
Yes I did but it is not as good as the first movie. It deviated from the novel to the point it was an entire new story so Chinese audiences panned it.
1 0
Replying to Catalyst1999 • 23 days ago
Thank you PBG ❤️ Just watched this…on my TV and in 2026😬 So the CGI is a bit on the lame side 😆 You’re…
Yes they filmed all 3 instalments at the same time. But they have only invested in the post production/CGI one at a time. The second instalment didn't do as well at the box office so the third one did not come out during this year's spring festival. I have not heard whether we will ever get to see it.
1 2
Replying to Nahlabee4 • 25 days ago
Title Awaken
If you liked The Lost Identity, The Message and The Infiltrator. You will likely enjoy this one too.I have only…
Thanks for the helpful color. I didn't watch any of those but I like FSF's acting, esp in more mature roles these past few years. I share your views on Gulnezer and she is the main reason I hesitate.
1 0