• Location: Germany. Poland. USA. ♥

Maggy

Germany. Poland. USA. ♥
Just Between Lovers
Jan 31, 2018
Let me be clear from the beginning: I absolutely love this drama and it will forever be one of my favorites :) The story, cast and music just fit so perfectly that one can really not put it into words. You have to watch this!

A boy and girl meet during an accident where a building colapses and the two are buried underneath the concrete. Both are rescued in the end, but this incident leaves them, and also many others, with different levels of struggles and pain.
A very sad story with a lot of struggles that turns into a beautiful life lesson. Seriously, I haven't come across a drama where such a sad begining turns into a wonderful peace of art, like it did here.

Acting/Cast:
All the cast members do a splendid job here, they depict their characters perfectly so you love and hate them in all the right places. Actually, there is no character that I hate in the end, although I hated him or her inbetween. Everything is resolved in the end. And then there are the main characters Moon Soo and Gang Doo, who are the above mentioned boy and girl. Moon Soo is played by Won Jin Ah and although she seems a little reserved in the beginning, she really did a great job overall.
And now, let me come to the star of this show. Lee Junho (of 2PM) as Gang Doo. GIVE THIS MAN AN AWARD! His acting is so perfect, so real that you can't help but fall in love with Gang Doo. Every little emotion Gang Doo feels is visible thanks to Junho -  wow, wow, wow! I didn't know him before, as I didn't watch Chief Kim, but now I've become a sucker for Junho (and 2PM xD) thanks to his acting here.

This drama has another great feature that lies in the music. Or rather, the lack of music. There are moments in this drama were there is no sound at all and you have no choice but to immerse into the emotions the characters feel. And that are the moments where it gets reaaaaally intense. Great! Also, if there is music, it always fits and is never too much. Another good point: Junho himself sang one of the songs of the OST and it's just beautiful!

Rewatch Value:
Yes, will definitely rewatch this at some point in time. Even if it's only to see Gang Doo's emotions!

Overall:
This drama deserves an award. Or better, a lot of them. It is really amazing and took my kdrama experience to a whole new level. An emotional rollercoaster that is worth all the ups and downs! It's simply a masterpiece. I bow my head to the writers, directors, actors, and all the other people who worked on this. Thank you!

A Love So Beautiful
May 22, 2018
Childhood neighbors who become a couple after knowing each other for several years. Very basic story line with no surprises. Although I like that the OTPs friends were important and had all their own story lines, this dragged out the drama.

The male lead was really static and seemed to have no emotions at all. The female lead on the other hand was often annoying (some might call it bubbly) and all over the place.

Again, the basic idea of showing their love from the beginning to end is great. However, the beginning took about 16 episodes (their high school years), while their collage and after-collage life was wrapped up in 7...this also means 16 episodes of no real deep or romantic encounters, and 7 episodes where they are adults, but again we don't see many lovely scenes. Actually, the last episode was the best, as there was a lot of love included!

Acting/Cast:
As this was my first cdrama I don't know any of the cast. They made an okay job, though. The characters were quite annoying...

Nothing to to remember.

Rewatch:
0/0 I seriously don't know, if I will even watch a cdrama again....

Overall:
I get how their deep bond from the beginning is meant to be shown, however it's more suited for a younger audience (about 13+ years) as the focus is on the high school years. I would have loved to watch their adult life more.

Goblin
Oct 1, 2017
Okay, here's the thing: Goblin was a drama sooooooo many people loved. It was said to be such a great drama. It took me really long to watch it, simply because I am an anti-hype girl. I never read or watch things while they are being hyped, as I don't want my view to be somehow clouded.
But then at some point, I'll probably watch or read it nevertheless. That's how it was with Goblin. And I honestly looked forward to it because it was supposed to be such a great drama. Boy, was I wrong. Here's why.

The story is basically a great idea! A Goblin who needs his bride to be redeemed. His bride being a High School girl, that he once saved, who sees ghosts. Wait, what?! An ancient guy and a High School girl? Oooooookay....I thought, well, maybe they just meet once while she's in High School and then they meet years later to fall in love. Well, no. That's not what happens. The story is reaaaaaaallllllyyyyyy slow paced and with that at some point it was just dragging on and on and on and on and I thought  "MOVE! FORWARD!" But that did not happen until the last two or so episodes. Meeh -.-
The only thing that made this slow story better is the story line between the Grim Reaper and Sunny. I would have loved to have THEM as the main couple and tell THEIR story rather than the Goblin's story.

