Details

  • Last Online: 44 minutes ago
  • Gender: Female
  • Location: Hong Kong
  • Contribution Points: 621 LV5
  • Roles: VIP
  • Join Date: June 5, 2019
  • Awards Received: Finger Heart Award77 Flower Award335 Coin Gift Award10 Golden Tomato Award1 Reply Goblin Award5 Dumpster Fire Award1 Lore Scrolls Award13 Spoiler-Free Captain Award1 Cleansing Tomato Award2 Drama Bestie Award3 Emotional Support Commenter1 Comment of Comfort Award2 Hidden Gem Recommender1 Conspiracy Theorist1 Gaslight, Gatekeep, Girlboss6 Clap Clap Clap Award12 Drama Therapist Award2 Award Hoarder Enabler1 Wholesome Troll2 Emotional Support Viewer1 Sassy Tomato2 Free Range Tomato1 Tomato of Chaos1 Thread Historian3 Boba Brainstormer2 Notification Ninja1 Lore Librarian2 Mic Drop Darling2 Emotional Bandage1 Reply Hugger2 Soulmate Screamer1 Big Brain Award9
Replying to earwhipper • 30 days ago
Indeed Luyao and Yu Hou were the highlights of episode 7. I find them both such richly intriguing and dynamic…
Welp... he is a salty character for sure!!!
2 1
Replying to PeachBlossomGoddess • 30 days ago
Title Remnants of Gold Spoiler
Tang Zheng should be Luyao's ghostlike husband.
And I believe Deng Tan is one of Futu's men who died dead. The one with the distorted eyelid.
1 4
Replying to earwhipper • 30 days ago
Title Remnants of Gold Spoiler
Indeed Luyao and Yu Hou were the highlights of episode 7. I find them both such richly intriguing and dynamic…
That scene surprised me too. I think there is a lot more to Bancha who doesn't lie than meets the eye. Maybe he is a guardian but he doesn't know exactly where the gold is? My sense is he is very watchful, always hovering but in no real hurry to jump into the fray unless he absolutely has to.
3 3
Replying to TaraVerde • 30 days ago
Already on EP 6. Enjoying it a lot with each passing episode.I'm having fun with all the characters so far. I…
Ah ok I didn't get past the first chapter and I read a review trashing MZY's performance in the series - since she was Eastern Heretic's disciple I assumed she would be in that chapter but maybe not. And yeah actress is on my HELL NO list.
0 1
Replying to PeachBlossomGoddess • 30 days ago
Title Remnants of Gold Spoiler
The General was always Yu Hou's moral anchor that reined in his love for the good life. All hell broke loose when…
Its well known, no child is safe in Chinese dramas.😅
1 0
Replying to earwhipper • 30 days ago
Title Remnants of Gold Spoiler
Indeed Luyao and Yu Hou were the highlights of episode 7. I find them both such richly intriguing and dynamic…
I thought the eagle scratched Futu as a rebuke bc his falconer was killed.

