• Birthday: May 07
  • Join Date: September 9, 2015
Bandage
Oct 14, 2015
You're reading this review wondering if you should watch this movie or not so I will try to quickly summarize what you will encounter if you choose to watch it. (lower down, I will go in to a bit more detail.)

The story revolves around LANDS, a five member rock/punk/pop band who hasn't made it big yet but is one hit away from a break through. Due to the pressure of showbiz the members start losing themselves and the reason they play music. Because some members in the band are more valued than others they also start losing faith in each other.

This is not a love story. Even though they are generous with scenes of the male and female lead connecting, it doesn't show the usual "boy meets girl" kind of love but rather the fine line between hating someone and loving someone with the focus on the frustration of losing yourself and becoming someone you hate. Because the movie is about such a sensitive thing the feel to it is very dark and gloomy. The colors are very grey-ish and faded and even though it does contain a lot of music, it has a few beautiful scenes with no soundtrack at all.

The acting is decent. There isn't much to say about it. Some scenes were better than others and some scenes were like watching a dog try to communicate with a fish, random, difficult to understand and confusing. Their feelings didn't always reach me while some scenes were surprisingly convincing and heart breaking. I wouldn't blame it all on the actors though. I think they did a pretty good job considering that the characters weren't as well developed and worked out as they should have been.
Since the selling point of the movie is to make you see the change in the characters as the movie goes, the lack of actual characteristics was a big miss. Instead of showing the audience what the people are like, they list it up in a conversation between the lead roles near the end of the film.

This is one of many details they didn't execute well for this movie, which made a lot of the scenes hollow and confusing. Personally i felt like i didn't know the characters well enough to actually sympathize with them and because of the constant time skipping I didn't really feel like i even had the time to process what was going on. This made it very difficult to understand the relationship between the characters and there for I didn't get as much out of it as i would have wanted.

I don't want to comment too much on the music since it's very difficult to judge but i think they did a good job creating the right atmosphere in some of the scenes. The additional music by the band is something I'm a bit more critical about. Since their intention is for you to notice the sudden change in the bands music, the film makers try to convince you that LANDS were playing rock in the beginning and then started playing pop after they sold themselves cheap. The reason I'm not convinced is because the songs played in the movie weren't really rock to begin with and they made it clear that the band members didn't know what they were doing either. That isn't all bad though. It actually made the feel to it more realistic, apart from the fact that they were supposed to have played for at least 10 years together already.

So to finish this review off,

The story was good, it had a lot potential and I think that the topic of losing yourself and becoming someone you hate is a very interesting subject to make a film about. Sadly the movie didn't really live up to my expectations because of hollow characters and lack of detail. There was a lot of time skipping which made it difficult to grasp the feeling of the atmosphere and understand the relationship between characters which made heart breaking scenes less heart breaking since I didn't feel like i could connect to the character or feel sympathy for them.
The scenes were beautiful though and the music was good and appropriate not to mention that some of the dialog was moving.

Over all i give it a 8.5/10 because I actually enjoyed watching it and despite my negativity, it was a pretty nice movie.

A Korean Odyssey
Mar 7, 2018
A generous 3/10....

.... because I have never experience frustration like this, ever before.

I don't even know where to start, to be honest.......

+ Positives
- Negatives
= Summary
~ I recommend this to...

Let's get this death over with

+++++++ POSITIVES +++++++++

+ The acting was good. I think the whole cast did a good job portraying their roles even though their characters weren't that well made to begin with.

+ The relationships between the characters are amazing. Some supporting characters had a beautiful romance bloom from innocent caring and that's a kind of purity you don't see often in modern day dramas.

+ There were definitely some funny moments in this drama that made me chuckle or smile or sometimes laugh out loud. The comments and the way the characters are interacting with each others, was at times, very entertaining and gave them a very special bond.

+ The story took turns that some other dramas avoid because of the great risk that the audience disapproves. In my opinion, risky moves like killing off characters or confusing the hearth is a good way to capture the audience and make them feel something.