Acting/Cast:
I haven't watched any drama with Gong Yoo or Lee Dong Wook before, wo I was open to anything that might come along the way. They both acted fantastically but I was just SO IRRITATED with Gong Yoo's role. He was constantly going on my nerves acting like a spoiled little child. Some scenes, especially in the beginning were really funny and I got some weird glances from my husband because I burst out in laughter several times. But after some time the Goblin became really annoying.
The Grim Reaper on the other hand had a lot of depth and he was a fascinating character through and through.
Now on to the girls, I watched Kim Go Eun in "Cheese in the Trap" and Yoo In Na in "My love from another star" and I liked both of them. Here they also did a pretty alright job. But due to this slow paced story I couldn't enjoy there acting much.
A huge praise goes to Yook Sung Jae, he was hilarious and so damn cute!
Also, I would have loved to see more scenes with Kim So Hyun and Kim Min Jae - THEY LOOK SO FREAKING GOOD TOGETHER! Can they please get a drama where they are the OTP!?!?

Now that's the amazing part of the drama - the music. Alsways spot on and so so beautiful! Together with the scenery - WOW!

Rewatch Value:
I would give a 0 if I could. Will never rewatch this.

Overall:
It could have been amazing! Unfortunately it wasn't. Not at all.

Suspicious Partner
Jul 18, 2017
Let's just stick to the categories:

Story: Why I took half a point of is because the female lead somehow overreacts a little concerning her father's death and Noh Ji Wook's involvement in it. I mean, come one, he was just a kid. But that was really the only annoying part. Overall it is a well developed, heart-warming but also very thrilling story. Here you've got everything: love, crime, thriller, comedy =) And this is also the way this show affects your feelings: you cry happy and sad tears (more happy ones though) and it never gets boring. Until the very end there are things that need to be resolved. Thankfully the romance does not wait to develop until the last few episodes, but starts really quickly (whoop whoop!).

Acting: Can't I give the cast an 11 or 12 or... 20? Because that is exactly how great the cast and their acting is! And this is also a huge part of why I love this drama so much. Honestly I did not know JCW before (shame on me! ;)) but after this show I totally fell in love with his acting. He depicts his character really well and shows his acting skills to the fullest. A huge praise also goes to Nam Ji Hyun and Choi Tae Joon for depicting their characters perfectly.

Music: Not annoying and not too much of it. Always very well placed.

Rewatch Value: One million times yes! I will definitely rewatch this!

Fight For My Way
Jul 21, 2017
Story: The story is great! Why? Because it is an every day story. There is no rich chaebol and poor girl thing, no forced marriage or anything. Yes, we have the childhood friends who fall for each other, but it's really "just" a friendship in the beginning and it evolves very naturally into love. In the beginning I found the story of the second couple a little annoying, but it was one of my favourite parts in the end. The only "bad point" is that I'm still asking myself why Dong Man's ex played such an important role in the beginning but then kind of vanished from their lives (although she was just living next door in the end).

Acting: It was great acting through and through. Enough said!

Music: Not annoying, suitable and there when needed.

Rewatch Value: I will definitely rewatch this at some point in time!

I really had to make myself watch the first 4 or 5 episodes as I didn't get hooked to it immediately. But once I got addicted I couldn't wait for the next episode to come. But, although of this "slow" start and the logical gap regarding Dong Man's ex (at least for me) this drama deserves a full 10 because it is quite realistic and therefore so different from a lot of other dramas!

Descendants of the Sun
May 18, 2017
Descendants of the Sun is a really really good drama. It's almost perfect.

What I didn't like:
- the push and pull between the main leads, after some time it got a little annoying
- too few kisses :(

What I liked:
- the characters (especially the main couple ;)) were all great, not too flat, and I could unterstand their decisions
- the acting was really good, too
- the chemistry between the main leads!
- the story as such was a nice change to all the other dramas out there

Overall it's a great drama, I got addicted to it quite fast, and I can understand why it was such a success. Still, there are some flaws and there are even better dramas out there :)

Come and Hug Me
Aug 16, 2018
Wow! What a great drama!

Yoon Na Moon and Gil Nak Won meet as kids, become friends and even fall in love a little. But Na Moon's father is a threat for their young love and he ultimately kills Nak Won's parents. The drama tells the story of their lives in the present and how Na Moon and Nak Won are coping with the events from the past. They both changed their names and lost each other, but as destiny wants it, they meet again and also fall for each other again. They need each other to heal and the subtle and very quiet romance warms your heart. However, the threat in the form of Na Moon's father didn't disappear. Although he's in jail, he still haunts them in more ways than one.
In this drama you find a very well developed story line, with no unnecessary developments, and meaning in every little detail. The only thing that "annoyed" me after some time was that Nak Won always addressed Na Mon with his full name. She repeated it every. single. time. although she could have just continued her speech without his name. But that may also be just me and my strange quirks.

