No matter how or why he died so young, it is tragic and heartbreaking. But the idea he may have ended his own life because of the kpop industry makes me so angry. In 2017 Shinee's Kim Jonghyun took his own life (at least partly) because of it. He wasn't the first one to do so, nor the last sadly. It was six years ago. Six years, and nothing changed ?! They work so hard and gives fans so much of themselves but their work environment is still toxic enough to push them to this ? This enrages me. And I can't even begin to wrap my head around how he must have felt and how his loved ones feel now. I have no words. It's simply awful. I hope he is in peace now.
But the idea he may have ended his own life because of the kpop industry makes me so angry. In 2017 Shinee's Kim Jonghyun took his own life (at least partly) because of it. He wasn't the first one to do so, nor the last sadly. It was six years ago. Six years, and nothing changed ?! They work so hard and gives fans so much of themselves but their work environment is still toxic enough to push them to this ? This enrages me.
And I can't even begin to wrap my head around how he must have felt and how his loved ones feel now. I have no words. It's simply awful. I hope he is in peace now.