----------------- NEGATIVES -------------------------

- All the characters have a character development except for the, dense, ignorant, clumsy, slow, innocent, annoying, female lead. She doesn't do anything except make things harder for everyone else in this drama and she was the one who needed the development the most. I think the writers got too stuck in victimizing here, there was no space left to make her human.

- The story does not follow it's original so this version has enough plot holes to make cheese with holes in it, feel ashamed of itself.

- The story builds up way too much into something that doesn't even climax. I was severely disappointed with the twists and obstacles that were constantly introduced. I have to admit that some twists were really sweet and really good but for the majority of the time it was dog noise.

- Some of the dialogue didn't make sense.

- The CG was worse than some, early 2000 Japanese horror films, I've seen

- The focus was in the wrong place most of the time. The way the creators proceeded the story made it seem like things were only happening to support their romance, instead of their romance being something that bloomed from the incidents. A bit like those high school movies where something completely illogical happens just to make the main couple share a room and create tension. This drama would have been a lot better if the romance was a part of the story and not the center of it.

- The romance in itself was a never ending tug-of-war which is the result of having it in the spotlight. When you want to focus on something but there isn't enough content, it ends up repeating itself.

okay, enough!

========== SUMMARY ============

For the most part, I was disappointed watching this. Even though it did really well with character interactions and relationships, not to mention the great chemistry provided by the actors, the writers failed at their most crucial points. The plot. Even though this is based on a novel, I think the writers took the opportunity to free style a bit, which was a huge mistake on their part. Their desire for wanting more than they could achieve, resulted in major plot holes and a lot of build up without climax.

~~~~~~~~~ I RECOMMEND THIS TO ~~~~~~~~~~~

People who like romance no matter the quality of the story. Even if this is more of a spicy romance with some action, tragedy and blood, the main focus here is love and it comes in all sorts of varieties. If you're easily scared; there will be some blood but this should not be considered a horror drama. If you've ever seen a bad horror movie and made it through, you'll be fine watching this.

The Innocent Man
May 9, 2017
2/10

...because there is never a good enough excuse for using amnesia more than once...

This is by far one of the worst dramas I have ever seen. Not because the plot is average but because the execution is laughable.

So who doesn't like a good Kdrama with some drama and a twist, but when every episode is nothing but drama and plot twists, you kind of lose the thread. You know... that red thread that keeps everything together? I'm still looking for it in this drama... it's not there!!

There were so many things that didn't make sense to me and I feel like the writers had no clue what direction they wanted the show to take so they just did EVERYTHING. If a decision was made, they would change it a few minutes later just to change it back again and then lastly go with the second thing after all. So much back and forth for no reason. so many twists on twists I thought I was going insane.

I should have dropped it on the first episode. You can really see how bad it is when they add completely useless scenes that have absolutely nothing to do with anything, without any dialogue or mood set.

There was no character development or growth, what so ever and I was always surprised by the new things they added to the show, when convenient, that would disappear just as fast or would turn out to be a big part of the story. Which is crazy cause they never left any clues or anything.

I have one good comment about this show: Nice soundtrack!

I have one question about this show (actually, I have a million questions but..) : How much of the budget went from writing to bottle tears?

and lastly.... This is impossible to binge so don't even try

Dropped 16/32
Lovely Horribly
Sep 18, 2018
Dropped 0
This drama started out with great potential. It had a very interesting plot to begin with and there were many things to be curious about... until the third episode...

Content:
- A stubborn, strong but slightly dense female lead.
- A very obnoxious, hard to love male lead.
- A very likable and kind second lead.
- Funny and annoying sub characters.
- A lot of accidents and near death events.
- Reused scenes from all romance dramas ever since 2010.
- 1 episode building a plot device which is completely undone in the next episode. (every episode)
- Plot holes.
- LIGHT horror.
- Some kind of romance.

