News
Replying to Fer • May 10, 2023
Title Romance on the Farm
fr I can't remember another historical cdrama where the main characters were normal citizens
Chef Hua is the only one that comes to mind right away for me. Maybe I need to make a list of historical dramas with normal citizens who aren't royalty or nobility in some way.
1 0
On Maria Clara and Ibarra • Apr 26, 2023
Title Maria Clara and Ibarra
Finally checked to see if it’s on Netflix in the US and it’s not. Bummer!
1 1
Replying to Demzlw • Apr 24, 2023
Title Till the End of the Moon
Watching episodes 25/26 and I can’t help but think how these scenes must have been so difficult for them to…
It's one of those tropes that always shows up in Chinese historical dramas. Someone is injured/dying? they have to spit blood for you to understand how hurt they are!
0 0
Replying to Taz_X • Mar 20, 2023
List Historical Romance Dramas with Happy Endings Spoiler
The Starry Love - Just finished but it also has a happy ending, an open happy ending.
Oh yes I watched it and it's one of my favorites now. I just hadn't added it to the list yet. I try to add the recently aired shows every month or two. But thank you for the reminder!
0 0
Replying to limaje • Mar 1, 2023
List Historical Romance Dramas with Happy Endings
Great list thankyou. I only watch happy endings! I don't know if anyone has suggested adding La Ong Dao? Thai.…
You're welcome! And thank you for the suggestion, I added it to the list. :)
1 0
On Re-Cycle • Jan 28, 2023
Title Re-Cycle
Very creepy and creative with a unique story. I love discovering hidden gems like this.
4 1
Replying to Just_one_more_episode • Jan 27, 2023
List Historical Romance Dramas with Happy Endings
A really usefull list because I hate sade endings :) :)Thanks from France !
Me too! And you're welcome.
1 0
On Welcome to the Occult Woods • Oct 4, 2022
Title Welcome to the Occult Woods Spoiler
I'm going to preface this by saying I really love Noroi: The Curse, which Shiraishi Koji directed, and the film Occult that is a sort of prequel to this series. We have the same alien creatures threatening the existence of humanity that appeared in Occult, but they are fleshed out a bit more here taking on different shapes and possessing people in interesting ways. I enjoyed how the same actor who played Eno in Occult was in this series in a hero role instead of the villain role that he previously had, it felt like a kind of redemption even if it wasn't the same character. I wanted to know more about Nanashi, where did he get these crazy powers that help him defeat evil alien creatures? His character was just cool. The best part to me is I could tell that everyone was having fun when they made this, it came through in their performances. I also really loved the ending, how they were just going to keep moving on, but welp nope maybe after all that they ended up dead anyway. 😅
0 0
On Welcome to the Occult Woods • Oct 4, 2022
Title Welcome to the Occult Woods
So much fun. The right combination of camp and creepiness.
0 0
Replying to gypsy_cloud • Sep 28, 2022
Title A Familiar Stranger
I'd highly recommend to watch with Viki subs. It's subbed up to ep3 now (equivalent to MangoTv ep6). I shall come…
I'm glad to hear that Viki is subbing it. It's always dissapointing when I read an interesting synopsis and then look over at the network and it's Mango TV.
5 0
Replying to fantasy no5 • Sep 26, 2022
Title A Werewolf Boy Spoiler
some say that this was not necessarily a sad ending, but for me this was the saddest ending i had ever seen in…
It's one of the saddest endings ever to me too. She just left him there by himself for essentially a lifetime? Pretty much on par with the sadness of the ending to Edward Scissorhands.
5 1
Replying to Sonme • Sep 17, 2022
Title Thousand Years for You Spoiler
Yep. When everything you want is given to you of course you will be a brat! I don't think she's a bad person though.…
Oh yeah I can agree with you there. I don't like it when male leads do those kind of things so I shouldn't gloss over when female leads do them either! I do think it's interesting to see a female lead in a more aggressive/dominant role though.
0 1
Replying to LadybugDiva • Sep 17, 2022
List Historical Romance Dramas with Happy Endings
Are there any new additions to the list
I try to add new dramas every month or two. The most recent addition was Love Between Fairy and Devil. If there are any older dramas that fit this list that I have missed out on please let me know!
2 1
Replying to NightWanderer • Sep 16, 2022
Title Thousand Years for You Spoiler
I understand why YDD behaves that way. She grew up without mother figure and everyone around her are mannerless…
Yep. When everything you want is given to you of course you will be a brat! I don't think she's a bad person though. She's only obsessed with money because she has to feed a lot of people. And she wanted to give away money from her failed first wedding (well second failed wedding if you count the rooster husband 😆) to poor people as they were traveling back home. Plus in her first life she literally sacrificed herself to end a war. Personally I love her. I think she's funny and badass.
3 3
night jasmine • Sep 6, 2022
List eating fried chicken
I just wanted to let you know that I love that you made a list of shows where characters eat fried chicken. It does happen in a lot of modern Korean dramas!
1 1
On Mama Gogo • Aug 31, 2022
Title Mama Gogo
Cute and sweet. All of the characters experienced growth in various ways. I would rank this among my favorite modern Thai series.
9 0
Replying to Sonme • Aug 30, 2022
List Historical Romance Dramas with Happy Endings Spoiler
Thanks for catching that! Yes the male lead does die so I'm not sure why I had it on the list in the first place.
I watched it when it first came out. I remember enjoying it even though I usually avoid romance dramas with sad endings. I must have thought the same as you when I put it on this list. I do have some other shows here where one partner dies before the other, I think all of them live to old age though unlike the male lead in The Princess Weiyoung.
1 0
On Twenty Your Life On Season 2 • Aug 24, 2022
Title Twenty Your Life On Season 2
I'm not big on modern Chinese dramas but I love this show just as much as the first season because of the friendship between the girls. On the other hand, I am disappointed by the goldfish in that tiny container in episode 10. It's very cruel to put an aquatic animal into a container they can barely move around in.
2 0
Replying to Somins Cotton Candy • Aug 19, 2022
Article Gong Hyo Jin and Kevin Oh are set to tie the knot in October!
I think I'm just like u, i feel the same way, no u're not alone on this one, I don't think I can trust noona relationships,…
Megan Mullally is 12 years older than Nick Offerman and they've been married since 2003. And Maxwell Caulfield has been married to Juliet Mills since 1980. She is 18 years older than him.
11 3
On Are You Human? • Aug 4, 2022
Title Are You Human?
If anyone is interested in watching another show with a relationship between a human and a robot you should check out The Orville. The Orville is more like Star Trek storywise with an esemble cast exploring space, but the narrative between the human and the robot is really well done.
3 0