I find it quite unbelievable that no one else has figured out the General is dead. And then I think of Mitch McConnell...
1 1
Replying to TaraVerde • 30 days ago
As the saying goes: Everyone is brave until a flying cockroach appears. Valid around the world lol
My bro is a big guy with a petite wife.... the way he hides behind her and hollers "Honey... " at the sight of a cockroach is comedy gold.
6 0
Replying to TaraVerde • 30 days ago
Already on EP 6. Enjoying it a lot with each passing episode.I'm having fun with all the characters so far. I…
I don't really mind adaptations that reimagine the plot but I get irritated when it doesn't come out better. With stories that already check all the boxes, I think the production should stick to the original unless they think they can do better. I gave up on the Eastern Heretics chapter bc MZY annoyed me too much. 😅
0 3
Replying to AleksandraSucur • 30 days ago
Title Remnants of Gold Spoiler
If it isn't, what would be the reason for the gold guardians to keep it in the desert instead of spending it in…
So far, the gold guardian is only Bana and possibly Bancha. Maybe there were more of them in the past (30 years ago) but they died out? And indeed my first reaction to the 300k taels is - dude that's gonna be near impossible to move without the whole town knowing.
I am not sure who you mean kept Futu and his gang alive. Futu was colluding with Yu Hao and Ha Bingzhou to find the gold. So far it is suggested that Luyao was lured back to the desert by Futu to reveal the location of the gold. I think they needed her abilities to get pass the poison that the gold guardians were using.
0 3
Replying to PeachBlossomGoddess • 30 days ago
Title Remnants of Gold Spoiler
The General was always Yu Hou's moral anchor that reined in his love for the good life. All hell broke loose when…
Well... at surface it seems to be a line that doesn't stop at killing a kid... But as long as he doesn't pollute the well he is still a good guy???
1 2
Replying to MyLangyaList • 30 days ago
I'm now intrigued by the idea of an ancient crossbow, that shoots out mutant flying cockroaches. Drone warfare…
LOL - the entire course of history as we know it could be different...
1 1
Replying to redshoe1000 • 30 days ago
Title Remnants of Gold Spoiler
yeah, I'm convinced the "treasure" is going to be something random, lost in translation or something
I suspect its real but everyone dies trying to get it and it remains a myth of the Gobi desert.
1 0
Replying to earwhipper • 30 days ago
Title Remnants of Gold Spoiler
Indeed Luyao and Yu Hou were the highlights of episode 7. I find them both such richly intriguing and dynamic…
I am not sure I trust Bancha. I alternated between wondering whether he was a guardian or whether he was simply also biding his time in the hope that Bana would reveal the location of the gold.
2 5
Replying to SilverLotus • 30 days ago
Title Remnants of Gold Spoiler
I watched episodes 7 and 8 back to back. A few thoughts, with spoilers for both: Episode 7 was easier to predict…
The General was always Yu Hou's moral anchor that reined in his love for the good life. All hell broke loose when he learned he was dead.
3 4
On Remnants of Gold • 30 days ago
Bancha's salt crossbow reminds me of my bro's Bug A-Salt Gun (search Amazon.com). He is terrified of cockroaches and uses it to shoot them dead. Yeah before you ROFL, know that HK has these gigantic mutant flying cockroaches that can scare the daylights out of anyone.
4 5
Replying to TaraVerde • Aug 29, 2026
Already on EP 6. Enjoying it a lot with each passing episode.I'm having fun with all the characters so far. I…
I am less familiar with Xu Bing's works - I loved his Fearless Blood but Legend of Heroes was an unspeakable atrocity and desecration of Jin Yong's most popular work. Unlike Jin Yong, Gu Long never created any iconic female characters. So I wonder if he is turning in his grave or pleased with Zhang Luyao.

As for Chen Kun - he takes so few roles these days I am just happy as a clam to see him show up cross dressing here! I don't mind if he takes darker roles. I always thought villains are a lot more interesting than heroes.
3 5
Replying to plwyyyy • Aug 28, 2026
Title Remnants of Gold Spoiler
Is Chen Kun character gonna be a villain? Feels like it after ep6 reveal
I am not at ep 6 yet but I suspected Chen Kun’s role is a villain role from the start. He is just a deputy commander of some godforsaken post far from the capital but he has a fondness of Jiangnan silk PJs and underclothes. He also owns a fake zither (meaning he can’t afford the real thing). That suggests he may be after the gold - but then maybe so is Bancha. It’s a treasure hunt to maybe that doesn’t exactly make them villains per se.
2 0
Replying to PeachBlossomGoddess • Aug 28, 2026
Title Remnants of Gold Spoiler
So do we think the 300k teals of gold is it a MacGuffin?
I mean, that should weigh more than 11,000 kg! Good luck trying to hide/move that!!!
1 0