The reason I dropped this drama was because they kept creating plot holes and doing things without any logical reason. Even fantasy dramas need to follow some logic to make it all believable, doesn't matter if it's real logic or made up logic. We need some rules. They were also concentrating episodes to different events that were going to happen but by the next episode the writers just went "Never mind" and then they undid everything and went on to the next event that will never happen. Eventually I stopped caring about the characters. They could die for all I care, as long as something starts carrying the plot. Sadly, the plot still hadn't gotten anywhere and a lot of weird relations were formed without any background, sense, or logic.

Unbearable to watch....
...ENJOY

My ID is Gangnam Beauty
Sep 18, 2018
This drama is not too different from your usual high school / college drama. It brings up things like friendships and dating morals, the societies view on beauty and sets a lot of emphasis on romance.

Content:
- Your usual pretty female lead with a sad back story and a reason to be bullied
- Your usual pretty second lead who is secretly on your "kill" list.
- Your usual pretty male lead who is untouchable to all girls except one.
- Scumbag men carelessly hitting on girls and valuing them by looks.
- Bullying.
- family matters
- beauty matters.
-Loads of cute, romantic but cliché moments.
- Average to low level acting.

This show comes at physical contact in a very reserved, awkward and intense kind of way. It will drag out the romance and have it frustrate you until the end. It doesn't go too deep into any serious matters but finishes off with some good messages. I didn't feel touched emotionally in any way so I would say this is a light watch for those who love romance and good looking people with some light conflict and drama.

ENJOY

Brother's Friend
CONTENT
*House wife ready female lead
*Innocent and illogical male lead
*Sadistic brother
*Evil because of love cousin
*Love guru dog master, shop keeper

*No skin ship
*A lot of awkward scenes
*Innocence
*The attempt to a love triangle
*Misunderstandings
*Miscommunication

With a stern focus on romance, the main characters meet, fall in love at first sight then confess their feelings to begin a relationship, making this movie about the hardships of dating. These aren't really hardships as much as they are misunderstandings and miscommunication though, leading to some very unnecessary and dragged out conflict. With a few extra supporting characters thrown in there, to both wreck and fix their relationship, the journey continues, frustratingly.

In my opinion,

the characters had little to no personalities which prevented them from being relatable and the fast pace made their love seem so shallow that their feelings were hard to believe. The acting was a bit on the beginner side, which is very common in this type of genre but I can't say the script was of any help since the dialogue and the screen writing, over all, could have been better.

This type of relationship is actually pretty uncommon in Japan. The newer generations have become more daring and forward as well as less conservative when it comes to dating and skin ship which makes this movie feel a bit irrelevant and clueless about it's country's youth current stand point. This is actually a pretty big deal breaker for me, lowering the enjoyment quality by quite a bit.

BUT

If you like awkward romance movies with very little skin ship and miscommunication based misunderstandings but don't care much about characters personalities or developments then

We Love
CONTENT
*A shy female lead with some serious social anxiety and low self esteem.
*A two faced male lead who goes from spirit breaker to fuzzle bear in a second.
*Some extra characters to stir up the love and cause some jealousy
*The friends...
*Light skin ship such as hugs and a fake kiss
*Below average acting
*Poor dialogue and screen writing

REVIEW
A light, shojo manga based movie about mentally damaging the person you love until they love you back. Sounds like it a very interesting psychological thriller but it's not. Instead, it's a high school romance themed story with very simple characters and a fast pace progression.

The main characters have one strong characteristic each to set the important detail of their relationship and the supporting characters are just plot devices to make the love progress and to make it easier for the viewer to understand the situation. Their dialogue consists mainly of remarks towards the main leads or their romance. They never talk about anything else.

Without any parallell story telling or character development, this romance goes from A to Z with mild conflict, and light skin ship, reaching no further than to some hand holding, hugging and a fake kiss.

WHY 2/10?

Most shojo manga movie adaptions set the quality bar pretty low but even so, this movie did not do that well in it's own genre. I occasionally enjoy some romance with light conflict as it doesn't drag out misunderstandings until I throw up in frustration but I will probably never watch this again because it's actually a very boring film. The characters don't have personalities, developments or depth. There are no parallell stories to build on the characters relationships and the progression was quite fast paced and unfulfilling.