Acting/Cast:
The acting was great! Especially the young actors blew me away! They are all so talented and able to really deliver the emotions the character is feeling. But also the adult actors did an amazing job! Especially Jang Ki Yong showed that he is really able to play a deeply torn character. And then there is Heo Joon Ho, who plays the murderer. Oh my God, he is so creepy I really cringed every time he appeared on screen - goosebumps everywhere!

On point and never annoying.

Rewatch Value:
I'm not a rewatcher, but this one is really on the top spot for rewatching. Especially as I believe I will find more and more aspects that I like about this drama every time I watch it again.

Overall:
If you're expecting a crime drama filled with romance, then you better stay away. There is a little romance, but it is clearly not the main focus.
Still interested? Then watch it!

10 10 10 :)

Cinderella and the Four Knights
Jan 31, 2017
I started watching this series although I was not a fan of the cast - in the beginning.
After all they did a great job, as they did what they were told to. But....oh well there are a lot of "buts".

Some of the characters are a little too twisted, and at times there seemed to be two or more personalities per person - switching within seconds!
BUT! I could handle this, I thought.

And then, at the end, the worst and most annyoing part of this show came around the corner: story twists. Twists everywhere! And all of that in the last 4 or 3 episodes. Really? There was even a point where I anticipated one of the characters being run over by a car because hell, why not!? That would have fit perfectly to the course of the story at this point. And it was clearly only to make the show more and more melodramatic. Until these story twists started, I thought the show was perfectly fine, not the best, but okay to watch. All this new story lines and twists - it was just too much in the end. It seems that the creators just wanted to add every possible melodramatic story line into the last few episodes. And that was simply too much.

The Heirs
Nov 27, 2016
Oh my Gosh! I love this Drama, I couldn't stop watching the episodes and now I am really sad that it's over. It feels like missing someone really bad - I just really miss the characters.

I really liked the cast as such and the story, as well as how it developed. The chemistry between the actors was really great and I did believe them everything. Also the funny moments made me laugh really hard.

Sometimes it became a little tiring because of the back and forth between Kim Tan and Ch Eun Sang. I also would have loved to see some more kisses ;) But apart from that it was great!

I hope that there will be a second season sometime as there are so many story strings that can still be developed! Until then I will just rewatch it over and over again!

Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo
Feb 22, 2017
Oh my, what a wonderful show!

The things I love about this show:
- Kim Book Joo herself and her overall adorable character
- Jeong Joon Hyung and the way he was madly in love with her no matter what happened
- These two as a couple - sooooooo sweet!
- the fact that the ex-girlfriend is not a total bitch but rather a really nice girl one could understand

Overall a wonderful drama with great characters, a nice chemistry between the two lead, and good life messages :) Thank you to those who created this drama!
Cheese in the Trap
Mar 9, 2017
When I first came across the drama I thought, that the plot sounded interesting and that I should watch it asap. And then I read some reviews, many about how the ending wasn't great. And as I'm a sucker for happy endings, I didn't watch the drama right away. It took me some time, but after watching some other dramas I kept coming back to this one and I finally started watching.

And what should I say? I really really really liked it! And I think that the ending is perfect as it is because it fits the drama AND leaves the possibility for a sequel (I would really love that).

I liked the cast and characters, although the character of Hong Seol could have been a little braver and have more confidence (I know it's based on the webtoon and that's how she is). And Lee Sung Kyung showed her acting skills by being the ultimate crazy bitch - damn annoying but really hilarious at times.

So overall it was a pleasant drama with the right wrap up in the end. I would really like a sequel!

Something in the Rain
May 27, 2018
My first noona romance drama and I have to say:
Oh what a wonderful drama! It got a little tiring in the end, but overall it was worth it!

Joon Hee is the brother of Jin Ah's best friend. They know each other since childhood and now, as Joon Hee returrns from the US, where he lived and studied for three years, he finally decides to follow his emotions and try to get Jin Ah as his girlfriend. The drama depicts the struggles they have to overcome to be accepted by society, but also - and most importantly - their beautiful, fluffy and sometimes very sexy love. I enjoyed the drama very much up to the 12th episode, after that the story line got a little out of hand. Some characters (including the main female lead) became very annoying in some aspects. Also Jin Ah's mother acted like an annoying little child who didn't get her will. I know that she was supposed to resemble the Korean society and their view on marriage, but still, her character was too much. The ending was also not to my taste, but you gotta see it yourself to make a judgement (no sad ending, don't worry).
However, up until the 12 episode we got one of the most beautiful love stories I have ever witnessed in a kdrama!

Acting/Cast:
They all did a wonderful job. A huge praise goes especially to Jung Hae In. After watching him in While You Were Sleeping I was really excited for his main role here, and I wasn't disappointed. Also, Joon Hee is a character I would fall for in real life! The supporting roles were also birlliant and gave the drama an authentic feeling.

