I finally finished this. Overall it was good. I really couldn't stand that cockroach Mr.Chu. He had too much screen time. He Yan gave him too much trust and benefit of the doubt. The King his majesty is dumb af, getting tricked left and right by his own people. Even when He Yan and Xiao Jue showed complete loyalty, he still got scammed by Mr.Chu's instigation smh. Anyway, I'm just glad it's a happy ending.
The fake out ending credits, then the abrupt open ending lol. There has to be special episodes or something, otherwise…
Here's my other gripe. Maybe it's because I'm in healthcare but the act of two top surgeons competing using the patient's life threatening/altering surgery to see who comes out "best" and more suited for the position of Head of the surgery department is just dumb and childish. Nobody serious in healthcare gambles with patient safety. And since they're portrayed as top surgeons, it's all the more is ridiculous.
Leng needs acting lessons. He made me drop the series half way. Also what was the point of his character being…
And if we refer back to the original, I think the reason the original Love Destiny worked so well was precisely because Kadesurang was an archaeologist and the story focused on her learning about history through the lens of a passionate expert in the field. I thought if Great was a surgeon, we'd get to see him treat more people and contribute more to the medical side of the story :|
Okay, just from ep1, I already can tell this is going to be one of those subtext context clues driven stories where you really have to put on those thinking caps to enjoy. These types of stories don't bode well with me because I prefer blunt straight forward story telling with good execution. But I really want to watch this so I will give it a try!
The good thing about this show is it made me watch the original version of Love Destiny again lol. These last few episodes have been iffy, but I hope ep10 is able to close off this series well.
Cheng Lei always looks the hottest when he's angry. Man I've never seen a man look so good when yelling and pissed off and wanting to kill someone. Does he have roles where he's like an anti-hero/villain? I want to see more of him going crazy.
I think they should have definitely just focused on quality over quantity. There's no point in having 5 couples (both mains and sides) and barely any time to develop them well. The political and historical plot is already complicated as is, trying to tie all that with the numerous couples is just recipe for disaster.
Is it standard in South Korea to handcuff people with their hands in the front? If he had been handcuffed with his hands behind his back, y'all would have been saved the trouble of him pressing the elevator button. The moment it is incompetence that leads a movie's plot, it is the moment the plot loses any significance in storytelling.
Example.
> he can communicate everything to the others. let's text and share information from now on. ******literally seconds later. > talks loudly about locations and plans.
Yeah, you guys are dumb af and you all deserve to die.
So many people are watching this now that it's over and getting lots of hype from current fans. In my opinion to new watchers, never watch anything based on hype, pls. Watch it because you actually have some interest π the show has its flaws but those flaws are exacerbated by the fact people wasn't interested in story, they just fomo. π it'll only go downhill from there if you only watch because of hype π
Fun fact. The actress for the old nurse lady with the chopped hairdo also plays a minor role as one of the servant character in the original Love Destiny.
I like to concept for Wad and Reung. The contrast between past and present is nice, but the way it was executed was horrible. I think the intimate scene at the end of ep5 was added too early on. It doesn't work well with the development of the past relationship because it's still obviously one-sided. It would have worked better as a reveal after the past relationship has already developed, at least to a point where viewers can see it was mutual, so it adds context that oh, the present is also the same, boom here's an NC. But with the fact Reung is still just pining and Wad seemingly being into Dech, the sex scene in the present just feels out of place.
A lot of people asking for Season 2. Any news of Season 2 or another new series from them??
No news so far. Aside from the magazine photoshoots, they're curruntly doing fan-meetings. I assume once the fan-meets are done, they're officially done with promotion for the show and that'll be the last time they appear on screen together π€·ββοΈ General rule of thumb for BLs (except Thai BL), never expect more than 1 season or multiple series with same actorsπ
I do like that they came back to the future, but at least give us SOMETHING to chew in the current timeline. This ending is giving nothing.
Example.
> he can communicate everything to the others. let's text and share information from now on.
******literally seconds later.
> talks loudly about locations and plans.
Yeah, you guys are dumb af and you all deserve to die.