To be a bit on the extreme, if we think about this realistically this could be taken as encouragement of mental abuse because it supposedly makes one stronger.... which is not true. This kind of mental abuse is not something a person snaps out of and gains self esteem from. It's something that brainwashes a person until they get therapeutic help that can go on for an eternity and even then, the person will occasionally consider their existence unneeded.

But if you're the kind of person who enjoys light, shojo manga adaptations with light conflict then I hope you ENJOY!!

My Runway
May 11, 2019
Based on a concept known to most drama watchers, this drama focuses on the blooming romance of two people who share the same dream, in a light and comedic way. With a minimum amount of drama and quick problem solving, the whole greatness of a grown man high pitch screaming at his own penis made this drama easy to binge and leaves you in a great mood rather than frustration. To complete the scene, the writers came up with just the right support squad consisting of lovable characters with their own flaws, concerns and secrets, making this drama feel more realistic and fulfilled.

We have the clumsy and naive high school female lead.
The arrogant and unpleasant but secretly thoughtful male lead.
The understanding and supportive best friend.
The male model variety squad and of course that girl who just ruins it for everyone.

Paying some extra respect to actor Kang Dong Ho for turning into a real high school girl the moment the director said action, made me question if the creators had really found a way to switch bodies. Park Ji Yeon also did a great job playing a man, but the young woman in her came out at times which kind of broke the spell for me.
Although being supporters, the other cast members did a great job in giving life to their characters as well. Considering that the males had to do quite some daring acting, they all seemed comfortable and natural while doing it.

Being of a lower budget and having a shorter than average run time, this drama did feel a bit unrealistic at times. Although the unrealistic depiction of a models life can be forgiven, I'm not sure the scene where the main leads switch their bodies back, can. This is a fiction but theres still such a thing as taking it too far which was a big mistake on the writers side. Therefore, this drama gets kind of a childish stamp.

So if you like cute and conservative romance and is comfortable or enjoy skinship and close interaction between good looking men, then you might like this drama. It's light and bingable and is the perfect medicine if you're having a bad day.

Memories of the Alhambra
May 5, 2019
PLOT
The plot description of this drama hasn't been done justice on a lot of sites. It's actually a lot more interesting than they make it seem, so here is my version of it:

After getting a strange call about a game that would change the entire world of technology, The co-founder of an investment company, Yoo Jin Woo, travels to Granada, Spain in an attempt to meet the creator and buy the game before his rival and former best friend, Hyeong Seok gets to it.
Forced to stay at a run down guest house, in wait of the creator, Se Ju, Jin Woo plays the new game in an attempt to learn more about it. But as he levels up, things are changing for the worse and Se Ju still hasn't showed up.

REVIEW
The story was well built and stuck to it's logic until the end. I feel like they made this fictional world as realistic as they could while adding a dimension to it as they jump between time lines. Although you might feel like you've seen the same scene many times before, every time it's presented to you, a new clue has been added to it. So this is definitely not a lazy watch. It's a drama that deserves all your attention while watching it.

The theme of the drama is artistic and dark while carefully mixing in the charms of Spain and the lightness of supporting characters. There isn't too much blood being shown apart from the average amount that usually comes out of a body when you stab it, shoot it, or piece it but other than that, they kept it realistic.

There is a love story amongst all the fighting and backstabbing, that didn't steal too much focus from what this drama actually is about. I found the romance to be comfortable, well paced and cute in a way that isn't like a oily, cheesy pizza.

The characters where all memorable in their own way and they all had a reason for existing. The grandmother brings comfort and nostalgia to the audience of Koreans with grandmothers like her, in the nightmare like atmosphere.

The little sister is the embodiment of cupid as the main function of her dialogue is to get the romance going between the two main characters as she also lightens the mood.

The "adopted" best friend of the female lead is the logical side of things. He is there to act on the logic that most people would be thinking in the circumstances which balances out with the female lead who completely lives off of fairy dust.

I wish the female lead was less passive and actually had a chance to join in on the dangers of this game. Having a female character fight along side the male lead would have been so refreshing but sadly, she's mostly just crying or fueling the male leads ego while having a pretty bad Spanish accent. She did her best though.

