Details

  • Last Online: 57 minutes ago
  • Gender: Female
  • Location:
  • Contribution Points: 0 LV0
  • Roles:
  • Join Date: September 22, 2024
  • Awards Received: Finger Heart Award1
Replying to Effie_Joon • May 8, 2026
First Friday without them... 😒
😭
Seriously... SCD messed up my entire BL schedule that I had planned for myself πŸ˜‹
I was chilling, waiting for Soul Mate to finally drop after months of waiting and then, in the meantime, SCD came along out of nowhere and now I don't have a heart to watch anything BL or BL-adjacent at all 😞
7 16
Replying to Effie_Joon • May 7, 2026
Yeah, pretty much. They've hinted at a possible season 2, but nothing is confirmed yet. Hopefully, if we keep…
Oh wow, respect to you! Wish I could understand Greek, I'd go and evaluate your work πŸ˜‰ Sadly I only know how to say "Thank you" and even that I wouldn't be able to read anywayπŸ˜‹
I'm too lazy, just pay for subscriptions πŸ˜‹
2 1
Replying to Effie_Joon • May 7, 2026
Yeah, pretty much. They've hinted at a possible season 2, but nothing is confirmed yet. Hopefully, if we keep…
Thanks 😊 Yeah, I guess it'd look funny to anyone who have watched the show. Chusan really showe some unnique creativity in this performanceπŸ˜…
0 0
Replying to Effie_Joon • May 7, 2026
Yeah, pretty much. They've hinted at a possible season 2, but nothing is confirmed yet. Hopefully, if we keep…
I only leave them on when a drama I watch is so-so or I'm rewatching sth and wanna see people's reactions to sth I've already seen. When I'm really into a story I turn them off πŸ˜‹
1 1
Replying to Aries21 • May 7, 2026
So, guys, what's the name of the next Chinese BL that's going to be our new obsession 🀭?
Sammy's Children's Day Part 2? (alternatively Sammy's Children's Day Season 2) 😊
6 3
Replying to Effie_Joon • May 6, 2026
Yeah, pretty much. They've hinted at a possible season 2, but nothing is confirmed yet. Hopefully, if we keep…
Why, thank you. Yes, Chusan's Oscar-worthy performance is indeed amazing ;)

Well... I think at the very least the money might go more directly to the company, instead of going to the streaming platform (?). You know, since it is the official channel for the drama. I'm sure YouTube takes some cut too, though.
I guess watching on Viki or Gaga sends a message to that streaming platform "that's a series worthy of picking up if there's a next season" which should be a good thing (?).
But on the other hand, if we think of Viki, there are so many titles, including some major kdramas and cdramas. I don't think a still somewhat niche cBL would impress them enough with the views πŸ˜‹SCD was a number one show on Gaga a few consecutive weeks, but Gaga is a small platform, I don't know how much good it does.
Besides, it's not like any of these platforms would make SCD its exclusive.

Not that I know anything of that type of a business model to start with πŸ™ƒ
1 3
Replying to Effie_Joon • May 6, 2026
Yeah, pretty much. They've hinted at a possible season 2, but nothing is confirmed yet. Hopefully, if we keep…
There's an entire official YouTube channel where you can pay for membership and watch all the episodes afterwards (otherwise it's only the first ep that's free and open to watch for everybody). I think the payment is less than Viki subscription, but I'm not certain.
I've been alternating between Viki and GagaOOLala as well. Gaga's subs are sometimes totally weird (but granted, as always the least censored ;))
2 10
Replying to vitamea • May 4, 2026
you're right we desperately need more chinese GL to even it out
I'll take you upon that offer for sure once I revisit CoM :)
1 0
Replying to Effie_Joon • May 4, 2026
You haven't seen a single comment about the dubbing? Everyone's complaining about it! And it's not that bad if…
There's even a separate discussion topic dedicated only to the dubbing issue ;P
2 0
Replying to any_anka • May 4, 2026
I think the moment they had an official couple name and colour, they were already on the market πŸ˜‹(which was…
Not that crazy... or at least I understand what you're saying. For what is worth, I personally find their dynamic quite natural and could totally believe they enjoy doing all the fanservice :P (if that makes you feel any better lol).

I just have rather complicated feelings about the whole shipping-culture. On the one hand, it's done for a reason, so why those want to enjoy it shouldn't enjoy it? But then on the other hand (stronger, more prevalent in my mind) I generally detest the whole entitlement that often comes with it, and I feel like people are usually not mature enough to just enjoy it for what it is and end up butting in into actor's private lives (which is a huge no-no in my POV).
I don't hold it against the actors who do it though, as it is (for better of worse) part of the industry. For now at the very least. They're just doing their jobs...
But anyway... rant about nothing really.