OH THIS MUSIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the music in this drama. Someone said somehwere that it gives the whole drama a French feeling, and it's true! The soundtrack and the total lack of music and sounds in some scenes makes this drama so wonderfully intense! I am really in love with this soundtrack.

Rewatch Value:
If I would be a rewatcher, this drama would have a high chance of me rewatching it.

Overall:
Feel-Good, fluffy and sexy noona-romance with some (small) deductions in the last few episodes.

That Man Oh Soo
May 9, 2018
Well, this has gotta be the lowest rating I have given a drama so far.
Although I was really excited for it in the begining, it was only a dragging-through and skipping-scenes in the end.

The synopsis sounded quite alright, eventhough I am not a huge fan of fantasy elements. Now the fantasy element here was that Oh Soo could see the aura of people and thereby understand how they feel. He could then mix something in their drink to soothe or intesify this feeling. Ok, ok, whatever. I was more interested in the romance from the very start, and yes, there was romance. And no, it wasn't fluffy or cute or anything in my opinion. There was no chemistry between the main leads.
Also all this aura-seeing, the mysterious tree and the whole family & friends background stories seemed to just be there, so there was SOMETHING. The stories didn't connect in my opinion the way the writer had probably planned them to. Seriously, what did the tree had to do with his ability to see things? Was the powder maybe extracted from the flowers on the tree? If so, I really missed the part where that was explained.

Acting/Cast:
I was excited for Kim So Eun as I really like her acting. And her acting was really good, as well as Lee Jong Hyun's, but the characters were just meh. Yoo Ri was sometimes really annoying and not funny at all. It was cringeworthy. Oh Soo was totally shy and a stuck up in the beginning and then suddenly he was the obsessive boyfriend (really, there was no development, it just suddenly happened).

I don't recall any songs from the drama, which means there was some music, but it wasn't good enough to let me think "Oh, this drama's music was great!"

Rewatch Value:

Overall:
I can't find a single reason why someone should watch this, so don't. The story was all over the place and the characters had a poor development, if there even was some. Just no.

The K2
Feb 14, 2018
Thanks to Ji Chang Wook I finished this drama. Without him there? Probably would have dropped it.

The basic idea of the story is quite nice. Political affairs tight together with family tragedies and everything evil from the financial world. Sounds great, right? But then there is more. A (subtle?) love triangle, unrequited love, a past love that was killed and someone who needs to take revenge for this killing....A daughter taking revenge on the family that abandoned her...another daughter taking revenge on her stepmother (who is the afore mentioned daughter)...a woman taking revenge on her husband who does not love her one bit, but stays with her due to his career. So, as you see, there is a lot of revenge going on. That's already a little confusing, but then there are all these sudden twists and you think "What the heck just happened here? How? What? Why?" I am sure there are some people that like these kinds of twists, but for me it was simply too much and really annoying. Oh, and one other annoying thing: many of the characters acted like spoiled little children whose favorite lollipop has been stolen. Ugh.

Acting/Cast:
JCW (as expected) did a great job here. He did what he was supposed to do, although there were some really absurd parts (like ten men fighting each other under the shower....yaaay no). I've seen him playing better roles!
Song Yoon Ah's acting was also great. I hated her character to the very end (yeah, sorry, no pity from my side), and I believe that's what the character was supposed to be - a total bitch. And although I hated her character, I was still impressed by her acting.
Im Yoon Ah's acting on the other side....well I don't know. She was a naive and dumb little girl. And I also did not like her very much. Question is only, was she supposed to be this naive and dumb or is she just a bad actress? I haven't seen her in any other dramas yet, but I must say that I am not impressed.

German classics - liked it and it was always fitting. The music gave this whole drama an ominous atmosphere.

Rewatch Value:
Will not rewatch it, as I am not a rewatcher, especially for a drama I wasn't impressed with.

Overall:
MDL suggested a 6, but I think it deserves a 7. As someone already pointed out: it could have been so much more (and so much better)!

Reply 1997
Jul 8, 2017
At first Reply 1997 was just a "filler" for the long days between two dramas that are currently airing. But in the end I didn't watch the new episode of the drama I wanted to watch but finished Reply first, as I got addicted to it and needed to know the end! :) Here are the great points of this drama: - great story, not just the "short" story of love but the story of a whole life - the characters, not only the main couple but also their closest friends and family are important here - I grew up in the 90s, so I know the whole deal ;)

Why I only gave 9 points: - the flashbacks, flashforwards and flash-I-don't-know-which-year-I'm-in-backs/-forwards were confusing after some tim.

Overall a great drama with a unique storyline - love it!