The male lead is quite a cliché character with his hot temper and rude comments, carrying such a hard and cold facade, but the writers did give him a very humane and good side as well so I ended up falling for him at the end anyway.

Of course there are more characters in this drama, that I didn't mention, like:
The old man you would like to strangle with a shoe lace.
The fluffy, cute, innocent, man baby who doesn't get what he deserves.
The famous person who stirs the pot and so on...

So if you like games and the thought of games becoming a reality. Or you're a fan of crime and investigation, you might actually like this drama. Bringing you the feels and many reasons to cry, this might be one of the best dramas this year.

Warrior Baek Dong Soo
Dec 10, 2018
CONTENT.
The energetic and loyal, no skill main character we all come to love as he grows into the countries best swordsman.
The good looking, dark, painfilled cool best friend with a sad past and inevitable fate.
The dorky, funny, weird, tomboyish, emotionless sub characters.
Evil minds and brainless henchmen.
The royal pain in the grass who has no royal power and is just a puppet of evil.

The hero goes through a lot of pain and learns many lessons before he becomes the best, while his best friend follows the opposite path to the dark side believing it's his destiny.

There are a lot of fighting scenes, blood and killing. People will die, both good and evil while some fight death like little cockroaches. While lighting up the drama with a bit of comedy and friendship, the romance is limited and so is the skinship. This is a story focused on corruption, loyalty, destiny and finding one self, paced in a slow manner with stories from the characters birth, child years, teenage years and adult years.

I gave this drama a generous 3/10. Beause even though everything was complete horse weed, I couldn't stop watching and I was always entertained or moved.

The bad things about this drama:

The special effects are ridiculously bad and not very believable.
The fighting scenes look very fake sometimes.
The acting was average.
The script was not very well written. Some dialogue was awkward or unnecessary.
The directing was not good since it sometimes made the story fall apart.
Some scenes were badly cut or were really not needed.
Logic dies now and then for entertainment purposes.
The story was confusing because they often went off track.

If you can see past these points then please give this drama a chance. The original soundtrack was one of the best I have ever heard and some scenes are like beautiful artwork that you can't forget!

ENJOY!!!!

Hi! School - Love On
Nov 13, 2018
This drama was definitely made for a younger audience. Although it doesn't have that exaggerated feel and it does tend to get quite serious with some issues it didn't go deep enough for me to get emotional.

it contains your typical female lead who wants to befriends with everybody and never hates or gets mad at anyone. The two "handsome" boys (who, of course, are idol actors) fighting over the female lead. Jealous mean girls. Meat head bullies with a sad past. Crazy side characters. Class clichés. Accidents and intendidents. Cheesy romance stuff that will make you puke if you've lost your virginity and last but not least; limited skinship.

The romance here is safe for children of all ages and this is because the female lead was 14 and the male lead was 23 when they shot this drama. They share one kiss and then the skinship is limited to one hug every 8 episode.

The soundtrack was really annoying. They fit in like 4 different song in a minutes to set the mood which was a big mistake because it only gave me a headache. You don't always need a song to fit the mood. Silence is the strongest weapon.

Instead of having a strong plot and keeping to it for 12 - 16 episodes, this drama has the base line "Angel loves human" and then changes the plot from one common drama to another, to keep it interesting. In the beginning it reminded me of "You who came from the stars" and other fantasy/romance dramas. Then it changed into School 2015 and other friendship and bullying centered youth dramas. Stepping over to a lighter and slightly more psycho version of School 2013s bromance before it escalates to a very unusual Romeo and Juliet and then finally dies out in a typical fantasy/romance ending with a touch of amnesia.

The Guest
Nov 13, 2018
This drama is really not a joke. It was very well made and everything was pretty much on point. The acting was good, the scenes brought out strong emotions and the story had a very nice way of unraveling, one episode at a time. It's the kind of drama that lingers on you for a long time even after the final credits have rolled.

You will encounter a lot of gore and unpleasant scenes. If you are sensitive to people stabbing themselves, eating their own limbs, hanging themselves or other goreful activities, DON'T watch this.

There is no romance. The main characters will slowly get closer but it's all in a nightmare like fight to avenge their families and each other.

This is not a light watch. It is bingable but it's not something you'd watch to feel happy. The story is very dark, sad and deep and plays a lot on the negative elements and emotions of people.