I wish that all the hard work put into the drama and everything connected to it would pay off. I wrote it somewhere in here before, how I could feel the passion and effort put into the drama while watching it. And as for these two in particular, whether it's a natural talent or a result of hard work, they're genuinely skilled people. I wholeheartedly wish for them to thrive in their careers.
1 0
Replying to Effie_Joon • May 4, 2026
I went through the exact opposite. I didn’t expect to love it, I just wanted something enjoyable to pass the…
Similar here. Not having many expectations, ending up loving the story and thinking I had prepared myself to be completely chill about the ending as long as there's some sort of conclusion for the main couple (which I kinda got in that epic kiss, so I don't actually feel dissatisfied).
The difference is, though, that while I am outwardly very sceptical about the s2 possibility, I'm just a big phoney and a faker, because in my delulu mind I totally see that second season happening :P Like, I realised that I don't even consider not seeing the rest of the story, not having the cop duo develop their story, not seeing Liuyi out of jail... Just not happening in my universe ;)
1 1
Replying to nayoichi • May 3, 2026
There is second seasonCheck this: https://www.facebook.com/share/p/1Dxjn9Lbz7/
Thanks, I admit it's kinda awesome :P All courtesy of Chusan's dramatic a** ;)
1 1
Replying to any_anka • May 3, 2026
I don't think there's anything like that yet. Actors nodding their heads during a live or letting it slip here…
Yeah, it was so messy... Thank you for providing more context to that case. I only wrote what was my final conclusion based on all the mess happening in the meantime, but your comment gives more valuable details (though I will admit, also reminds me just how infuriating was that whole situation :( opening my scarred wounds :P).
1 0
Replying to vitamea • May 3, 2026
you're right we desperately need more chinese GL to even it out
K&H is peak romance, despite being a "bromance". I literally loved everything about Yue Lou and Yu Zhi (aside the ending, I suppose). Now, recommending CoM while linking it to K&H like that is diabolical, but also working... :P
1 2
Replying to stolenart • May 3, 2026
I'm just here to change my take on xizhao (actors playing Chusan and Liu Yi) being authentic and not doing fan…
I think the moment they had an official couple name and colour, they were already on the market πŸ˜‹(which was right at the beginning of promotions).
But if they're doubling down on delivering now, I guess it's a good sign for everyone (including me) hoping for that second season?

I'm not a fan of couple marketing, the way China does it or the way Thai BL industry does it. Conflating actors private lives with their characters on screen always feels like asking for trouble and fixing a permanent ship for years to come seems quite a constraint on an actor's career/artistry.

Having said that, if SCD is supposed to be a long-term project (and I did see some *rumours* mentioning even three seasons), then seeing some longer-term promo strategy gives me hope for an actual continuation, so I guess it's a win for me after all πŸ˜‹

P.S. People can work together and deliver fanservice while still getting along fine or even liking each other. Not that it matters tbh. As far as I'm concerned, they could hate each other's guts in private (not that I wish that upon them, it's better to have a good relationship with you co-star) as long as they delivered the same level of excellent chemistry on screen 😌
11 2
Replying to nayoichi • May 3, 2026
There is second seasonCheck this: https://www.facebook.com/share/p/1Dxjn9Lbz7/
Pretty much. I waited months for The On1y One announcement before they just fumbled everything... It still stings 😭
1 3
Replying to vitamea • May 3, 2026
you're right we desperately need more chinese GL to even it out
Relatively recent, came out a few months ago. It's also set in Republican Era. I like the aesthetics of this period a lot.
My first one Republican Era drama (not a GL/sismance) was Killer & Healer (so underrated, should be way more popular).
1 4
Replying to nayoichi • May 3, 2026
There is second seasonCheck this: https://www.facebook.com/share/p/1Dxjn9Lbz7/
This is very cryptic though. I am not convinced at all πŸ˜‹ (even though I really really really want it to be true)
2 5
Replying to tregetours • May 3, 2026
Can anyone provide stone-hard, ice-cold fact that Season 2 is happening? With source/link? πŸ™
I don't think there's anything like that yet. Actors nodding their heads during a live or letting it slip here and there does not meet my requirements to rest assured.

I still remember how The On1y One had an actual director talking about how much he wants to film it and what came out of it =.=
(The situation is better here in a sense that all actors seem to be signed under the same agency and the agency alone *seems* to be willing to make a second season, I think... With The On1y One it literally looked as if the director was the person pushing for it the most).

I think at the moment they're trying to actually make money of the first season (magazines, possible fanmeets and all that stuff). I suppose the interest in those would determine if and when s2 would actually be made. Honestly, the way I see it, it's all on Chinese fans purchasing power... I don't think they made much money from streaming the show alone, considering how probably half of the audiences were watching from sources other than officialπŸ™„

(All my speculations though).
7 4
Replying to vitamea • May 3, 2026
you're right we desperately need more chinese GL to even it out
Couple of Mirrors, yesss. I did. Sort of. One of the dramas I put on hold due to getting easily distracted, but I did enjoy it actually. Maybe it's a good moment for me to revisit.
There was another one too... Be Her Resilience (but I put it on hold too πŸ˜…)
2 6