The acting was great and the story was interesting. Although one or two episodes felt a bit draggy, every single episode was an important part of the unraveling of the mystery. I love how they never once left the main road, instead we watched things happen on the road side and each happening was a sign, telling us where to turn next.

BUT NO DRAMA IS PERFECT.

The ending was not to my liking. To be honest, I had worked out, what I thought was a great theory, but in the end I was wrong and I'm okay with that as long as you give me something better. Instead, I felt like the writers randomly added an extra plot twist, just because, and then filmed a few extra scenes to back up their new change of course. I would have forgiven them for that if they had not ruined the potential of a brilliant ending in the next set of scenes! This is the only part of the story where the writers broke their own rules and the laws of nature just to have a happy ending which is why this drama is not a 10.

Reply 1997
Oct 19, 2018
Note:
If you want to feel emotionally moved, this is probably a good drama. It's well made and contains good acting and all in all has a good story. If you're not used to Korean culture or Korean dramas or if this is your first kdrama, I DO NOT recommend watching this yet! The extreme overdramatic behavior of everyone will just come off as yelling and fighting and will distract you enough to lose the beauty of the story.

This drama contains:

- Romance, comedy, friendship, family, idol obsessions, a lot of yelling, a lot of fighting, a lot of bickering, a lot of hitting, a lot of 90's references, deep truths, and youthful life lessons, love triangles and a hint of lgbt.

- A group of friends getting along very well and romance sparking between some of them.

- Slice of life with a classy kind of medium drama.

- Medium chance of crying because of relatable content.

- Ridiculous extremness in idol obsessions, family matters, romance and friendship.

Surplus Princess
Oct 19, 2018
This drama contains:
- Romance, comedy, frustration, misunderstandings, love triangles, evil exes, weird side characters, cute side plots, handsome boys, pretty girls, good acting, light watch.

- Not deep or dark, low chance of crying.

- An energetic and happy go lucky female lead who stands on the boarder of being really annoying or clumsily charming. A very charming and handsome second male lead who (as always), lacks flaws. A not so charming and always less handsome first male lead who lacks in a lot of ways.

- That really mean and annoying Ex girlfriend who ruins it for everyone and makes you frustrated.

- Romance starting off on the wrong foot and progressing through bicker fights. Romance starting off with a happy spark and progressing through nice encounters and cute moments. Impossible not to ship. Romance starting out from friendship.

- A lot of misunderstandings and situations that will make you frustrated and annoyed. Some moments should really not have been allowed to happen and some were just straight up stupid.

- The main story is a plot hole in itself which pulls down the rating quite a bit. Because the whole drama was rushed, few progressions are believable and it all seems like low budget script writing.

- A perfect build up to nothing, leading to one of the most disappointing endings I've ever seen.

- A really funny Korean SNL reference that you will only understand if you see their GTA parody.

- Nam Joo Hyuks Busan accent.

Thirty But Seventeen
Sep 22, 2018
Content

- This drama has a lot of heartbreaking scenes as each characters past is revealed BUT it is not a melodramatic cry-fest. Instead, it has a very bright and energetic approach. There is quite a lot of comedic scenes and the characters are very childish, lovable and extremely cute.

- Trauma. All characters have some type of trauma that keeps them from happiness so all the conflicts will be centered around the different events that scarred each person and how they work through it.

- The romance is a part of the main plot but it never uses the plot for more romantic scenes. It's like the ending had already been decided and writers were working in romantic scenes instead of making unrealistic events so that the characters can get closer. It was all natural.

- The characters will grow and develop throughout the drama and it gives off the feeling of coming home after a very long trip that lasted a life time.

- This is a high budget, well made, well written, well progressed drama. There were no plot holes that bothered me and things felt very realistic.

- A bearable love triangle with not too much screen time and a good ending that will wreck ships. The first male lead was was an acceptable defeat for people with second lead syndrome. (If you did have SLS, watch Queen of the ring)

I was expecting a lot of short cutting in the story for the sake of the romance but I was surprised when I found out how different it was. This is not your typical romance drama where the plot is supporting the love between two leads. This is more of a healing drama, showing the hardship of different people supporting each other to achieve happiness.

ENJOYYYYY!!